Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Also, what were night elves doing? Doing nothing, sleeping in dens, hiding in trees...being fully aware of what was happening in Lordaeron, during Arthas' madness and doing absolutely nothing to help.
    I'm sure they never saw humans before and they don't even know what happens there.
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

No.

In Chronicles 3, it tells us Malfurion and Tyrande were fully aware of of Lordaeron and Quel'Thalas' fall, but did nothing, prior to Archimonde being summoned.

3+ Year Old Account
    No.

In Chronicles 3, it tells us Malfurion and Tyrande were fully aware of of Lordaeron and Quel'Thalas' fall, but did nothing, prior to Archimonde being summoned.
    In Warcraft 3, Malfurion and Tyrande didn't know humans existed and they weren't even aware that Archimonde was being summoned.
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Chronicles 3 paints a very different picture, with their knowledge on the fates of Lordaeron and Quel'Thalas.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    When was this btw
    This is when the Council of Tirisfal was set up.

I am being colourful ofc in my retelling of what happened. but the pure horde fanatic crowd do this all the time when it comes to night elves, the alliance or even high elves in defense of their precious blood elves, I was feeling a bit mischievous.

When the Dalaran mages couldn't control the demonic incursions human student practiioners going beyond the limitations of their teachers in their excitement and curiosity with magic actually caused, they contacted their elven teachers. The high elves, along with the magocracy leadership amongst the humans founded the Council of Tirisfal, it is here the High elves shared some of the history of the Legion for those select few, and here begun the secret mage's order covert fight. They kept it secret from the wider human population (all the elves ofc knew), to avoid panic and the people losing trust in both magic and the high pedestals they'd put the mages on .

so theydealt with the demons that way eventually restoring order. It is this I was referring to.

Maybe we call out night elves so much because they have caused some of the biggest problems around Azeroth.
    Blood Elves have put so much right that their night elf predecessors did wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    This is when the Council of Tirisfal was set up.

I am being colourful ofc in my retelling of what happened. but the pure horde fanatic crowd do this all the time when it comes to night elves, the alliance or even high elves in defense of their precious blood elves, I was feeling a bit mischievous.

When the Dalaran mages couldn't control the demonic incursions human student practiioners going beyond the limitations of their teachers in their excitement and curiosity with magic actually caused, they contacted their elven teachers. The high elves, along with the magocracy leadership amongst the humans founded the Council of Tirisfal, it is here the High elves shared some of the history of the Legion for those select few, and here begun the secret mage's order covert fight. They kept it secret from the wider human population (all the elves ofc knew), to avoid panic and the people losing trust in both magic and the high pedestals they'd put the mages on .

so theydealt with the demons that way eventually restoring order. It is this I was referring to.
    Didnt seem all that "colorful". Was fairly accurate and blunt. But yeah, it does happen a lot with the pure horde fans and the general alliance fans alike.

Maybe we call out night elves so much because they have caused some of the biggest problems around Azeroth.
    @Mardux - see what I mean?

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Then they should forgive the Night elves right? I mean, the high elves insisted on continuing magic, but unlike the Shend'ralar and Suramar night elves, they actually taught it to humans, and it is humans recless use of magic that started attracting demons afterall, eventually leading to how Sargeras could subvert Aegwyn a nd her unborn child, that eventually leads to the orcs and the invasion of the legion.

One could argue that if they had upheld the ban, which was in place for the sole purpose of preventing the legion from returning (and not some fan made headcanon of hating the arcane), then this wouldn't have happened. The high elves really have the fault lying with them. Without them, humans would be none the wiser to true magic.

But knowing them, they'd probably blame the night elves for not wiping them out, like the penalty of breaking the ban demanded.
    Silly Ravenmoon, the fundamental principle of the Horde is blaming others for everything and never accepting responsibility. The Blood Elves BELONG in the Horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe that's pure faction based nonsense, because the night elves that caused "some of the biggest problems around Azeroth" are the Highborne ancestors of the Blood Elves. The current Night Elves have nothing to do with the Highborne arrogance then or the Blood Elf arrogance now. Anything else is headcanon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

I don't think the humans would've ever really liked the High Elves, now Blood Elves.
    They were always very isolationist. They only brought the humans in to kill the Trolls and then basically told them to bugger off.
    They only sent token support to the Alliance in the Second War until the Forest Trolls allied with the Horde.
    They didn't really do much of anything in the Third War until they got their shit kicked in by Arthas. They weren't even paying enough attention to notice the city on their borders being razed by him.
    The High Elves that joined the humans in WC3 were, as I understand, volunteers or citizens of Dalaran, and broadly the exception to the rule.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post

Maybe that's pure faction based nonsense, because the night elves that caused "some of the biggest problems around Azeroth" are the Highborne ancestors of the Blood Elves. The current Night Elves have nothing to do with the Highborne arrogance then or the Blood Elf arrogance now. Anything else is headcanon.
    To be fair the night elves were as arrogant as the highborne with druidism and caused similar problems and awakened some of the most ancient and devastating powers on the planet. They really don't have a pedestal to stand upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    To be fair the night elves were as arrogant as the highborne with druidism and caused similar problems and awakened some of the most ancient and devastating powers on the planet. They really don't have a pedestal to stand upon.
    I'm only talking about the dodge where BElves (more BElf fans, really) try to push the blame for summoning the Legion off themselves.

I'm guessing you mean the Qiraji?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Funny thing is though - only a small portion of the Sunfury joined the Legion and when they did, they didn't sunder the surrounding landmass, due to foolish choice making.
    They were all killed.

- - - Updated - - -

Silly Ravenmoon, the fundamental principle of the Horde is blaming others for everything and never accepting responsibility. The Blood Elves BELONG in the Horde.

- - - Updated - - -

The arrogance of the Blood Elves doesn't exist, on the scale that it did during the Highborne Empire, with Azshara as Queen. The only character who holds a small depth of arrogance is Rommath.

Lor'themar, Liadrin and Hauldoran are fair and well rounded leaders - all four have always done what is right for Azeroth and their lands.
    Liadrin and Hauldoran joined neutral orders, so they could defend Azeroth from the Legion.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2020-05-23 at 07:52 AM.

I am always sniggering when Blood elf fans blame night elves for the war of the ancients - when of all the Night elves around, Highborne and otherwise, the blood elves descend directly from the only elven survivors of the very individuals that were creating the portals that the demons streamed through and destroyed every night elf city save for the capital (incl Suramar that had a lot of it destroyed by the demons, the one we quest in is the portion of the city that survived).

Yep, the Farondis Highborne rebelled against the queen, the Shen'dralar who spearhead the re-instated Highborne caste amongst the Darnassians were not involved in the palace shenanigans, indeed the Queen had the demons go to their city to wipe them out, they fought back alongside Goldrinn, and survived.

The Suramar highborne also rebelled against the Queen, those that joined the Darnassians fought, those that stayed behind after closing the 2nd portal, sealed the remainder of the city.

The only elven survivors of the actual group of people that were directly responsible for portalling the demons in, are the very Sunstrider Highborne from which the Blood elves descended, yep, the only group of palace Highborne that remained elves - and eventually got kicked out 3,000 years later.

But it is exactly as you said
    the fundamental principle of the Horde is blaming others for everything and never accepting responsibility. The Blood Elves BELONG in the Horde.
    And as if to prove your point, we get this reply from this fellow

The arrogance of the Blood Elves doesn't exist, on the scale that it did during the Highborne Empire, with Azshara as Queen. The only character who holds a small depth of arrogance is Rommath.

Lor'themar, Liadrin and Hauldoran are fair and well rounded leaders - all four have always done what is right for Azeroth and their lands.
    Liadrin and Hauldoran joined neutral orders, so they could defend Azeroth from the Legion.
    Haha, my Tanaria, notice we never said Night elves aren't arrogant, nor did we say the race holds no culpability in what happened. It is rich that any blood elf fan would point fingers at the remaining night elves for the WotA knowing full well they themselves are the only surviving descendants of the elven individuals that sided with the Legion in the War of the Ancients, bringing them to the world and kickstaring the destruction of all the Kaldorei empire.

Of all the horde races, that is the only one that shouldn't be making THAT accusation.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2020-05-23 at 10:45 AM.

But it's quite funny that the ones who mastered the arcane, lived in one of the most prosperous cities the Highborne had ever built, also belonged to the Sunstrider Highborne.
    Ban'dinorel was created. The Elves bested the trolls, ten to one. The Sunwell was created, and as the Highborne of Suramar grew attached to the Nightwell and as the Shen'dralar Highborne drained fel magic, Quel'Thalas blossomed into Elven paradise.

Silvermoon was the truest and most honest reflection on what the Elven Empire should have been.

Also, it's funny how you mention Farondis' Highborne - yet it was a member of his Court who reported him to Azshara and got his people killed. I wouldn't be so quick to say that every Highborne outside of Zin-Azshari was against the Legion. Hell, even after the war, Verinias was willing to leave with Dath'Remar Sunstrider as the Shen'dralar had gone too far in their experiments.

Humans don't need a reason to hate; it's in their very DNA.

Quote Originally Posted by ErrandRunner View Post
    Humans don't need a reason to hate; it's in their very DNA.
    It's a bit like night elves.
    Strongly oppose Blood Elves, still lurk in Quel'Thalas, spying on them - but they are fine working with Void Elves.

It's a bit like night elves.
    Strongly oppose Blood Elves, still lurk in Quel'Thalas, spying on them - but they are fine working with Void Elves.
    Why wouldn't they be? The void elves have done nothing but help the Alliance.

Because last time I checked, wielding the arcane, under a protective barrier like Ban'dinoriel is nowhere near as dangerous as the Void.

Night Elves need to leave Quel'Thalas and start doing their day job and focusing on their own lands.

Because last time I checked, wielding the arcane, under a protective barrier like Ban'dinoriel is nowhere near as dangerous as the Void.

Night Elves need to leave Quel'Thalas and start doing their day job and focusing on their own lands.
    Clearly that's not the case, as void elves were seen chatting with the night elves in Darnassus before the War of Thorns.

As I said, there's no reason for night elves to worry about void elves.