Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    But it's quite funny that the ones who mastered the arcane, lived in one of the most prosperous cities the Highborne had ever built, also belonged to the Sunstrider Highborne.
    Ban'dinorel was created. The Elves bested the trolls, ten to one. The Sunwell was created, and as the Highborne of Suramar grew attached to the Nightwell and as the Shen'dralar Highborne drained fel magic, Quel'Thalas blossomed into Elven paradise.

Silvermoon was the truest and most honest reflection on what the Elven Empire should have been.

Also, it's funny how you mention Farondis' Highborne - yet it was a member of his Court who reported him to Azshara and got his people killed. I wouldn't be so quick to say that every Highborne outside of Zin-Azshari was against the Legion. Hell, even after the war, Verinias was willing to leave with Dath'Remar Sunstrider as the Shen'dralar had gone too far in their experiments.

Humans don't need a reason to hate; it's in their very DNA.

Quote Originally Posted by ErrandRunner View Post
    Humans don't need a reason to hate; it's in their very DNA.
    It's a bit like night elves.
    Strongly oppose Blood Elves, still lurk in Quel'Thalas, spying on them - but they are fine working with Void Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    It's a bit like night elves.
    Strongly oppose Blood Elves, still lurk in Quel'Thalas, spying on them - but they are fine working with Void Elves.
    Why wouldn't they be? The void elves have done nothing but help the Alliance.

Because last time I checked, wielding the arcane, under a protective barrier like Ban'dinoriel is nowhere near as dangerous as the Void.

Night Elves need to leave Quel'Thalas and start doing their day job and focusing on their own lands.

Because last time I checked, wielding the arcane, under a protective barrier like Ban'dinoriel is nowhere near as dangerous as the Void.

Night Elves need to leave Quel'Thalas and start doing their day job and focusing on their own lands.
    Clearly that's not the case, as void elves were seen chatting with the night elves in Darnassus before the War of Thorns.

As I said, there's no reason for night elves to worry about void elves.

Chronicles 3 paints a very different picture, with their knowledge on the fates of Lordaeron and Quel'Thalas.
    maybe the Titans thought that they knew

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Clearly that's not the case, as void elves were seen chatting with the night elves in Darnassus before the War of Thorns.

As I said, there's no reason for night elves to worry about void elves.
    Void Elf NPCs in Darnassus? I'm curious
    Lightbound Orcs > High Elves https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ace-suggestion

Blizzard should realize that Alteraci Humans will fulfill the Young Adult Dystopia Anarchy fantasy for Warcraft

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    This has perplexed me a little, were the blood elves trying to get to Outland or rebuild their home? Cos the only reason they pursue the horde for an alliance (not friendship it must be stated), is to ensure they get safe passage to Outland. … so why are they rebuilding their home?

I think at that point in time, they weren't thinking about rebuilding their home either that or it was Kael'thas their leader trying to get them all to outland, while some of the populace wanted to restore their home.
    I think their society was split. However, it is not a stupid idea to make a comfortable outpost before finding out a way to reach Kael'thas.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    maybe the Titans thought that they knew

- - - Updated - - -

Void Elf NPCs in Darnassus? I'm curious

This is just one of the many void elves who could be seen roaming the city and chatting with the night elves before the Burning of Teldrassil.

They don't even have to hide their presence, as this void elf was walking on the steps of the sacred temple of Elune, just in front of the entrance.

This is just one of the many void elves who could be seen roaming the city and chatting with the night elves before the Burning of Teldrassil.

They don't even have to hide their presence, as this void elf was walking on the steps of the sacred temple of Elune, just in front of the entrance.
    That's cool! Maybe Tyrande/Malfurion has lessener their grip on the Alliance Thalassians.
    Lightbound Orcs > High Elves https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ace-suggestion

Blizzard should realize that Alteraci Humans will fulfill the Young Adult Dystopia Anarchy fantasy for Warcraft

But they still spy on Quel'Thalas for no reason.
    It was a joint effort from the Sin'dorei and Draenei, that ended the Legion on Argus.

They should leave the homelands of those who also played a part in the Argus campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    That's cool! Maybe Tyrande/Malfurion has lessener their grip on the Alliance Thalassians.
    Shandris also established a very friendly relationship with Magister Umbric. Furthermore, void elf and night elf forces were fighting side by side in Nazmir during the suicide mission. I'd say the relationship between these two races is very good.

It will be interesting to see how Alleria or Umbric could come into play in Tyrande's Night Warrior storyline. The Night Warrior wields the dark side of Elune, perhaps their knowledge of the Void could help Tyrande keep the power under control. They face a very similar struggle, they both wield a dark power that could rip them apart from the inside, so they can relate and understand each other.

It was a joint effort from the Sin'dorei and Draenei, that ended the Legion on Argus.

They should leave the homelands of those who also played a part in the Argus campaign.
    Liadrin was the only blood elf who took part in the campaign on Argus.

And they already left their homeland years ago? I don't remember the night elves sending a new scouting force into Quel'thalas after the events of TBC.

In the Loyalist cinematic, Sylvanas looks out, over Shalandis Isle and Night Elf boats and the camp are still there.

And it wasn't just Liadrin - Aethas was also present. It was still 2 more than any Night Elf...despite the Legion being their supposed ancient enemy of old.

That was TBC content and I'm sure they were already obliterated before the Blood Elves canonically joined the Horde

- - - Updated - - -

In the Loyalist cinematic, Sylvanas looks out, over Shalandis Isle and Night Elf boats and the camp are still there.
    It's pretty much bleak and defunct though

And it wasn't just Liadrin - Aethas was also present. It was still 2 more than any Night Elf...despite the Legion being their supposed ancient enemy of old.
    Why update the zone by removing an entire subregion you dont even go to just for a single quest, which is not even required (since it's the Loyalist path)? Shalandis base served no purpose to the quest and thus was not updated.

Aethas is present, the Sunreavers are not. He is followed only by a few guards when he ferries you to Exodar to rendezvous with Velen. Even in the official artwork there isn't any presence of a Thalassian force. There are adventurers from every race banding together under the forces of the Army of the Light. That includes night elves too, so much so that there is one in the official artwork of the patch.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-05-23 at 03:16 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral Narwhalosh Whalescream's Avatar
    Why update the zone by removing an entire subregion you dont even go to just for a single quest, which is not even required (since it's the Loyalist path)? Shalandis base served no purpose to the quest and thus was not updated.

Aethas is present, the Sunreavers are not. He is followed only by a few guards when he ferries you to Exodar to rendezvous with Velen. Even in the official artwork there isn't any presence of a Thalassian force. There are adventurers from every race banding together under the forces of the Army of the Light. That includes night elves too, so much so that there is one in the official artwork of the patch.
    Aethas is what Miklos Horthy is to the Kingdom of Hungary. Also, elves are
    What good have the elves done for the world?

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Aethas is what Miklos Horthy is to the Kingdom of Hungary. Also, elves are -snip-
    What good have the elves done for the world?
    The elves give me something pretty to stare at. Which is what you failed to do with that meme. Shame on you.

Bloodsail Admiral Narwhalosh Whalescream's Avatar
    The elves give me something pretty to stare at. Which is what you failed to do with that meme. Shame on you.
    You can stare at elves on certain websites all you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    You can stare at elves on certain websites all you want.
    Huh no thank you, I think I'll pass.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Then they should forgive the Night elves right? I mean, the high elves insisted on continuing magic, but unlike the Shend'ralar and Suramar night elves, they actually taught it to humans, and it is humans recless use of magic that started attracting demons afterall, eventually leading to how Sargeras could subvert Aegwyn a nd her unborn child, that eventually leads to the orcs and the invasion of the legion.

One could argue that if they had upheld the ban, which was in place for the sole purpose of preventing the legion from returning (and not some fan made headcanon of hating the arcane), then this wouldn't have happened. The high elves really have the fault lying with them. Without them, humans would be none the wiser to true magic.

But knowing them, they'd probably blame the night elves for not wiping them out, like the penalty of breaking the ban demanded.
    With that same level of logic, almost anything good that has resulted from a human using magic, is all thanks to the High Elves aswell. All of Khadgar's achievements are now that of the High Elves.

The actions of individuals is what i brought up, not the reckless use of humans using magic in the first place. And despite that these people who have no knowledge of how the universe works, think that never using magic again means the Legion wouldn't find them, they are actually wrong. There are numerous arcane using races around the world and there was still allies of the demons still on Azeroth.

The actions of a very selfish human guardian who decided to pass on her powers to a child, instead of giving them back to Dalaran, which then led to Sargeras who possessed the child(how she didn't know a Demon Titan soul was in her...) who then began prepping for another demon invasion, but then got side tracked by KJ's dumb plan and opened a portal for the Orcs to come to the world and rampage and kill a bunch of Elves.
    Then you have Arthas, who isn't actually guilty of any of his actions, but everyone in the world of Azeroth believes that a human prince turned evil and joined the Scourge and he then slaughtered 90% of the Blood Elves... while the mages of Dalaran did nothing but wait. Even the human Alliance consider Arthas evil and of his own free will, so the Elves are justified in doing so aswell.
    Then Garrithos, who somehow in the Alliance, outranked the Prince of the High Elves, even in Dalaran which he was a member of the council of six and sent him and his people who were trying their best to aid the humans(despite their own people back home needing them) on suicide missions and then sentenced them all to die, which not a single human opposed this.(good thing this never effected Rhonin, who's wife was a high elf, who would have been executed)

So yeah, in recent history their relationship with humans has been nothing but suffering on their end. Trying to defend it by saying the Elves taught humans magic 1000s of years ago, justifies the problems they're facing now is quite the stretch. Do you get in a car accident, kill someone and blame the person who taught your great grandfather how to drive, for you incompetence? no