Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
... LastLast
  1. #141
    Immortal Schattenlied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    7,179
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    I wouldn't know, Alliance haven't fucking seen her since. She only appears for a horde quest.
    Yeah but I feel like the Alliance would find out pretty quick what the Lightbound are like when they started trying to forcefully convert every member of the Alliance that wasn't worshiping the Light. So even if they were friendly towards the Lightbound when they first showed up, that friendly relation would fall apart pretty quick... They'd see them as being no better than the Scarlets.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

  2. #142
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Because she’s a zealot going around wiping out all nonconverted “heathens,” similar to Hitler, in an alternate universe. Meanwhile, Anduin is someone who wants to preserve life and have everyone live peacefully. He is also a priest, so while using the light and trusting in it he, so far, is not a zealot that believes it is the only way and everyone that disagrees with it or him should die.
    You know zealotry isn't a bad thing right? It's actually a very good thing to be, however when it's over the wrong thing it is a terrible thing to be.
    Valewalker Farodin:

    "Magic has long been a vice of the elves. It shaped us, and lifted us out of the darkness - but without balance, it also threatens to unmake us."

  3. #143
    Legendary! Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    6,021
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    Shes currently (at minimum) 28 years older then she was in WoD. Considering anduins not even that old yet shes a fair bit older then him.
    Maybe the boiking does fancy some aggressive cougar every now and then
    Quote Originally Posted by Danuser
    we created a story structure for Sylvanas that, on the surface, echoed many broad strokes of the road Garrosh took (...). These parallels were intentional. But it's within the nuance that we sought to show the story grow and change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    BFA was about as nuanced as a golf club to the testicles/ovaries.

  4. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    You know zealotry isn't a bad thing right? It's actually a very good thing to be, however when it's over the wrong thing it is a terrible thing to be.
    It isn't. Zealotry is always a bad thing, because it minds blindly following a path regardless of consequences. Fanaticism is a synonym for zealotry.

  5. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    It's funny how people, myself including, only pointed out that he is into Wrathion or other women and nobody considered Yrel might not be into men at all!
    Yrel was supposed to be with Maarad but the storyline was cut, wasn't it? I'm ok with her being anything ofc. Though I want her to be into AU Garrosh
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  6. #146
    Scarab Lord Gamevizier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, US
    Posts
    4,672
    I think Yrel ghosted him because our poor zoomer king started the convo with "send hoof pics".

  7. #147
    The Insane Thage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground
    Posts
    18,432
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    Shes much older then him?
    To be fair, this hasn't stopped many characters from getting the footwork in and getting up in them guts where interspecies relations are concerned. Also consider physical aging rates--we have draenei who were from Mac'Aree before the Legion pwned Argus who don't look older than their late 30s. Yrel hasn't aged a day, and it's unlikely she'll show any meaningful aging before she gets a few more zeroes at the end of her age.

    Just look at Turalyon and Alleria--the age gap was something she explicitly brought up in the novelization of Beyond the Dark Portal when he tried to give her a reality check about her self-destructive behavior--or Rhonin and Vereesa, who also have an age gap multiple centuries wide, if the Windrunners are all relatively close in age as the lore seems to suggest they are.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    You know zealotry isn't a bad thing right? It's actually a very good thing to be, however when it's over the wrong thing it is a terrible thing to be.
    Zealotry is by definition extremist thinking permitting one to fall into destructive behavioral patterns. Passion is zealotry without the encroaching madness.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!



  8. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    To be fair, this hasn't stopped many characters from getting the footwork in and getting up in them guts where interspecies relations are concerned. Also consider physical aging rates--we have draenei who were from Mac'Aree before the Legion pwned Argus who don't look older than their late 30s. Yrel hasn't aged a day, and it's unlikely she'll show any meaningful aging before she gets a few more zeroes at the end of her age.
    It's more about mature thingy.

    Anduin might be 18 but he is still a kid.

    Same reason why a 35 year old won't be with someone who is 18.

    There are sick cases, yeah, but generally no.

    Just look at Turalyon and Alleria--the age gap was something she explicitly brought up in the novelization of Beyond the Dark Portal when he tried to give her a reality check about her self-destructive behavior--or Rhonin and Vereesa, who also have an age gap multiple centuries wide, if the Windrunners are all relatively close in age as the lore seems to suggest they are.
    I didn't know the age gap was so big between those couples or even between siblings.


    I thought Troll Wars timeline ain't cacon.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    except she was, she literally was experimenting on prisoners men, women, children, soldier, and civilian,
    to try and make a stronger and stronger plague.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Your not gonna win trying to make this one realize the truth.
    Your have better luck curing Corona with lemon and lime juice

  9. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It isn't. Zealotry is always a bad thing, because it minds blindly following a path regardless of consequences. Fanaticism is a synonym for zealotry.
    I think that's just a defintion that has arisen since the terrorist bombings in New York adn the media sensationalising it. Now all of a sudden fundamentalists and zealots are bad - they are not. THey are highly focused. If what you are focused on is destructive, you will destroy, however if it is not, you're not going to be destructive.

    ANd no, Zealotry is not BLINDLY following a path, you could be fully aware of it and totally agree with it. But yes you could be blind, that only applies when you can't see what the actual truth iis rather than not see what another group of people perceive as truth.

    You can be a zealot for love, or for Buddhism, or for Christ - none of these actually go committing violent destructive acts. THe priest order hall has Zealots as one of its key ranks, in order to progress in belief or pathyou need to be zealous about it, that is what zeal is, just because the same word can be used to describe a crazy and disillusioned cultist doesn't make it a bad word.

    But sure, if you live in western europe or the Americas, it has become a bad word because of the terrorists.
    Valewalker Farodin:

    "Magic has long been a vice of the elves. It shaped us, and lifted us out of the darkness - but without balance, it also threatens to unmake us."

  10. #150
    Bloodsail Admiral Bwonsamdi the Dead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    De Other Side (Just kidding) Vancouver Island, Canada
    Posts
    1,035
    If Anduin can marry, why not Bwonsamdi as well lol

    Ahmanét, my daughter of Bwonsamdi character
    'Oi Rastakhan! I be havin' Friends on De Other Side mon! Ain't dat just crazy?'

  11. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Yeah but I feel like the Alliance would find out pretty quick what the Lightbound are like when they started trying to forcefully convert every member of the Alliance that wasn't worshiping the Light. So even if they were friendly towards the Lightbound when they first showed up, that friendly relation would fall apart pretty quick... They'd see them as being no better than the Scarlets.
    Yeah. but it would be pretty neat to team up with somebody, only for them to slowly turn into the Taliban.

    As seen in Far Cry 4. And Afghanistan...

    I'm getting pretty tired of always being on the good guy side. Where's our badly conceived atrocity?

  12. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I think that's just a defintion that has arisen since the terrorist bombings in New York adn the media sensationalising it. Now all of a sudden fundamentalists and zealots are bad - they are not. THey are highly focused. If what you are focused on is destructive, you will destroy, however if it is not, you're not going to be destructive.
    I suggest you go read some history books. Fundamentalists are always destructive because they consider everything not part of their focus to be bad.

  13. #153
    Isnt she like the scarlet crusade of AU draenor?

  14. #154
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Let's think of the pros here
    https://i.imgur.com/P52BS13.png
    7 feet tall space crusader with an armada of crystal spaceships
    She's hot
    She can reach the light
    Her armour is cool
    She has a cool warhammer
    Love the linked passage... it shows 13 year old lust not love.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

  15. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    She isn't into heretics. Anduin wanted to bang dwarves and dragons, so he's clearly in need of purification.
    Anduin let Void Elves to march into his city. That reason enough to nuke whole Stormwind from orbit if you ask the Lighbound.

  16. #156
    Wranduin is still the best ship btw:



    Yrel needs to gtfo and leave them alone. She can marry Exarch Hellscream.
    One shot, one kill. This is how I preserve my realm.

  17. #157
    Shippers are weird. Wrathion/Anduin is worse than Rey/Kylo.

  18. #158
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Now you made me think what would half-human half-draenei kids look like, if it's even possible

    Or other cross race kids
    Half Orc/Half Draenei is basically just an Orc with glowing eyes.



    Human-Draenei hybrid could have pointy ears (they tend to get those on half-elves) and the same glowing eyes. Maybe some horns or cranial formations.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    Shes currently (at minimum) 28 years older then she was in WoD. Considering anduins not even that old yet shes a fair bit older then him.
    Human lifespan is under 100 years naturally, though can extend to several hundred if augmented magically.

    Draenei lifespan is thousands of years naturally. Velen isn't even the only non-demonized Draenei who has survived since Argus' fell.

    In cases like these we probably shouldn't think about the absolute ages of the individuals, but instead whether both parties are considered adults by their respective species' standard.

  19. #159
    I was going to say some fanatical light worshipping might do the Alliance some good, but knowing Anduin he'd probably convince his new bride of the folly of her ways
    Attention all members of staff, corporate asks that in these trying pandemic times we stay safe and avoid spreading the virus, therefore please remain at your desks at all times, you ARE allowed to contact friends and family using company phones, but you must always maintain productivity. Leaving your desk will result in a written warning, and leaving the office will result in immediate termination.

  20. #160
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post

    You can be a zealot for love, or for Buddhism, or for Christ - none of these actually go committing violent destructive acts.
    For petes sake...never hear of the Crusades? Or the Westboro baptist church?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •