Poll: Power Rangers, VR Troopers, or Big Bad Beetleborgs? Which was best?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Power Rangers, VR Troopers, or Big Bad Beetleborgs? Which was best?

Let us all know. Which show about teenagers and powerful morph-like suits battling the forces of evil in your opinion was the best?

Freakazoid

Last edited by Daedius; 2020-05-16 at 01:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Freakazoid

That show gave me nightmares.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Freakazoid

Well that was a short thread. We call all go home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Power Rangers of course, but not for Mighty Morphin' like most would expect. In Space was the best iteration of Power Rangers in my opinion. I didn't keep up with anything beyond it, but In Space to me until that time, had the best overall story arc. Mighty Morphin' is classic of course, and fondly remembered as such, but too much slapstick and comedy. I much preferred in Space's darker, and more serious approach. That opening scene with the Red Ranger crashing the villains' meeting on the moon, and then the finale with Andros shattering Zordon's containment vessel to decimate all evil in the universe, including Dark Specter not only tells a complete story, it wrapped up years' worth of story-telling from Mighty Morphin', Zeo, and Turbo.

I'm also partial to Flashman, one of the season of Sentai, the show which Power Rangers is based off of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Recently did a rewatch of the "Zordon Era" of Power Rangers. Seriously, that show holds up... Turbo still sucks, obviously, but MMPR and In Space are both excellent.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Recently did a rewatch of the "Zordon Era" of Power Rangers. Seriously, that show holds up... Turbo still sucks, obviously, but MMPR and In Space are both excellent.

Forgot what season of Mighty Morphin' was the Lord Zedd + Thunderzord era but that was definitely my favorite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno about the quality of the series, but VR Troopers had the best theme song for sure.

Power rangers, but only the originals.

Beetleborgs was also great. Never heard of VR Troopers

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Forgot what season of Mighty Morphin' was the Lord Zedd + Thunderzord era but that was definitely my favorite.
    Season 2 I believe,

Season 1 was Rita and I believe the final few episodes were create green ranger, lose green ranger, power rangers get green ranger, green ranger uses up all his power and leaves the group.

Part way through S2 he comes back as the white ranger.

I believe season 2 ends with them being transformed back into children. But I couldn't watch it that far, I prefer to remember them through nostalgia. Re watching them was just a bit to painful because of the repetition
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe that was season 2. Zedd was such a boss. The time he teleported his whole throne into the Rangers' base, just to make an entrance. BOSS move.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

5+ Year Old Account
    The original Voltron.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

Ah, a topic I know way way way too much about. More than any person probably should lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    In Space was the best iteration of Power Rangers in my opinion.
    In Space is definitely one of the best seasons.
    I'm also partial to Flashman, one of the season of Sentai, the show which Power Rangers is based off of.
    I find all the Sentai seasons a lot better. With that said, I haven't had a chance to watch Flashman yet. Seen a ton of others, but not that one.
    Turbo still sucks
    Turbo has a certain charm to it that is definitely hit or miss with a lot of people. Turbo isn't too bad imo, there are seasons far worse like Operation Overdrive and Super Megaforce. Super Megaforce was just poorly handled and it's counterpart Gokaiger is by far superior and does the tributes a lot better. I think Tubo isn't too bad for me because I've seen Carranger and enjoyed it so it makes Turbo look a bit better overall.
    Season 2. Season 1 (Zyuranger) was Rita/Dino, Season 2 (Dairanger) was Zedd + Thunderzords + White Ranger and Season 3 (Kakuranger) was Zedd + Rita and Ninjetti.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    I believe season 2 ends with them being transformed back into children. But I couldn't watch it that far, I prefer to remember them through nostalgia. Re watching them was just a bit to painful because of the repetition
    That was Season 3. Master Vile (Rita's father) comes in and turns back time then they call in the Aquitar Rangers for the Alien Ranger 10 episode saga then swapped to Zeo after getting the crystals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Turbo has a certain charm to it that is definitely hit or miss with a lot of people.
    For me, Turbo has two main problems:

1: It was based on a joke/parody season, but tried to play it seriously. Which just didn't work. IF they'd leaned into the insanity and treated the whole thing like a bit of a joke, it probably would have been fine.

2: Justin...

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember watching Power Rangers: Wild Force every afternoon after school. I'm not sure how that one was received but I thought it was magic. Very under appreciated.

Also, I think it was this series they did the first crossover event from all previous seasons of PR; the "Forever Red" episode where every Red Ranger ever (at the time) showed up.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2020-05-17 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    I find all the Sentai seasons a lot better. With that said, I haven't had a chance to watch Flashman yet. Seen a ton of others, but not that one.
    It's very good. The only other season I saw was Changeman, and it was good, but Flashman just had a very tragic story on a whole other level that led all the way to the final episode. There's nothing more I can say without spoiling it, other than suggest seeing it if it's possible to even get a hold of the DVD's in some way nowadays.

I actually really like VR Troopers, would have loved to have another season to wrap things up.

1: It was based on a joke/parody season, but tried to play it seriously. Which just didn't work. IF they'd leaned into the insanity and treated the whole thing like a bit of a joke, it probably would have been fine.
    Well Carranger wasn't so much of a joke/parody season as it was a "Do what you want" type thing they gave the directors. Though yeah in Turbo there are places were you can tell it was forced to be serious (even if you hadn't seen Carranger). Though many agree the first part of the season with the old crew just felt odd and out of place whereas when the new crew came in it started getting better.
    2: Justin...
    I appreciate what they were trying to do and they were trying to capture the Kou's charm and stuff from when Sentai did the white ranger as a kid in Dairanger (Season 2 / 3 US). However, it felt forced as well and didn't really fit in. They tried to push him into to high school to be with the others instead of letting him act like a kid and letting that influence like they did in Dairanger.

Overall though, definitely agree Justin made the show weaker overall. Even more so since he was the "bridge" that was suppose to join the two teams.
    I remember watching Power Rangers: Wild Force every afternoon after school. I'm not sure how that one was received but I thought it was magic. Very under appreciated.
    Wild Force was a tough one for some. It was during the time Disney bought Power Rangers from Saban. So half the season aired on Fox Kids while the other half was ABC Kids or something like that. Most forgot about it when the channel swapped over among other things.
    Also, I think it was this series they did the first crossover event from all previous seasons of PR; the "Forever Red" episode where every Red Ranger ever (at the time) showed up.
    Prior to that they only had Alien Rangers helping Zeo, then Turbo Blue helping Space Rangers. Then you had Lost Galaxy with Space and then each season after had current with past helping. Though Wild Force, as you said, was the only one to have all the red rangers in "Forever Red". Which was partly because Sentai did something similar (not fully) since it was a monumental year which happened to coincide with PR's as well.

Though Forever Red is another can of worms. It was nice that they did it, but it really needed to be 2-3 episodes. They crammed so much in that there is so many flaws in it.

It's very good. The only other season I saw was Changeman, and it was good, but Flashman just had a very tragic story on a whole other level that led all the way to the final episode. There's nothing more I can say without spoiling it, other than suggest seeing it if it's possible to even get a hold of the DVD's in some way nowadays.
    Yeah I want to get around to see it and CHangeman. Most of the ones I have watched were from Jetman forward. The older ones I've seen here and there, but didn't understand them. Now pretty much every single series is fansubbed minus one or two I think. So I just need to grab them and watch them. It just takes me longer to because I want to sit down and actually watch it since I need to read the subtitles to understand it fully. With PR and other shows I can throw it on in the background and not need to focus much.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I actually really like VR Troopers, would have loved to have another season to wrap things up.
    VR Troopers I felt would've worked better had they not tried to splice so many different Space Sheriff shows together and let them actually work as standalone or something.

Fun fact, they were actually considering Jason David Frank for the role of Ryan and use Brad Hawkins as the White Ranger, but then eventually decided to go with what we ended up. They also considered using Brad Hawkins again as the Gold Ranger in Zeo, but went with Austin St. John instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Power Rangers hands down. I remember not being into turbo too much but in space was pretty solid from a kid's perspective. Everything after that just wasn't as great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Voltron where they ripped off the idea from
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis