1. #1

    Mythic Jaina mount bug?

    So we farm the Mythic Jaina mount each week so our raid team can get it but last week we had a few alts go and an alt got the mount but he already has received it on his main.

    Is this a bug since he already has it on his main or just working as intended?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Bumping. Someones gotta know!

  2. #2
    Working as intented. He can trade the mount, if he said no, that's a lie.
    Dying could endanger your health!

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Luhmina View Post
    Working as intented. He can trade the mount, if he said no, that's a lie.
    weird bugs like that can happen,why would he lie?to sell it to another raid member??why?they are farming it until everyone gets it,its a guild thing

  4. #4
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Davetron View Post
    So we farm the Mythic Jaina mount each week so our raid team can get it but last week we had a few alts go and an alt got the mount but he already has received it on his main.

    Is this a bug since he already has it on his main or just working as intended?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Bumping. Someones gotta know!
    any toon that hasn't looted the mount can get it. however, even if you get the mount and haven't gotten it yet you can trade it. so he should've been able to trade it to someone who didn't have the mount

  5. #5
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cretaceous Period
    Posts
    20,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Luhmina View Post
    Working as intented. He can trade the mount, if he said no, that's a lie.
    Is that working as intended? No other personal loot rare mounts work this way as far as I know. If you already have the mount learned, you're not usually eligible to receive it again. So it would be very weird if the one guaranteed drop went to someone who already had it. I would definitely question whether that was actually working as intended.

    The OP didn't say anything about it being tradeable or the guy saying he couldn't trade it. I don't get the impression that was the point of their question. Sure, you can trade it to someone else, but they shouldn't have received it over someone without it in the first place.

    for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaArleeVenara

    | youtube | twitch | twitter |


  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Is that working as intended? No other personal loot rare mounts work this way as far as I know. If you already have the mount learned, you're not usually eligible to receive it again. So it would be very weird if the one guaranteed drop went to someone who already had it. I would definitely question whether that was actually working as intended.

    The OP didn't say anything about it being tradeable or the guy saying he couldn't trade it. I don't get the impression that was the point of their question. Sure, you can trade it to someone else, but they shouldn't have received it over someone without it in the first place.
    Argus mount.
    Edit Signature.

  7. #7
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cretaceous Period
    Posts
    20,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Inci View Post
    Argus mount.
    Are you saying the Argus mount could also drop for people that already learned it?

    But again, do we know that's actually intended and not just a bug that Blizzard is too lazy to fix? It is pretty odd, not in line with many prior tiers, and doesn't seem to have a lot of benefit to working that way.

    for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaArleeVenara

    | youtube | twitch | twitter |


  8. #8
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Is that working as intended? No other personal loot rare mounts work this way as far as I know. If you already have the mount learned, you're not usually eligible to receive it again. So it would be very weird if the one guaranteed drop went to someone who already had it. I would definitely question whether that was actually working as intended.

    The OP didn't say anything about it being tradeable or the guy saying he couldn't trade it. I don't get the impression that was the point of their question. Sure, you can trade it to someone else, but they shouldn't have received it over someone without it in the first place.
    that's not necessarily true. if you were running mythic Jaina on your main and got the mount then you wouldn't have it drop again. but running it on an alt is different, because it has never dropped for that toon. also I have gotten several mounts multiple times across different toons; Flametalon one from Alysrazor and Experiment 12-B from Ultraxion to name a few.

  9. #9
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cretaceous Period
    Posts
    20,401
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    that's not necessarily true. if you were running mythic Jaina on your main and got the mount then you wouldn't have it drop again. but running it on an alt is different, because it has never dropped for that toon.
    Doesn't it go based off of learned/collections and not loot history? And are you sure that if it does, that that is actually intended?

    It shouldn't matter whether you got on your main or via a trade, if you've learned it, I thought that it's not supposed to drop for you again. I mean, I could be wrong (hence why I asked) but that is my understanding is that is how most of the [personal loot] mounts work. Given that, I would not find it unlikely that any inconsistencies in that arrangement --Argus or Jaina mount -- very well could be a bug rather than intended.

    But again, that's why I asked. Someone said it was working as intended, but I am skeptical if that is actually confirmed to be the case. But that was also the OP's question so I'm not alone in that obviously.
    also I have gotten several mounts multiple times across different toons; Flametalon one from Alysrazor and Experiment 12-B from Ultraxion to name a few.
    Yeah, those were pre-personal loot so all those old ones will work that way, but AFAIK none of the new ones are supposed to?

    for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaArleeVenara

    | youtube | twitch | twitter |


  10. #10
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Doesn't it go based off of learned/collections and not loot history? And are you sure that if it does, that that is actually intended?

    It shouldn't matter whether you got on your main or via a trade, if you've learned it, I thought that it's not supposed to drop for you again. I mean, I could be wrong (hence why I asked) but that is my understanding is that is how most of the [personal loot] mounts work. Given that, I would not find it unlikely that any inconsistencies in that arrangement --Argus or Jaina mount -- very well could be a bug rather than intended.

    But again, that's why I asked. Someone said it was working as intended, but I am skeptical if that is actually confirmed to be the case. But that was also the OP's question so I'm not alone in that obviously.

    Yeah, those were pre-personal loot so all those old ones will work that way, but AFAIK none of the new ones are supposed to?
    maybe? 2 are definitely meant to drop. so either someone didn't loot (given the recent shitshow on Frostmourne OC that could very well be a thing) so it went to their mailbox or it bugged and only 1 dropped. cause you would see it when they looted it in the chat window.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Are you saying the Argus mount could also drop for people that already learned it?

    But again, do we know that's actually intended and not just a bug that Blizzard is too lazy to fix? It is pretty odd, not in line with many prior tiers, and doesn't seem to have a lot of benefit to working that way.
    It is intended how do you think people were selling mounts from mythic

  12. #12
    Only if you didn't learn mount, it can drop to you again. Blizzard invented this system since Antorus.

  13. #13
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cretaceous Period
    Posts
    20,401
    Quote Originally Posted by HCLM View Post
    It is intended how do you think people were selling mounts from mythic
    They bring people in who don't have the mount learned and therefore can loot the mount?

    They are guaranteed drops anyway, I would presume even if everyone did have the mount, then it would override the usual restriction. But I doubt raids sell the mounts to people that have already learned them anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nurmat View Post
    Only if you didn't learn mount, it can drop to you again. Blizzard invented this system since Antorus.
    Yes, but people are saying that isn't happening. People who learned the mount are getting it again before people who haven't. The question is whether this is expected behaviour or if something isn't working right.

    for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaArleeVenara

    | youtube | twitch | twitter |


  14. #14
    Maybe it has something to do with the fact that Jaina drops 2nd mount now

  15. #15
    Question.

    How doable is Mythic Jaina now with 8.3 gear? Is it reasonable to try and PuG it?

    Edit: O, there's a whole discord community for this. People are around ilvl 470-480 and most groups seem to be full.
    Last edited by Ragnarohk; 2020-05-30 at 07:28 PM.

  16. #16
    If you survive intermission with only 2-3 people dead, you'll kill her

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •