Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    that's the Dakkari -.- ?
    no, i mean it doesnt necessarily mean it's just them. There was other races there, Taunka, Tuskkar, humans(i think, never did the quests by Naxxramas or that forest with the tree) Vrykul, and im sure a couple others, and the trolls, but Drakkari were all north of where Arthas would have been, and he got these mercenaries over where the ships were, which could have been howling Fjord iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    I think most “normal” human characters/citizens of SW, Gilneas, Kul Tiras, etc wouldn’t have the full context that players do.
    And with that in mind, from their limited perspective : blood elves fought with “us” against the Horde, now they kill “us” alongside the Horde.
    I think it is pretty easy to see why that would come across poorly to an average Joe.
    This post should have been the end of this thread. It's a perfect explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    @Melusine good response earlier, I enjoyed the read. Do you think blizzard sufficiently portrayed the complexity such a shift to joining the horde would actually mean?
    I'm not sure what you mean. If you're asking me if there is any situation where the Blood Elves should want to join the Horde as a confederation of races, I would then ask Lor'themar Theron to look at the Horde's track record for adhering to peace treaties. It was never part of High Elven culture to attack unprovoked, or follow orders blindly. They are a suspicious race, to say the least, and should have given no quarter to the Forsaken. It is possible that some of the denizens of Lordaeron were part of the assault on the Sunwell. High elves were not known for being a forgiving race. The only thing I can suspect is that once the high elves lost the Sunwell, they became dumber and more gullible. That's really the only explanation I have for how they ended up where they are now.
    "The fatal flaw of every plan, no matter how well planned, is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Chronicles 3 paints a very different picture, with their knowledge on the fates of Lordaeron and Quel'Thalas.
    Well, the games themselves paint the opposing picture, and since a picture is worth a thousand words, a video game is worth a library of irrefutable sources. This is one of those times where two things cannot be true at the same time since one contradicts the other entirely. So, I suggest whoever was the writer of Chronicles 3 fucked up and did it wrong. Maybe they need to spend a little time seeing where things are before the pen hits the paper...
    "The fatal flaw of every plan, no matter how well planned, is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."