Poll: Should all loot in WoW be Bind On Account?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    For sure, but things like gold should be account wide, the fact I can't send my own alt gold from my own account because it's on the opposite faction is a disgrace at best. No gear outwith heirlooms should ever be BOA but the mega long grinds such as neck and essences should be account wide.
    There is more than one reason for this.
    A player with enough money could singlehandedly destroy the economy of smaller servers. Faction and serverbound i agree. Not faction or server overarching.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I already found it almost unbearable the second time. Still did it a third time and stopped then.

I like having a long questchain. But as long as these chains are these days (also war campaign) - there is no way I do them on more characters.

Then again...I should be used to it and it isn't as bad as TBC attunements. Now THAT was alt-unfriendly. Guess it is a case of "Shit doesn't taste bad once you had to eat diarrhoea" or so.

I am ok with the way most gear works (except the HoA and cloak). BoA gear helps and a small catch up Quest at 120 for your HoA...but all the stuff around it, like essences behind rep or achievements is why my alts sit around ilv 400 with like 1 essence and HoA around 35. (Though I admit I have too many alts at 120...about 20 of them.....so I never could play them all "properly" anyhow)
    You are aware that you can skip 2 out of the 3 scenarios within the questchain to get the cloak, right? Without them it's just "Do 2 assaults" (which you would do anyway to get gear for your alt), "Teleport from A to B a lot" and "Furorion could do it himself all along, but can't be assed to". And then you have the cloak.
    Sure, it's annoying nontheless, but it can be done in under an hour. Most of you time is spend traveling from the Chamber to HoO and back.

This hypothetical friend wants to raid multiple times a week but also doesn't have the time to farm the catchup gear (which is more then he needs to clear heroic on said alt)? Sounds like a want as opposed to a need issue here.

That said, multiple week mandatory farms like the cloak or the ring or the cloak probably should be boa or purchasable once you farmed it the first time.

Timegates on alts can go to hell's septic tank and eat it with a teaspoon.

Gear is OK character bound I guess, but everything else? Fully account wide repeatable (no "daily-weekly grinds") and without per-alt login or do-this-in-a-minute rewards. Most everything should be once-per-PLAYER stuff.
    Once upon a time... the end. Next time, try twice upon a time.

I'm 50/50 on this.

For end-game loot, I'd say pretty much no across the board. For the alts that I play, pretty much everything I use them for can be accomplished easily with little more than a full set of Black Empire gear to start. Keep in mind, ofc, that I only "properly" guild raid with one character. I've myself never felt the need to get multiple characters much higher than say, 420-425 at most. However, with that said, I'd argue that "Black Empire" gear, or Benthic, or what have you, needs to exist across all patches. Generally they only put decent catch-up mechanics into the game with later patches, if not the last patch (to my knowledge, Benthic was the first time they've done BoA catch-up gear in a patch before the last patch of an xpac) and I think that Benthic or some such needs to exist in some form with every raid tier. If that were the case, then making all the raid, M+ gear account-wide would be pretty much unnecessary because there'd already be a good enough catch-up in place to get you into lower M+ keys to get higher if you so choose. We shouldn't have to wait until the last patch of an xpac to get decent catch-up mechanics. They should be in place from the X.0 patch (or at least when the first raid goes live and M+ unlocks).

Now, what I will say should ABSOLUTELY be account-wide is legacy gear. Xmog stuff from older raids. I think it was something like 18 solid weeks in a row, every week, before I finally got the Giantstalker Boots from Gehennas? Meanwhile those same boots dropped for my warrior once, and my rogue twice, and were rendered immediately useless. Imo that shouldn't happen. Legacy raids are effectively only cosmetic rewards at this juncture, they do not increase player power by one single iota, and therefore it's unreasonable to me that they should require such a time investment. It's kinda ridiculous. Dead tired of getting some tier piece or some such that one class doesn't need, but another class could use, and so I have to vendor it and spend 4-5 more weeks in a given raid with the other class until I finally get that item again. Because ofc it won't drop for the class that can actually use it.

That's just my two cents, agree or disagree, whatever, it's fine. There hasn't been a WoW opinion that's existed that somebody, somewhere, won't find a way to be disgusted by.
    "I have watched the other races... I have seen their squabbling, their ruthlessness. Their wars do nothing but scar the land, and drive the wild things to extinction. No, they cannot be trusted. Only beasts are above deceit." - Rexxar

Voted no! I'm otherwise a strong supporter of account bind anything. Achievements especially. All of them. Maybe even stuff like zones and quests. Basically just able to mark a zone as completed on alt, revealing all the map and completing all the quests (but you dont get the rewards naturally) if you have the achievement.

However account bound gear is wheres Id draw the line.. well aside from what already is in the game, like those catch up tokens you can mail.

Really? There is a "skip this" dialogue option? How did I ever miss that? I mean...I did those quite some time ago..was it always there?
    Yup. Did it on two characters on the second week. Skipped on the second one.
    On topic: No. Also it would create so many problems it's absolutely crazy.

Really? There is a "skip this" dialogue option? How did I ever miss that? I mean...I did those quite some time ago..was it always there?
    It's easy to miss. In Uldum you talk to magni in front of the the halls of origination and get send into the Scenario. BUT if you talk to him a SECOND TIME, you will get the option to skip. Note, that you won't see the dialogue option if you just accept the quest, you have to talk to him once more (which you normally would not, that's why you probably missed it).
    Same goes for Ra'den: Once you accept his quest to go to Mogushan Halls, talk to him a second time and you can skip it.

Blizzard was really sneaky about it this time, in all other cases you got the dialogue option without having to specifically "ask".

Cool...makes me look like an idiot though
    There are couple of things you can't skip, tho whole magi BS is skippable and something else is too. Anyway, it's saves a chunk of time

The dumbest idea I've heard to date. 2/10 try harder

No, but they could make it simpler to get gear on alts.

For example, a boss could sometimes drop a BoA gear token to exchange for gear from a lower difficulty. So I might not get the Mythic Ra-den trinket on my main, but I could exchange that token for a Heroic weapon for my priest. It might actually make it worth playing more once you're fully geared or gone as far as you can progress.

And if they can take the grind out of that cloak quest, as well as allow faster catch up, that would be neat. Normal N'Zoth kill = 1 token, Heroic =2, Vision full clear = 1, with additional token per mask. No weekly limit.