Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ...
10
18
19
20
  1. #381
    The Insane Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    15,869
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Please show me anywhere in Warcraft lore that a Pandaren Martial Arts is called “Kung fu”.


    Which is basically none: comes from Pandaria, and likes beer. That's all that it says. It says nothing about "oriental style martial arts" or even mentions the word "monk".
    Because Pandarens don’t do “oriental” martial arts. The do Pandaren Martial arts. Again, show me anywhere in Warcraft where the Pandaren are referred to as “oriental”.


    Which could mean anything, even just a "simple drunk" who becomes too unpredictable in his movements when fighting due to being drunk. "Peerless" does not necessarily mean "unique fighting style". It can also mean great skill. Turalyon is a "peerless paladin". Velen is a "peerless priest". Thrall was a "peerless shaman".
    If someone is purposely using alcohol to enhance their fighting ability, they’re not “simple drunks”. They’re martial artists who are using alcohol to enhance their fighting ability.


    And yet you've failed to show a single shred of evidence of that. Not a single forum thread pre-MoP in which the most requested race was the pandaren. Or even being "one of" the most requested. I've been on this site and playing WoW for over ten years, and I've never seen the pandaren even come up once in race request threads and polls.
    During an interview with Game Front, Lead Quest Designer Dave Kosak, who also was on the panel with Metzen, echoed the sentiments that Mists of Pandaria may seem more light-hearted, but it's just as important to the overall WoW experience as the previous expansion sets. Kosak also said that a playable pandaren race is “by far” the most asked-for World of Warcraft feature among fans.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/History_of...en_in_Warcraft

    No. It means "fighting style". The warrior class, for example, has three fighting styles: sword-and-board, single weapon, and dual-wielding.
    We’re not talking about WoW, we’re talking about WC3. And yes, fighting style is synonymous with martial art. You claimed that the Brewmaster wasn’t using a martial art at all.


    It's not irrelevant, because, by nature of being non-canon, it means the developers of those games did not have to adhere to the Warcraft lore. A big example of that is how we have "Ragnaros, Lightlord" in Hearthstone.
    It is irrelevant because they HAVE used that material for WoW lore. Baron Razdunk for example only existed in the RPG books, yet he made his first appearance in WoW during BFA. Heroes of the Storm is not canon, but Blizzard pulls concepts and abilities from it constantly.

    Btw, you can add this to the material from Blizzard pushing Chen Stormstout before MoP;



    That action figure is from 2009.

    Anything like that for Bards?


    Once again, dishonesty at best, since I never said that.
    You’re implying it. You’re also purposely steering this conversation away from Bards because you know they have zero lore to base anything concrete on.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2020-05-28 at 04:10 PM.

  2. #382
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Please show me anywhere in Warcraft lore that a Pandaren Martial Arts is called “Kung fu”.
    Adding fantastical, fantasy powers does not make the inspiration for said fighting style to be any less inspired in the chinese fighting styles and folklore.

    Because Pandarens don’t do “oriental” martial arts. The do Pandaren Martial arts.
    Read above. The whole "pandaren martial arts" is obviously heavily influenced by the oriental martial arts.

    If someone is purposely using alcohol to enhance their fighting ability, they’re not “simple drunks”. They’re martial artists who are using alcohol to enhance their fighting ability.
    No, not necessarily. And it really doesn't necessarily mean "martial arts".

    Again: I have never seen any single thread or post, in this fan forum or in the official ones, of people ever asking for pandaren as a playable race. Ever. The question for playable pandaren also never came up in any developer interview, whatsoever.

    We’re not talking about WoW, we’re talking about WC3.
    Both are "warcraft". But if that's the way you want to, all that the "pandaren fighting style" boils down to is to slam people on the head with a keg. Nothing more, nothing less.

    And yes, fighting style is synonymous with martial art.
    No. It's not. No more than "method of transportaion" is a synonym for "car".

    You claimed that the Brewmaster wasn’t using a martial art at all.
    The Warcraft 3 Pandaren Brewmaster neutral hero unit is not using martial arts at all.

    It is irrelevant because they HAVE used that material for WoW lore. Baron Razdunk for example only existed in the RPG books, yet he made his first appearance in WoW during BFA. Heroes of the Storm is not canon, but Blizzard pulls concepts and abilities from it constantly.
    It's still non-canon. Everything in the TCG and other RPG books are non-canon until they are officially made canon by implementing them into the actual game and lore.

    Btw, you can add this to the material from Blizzard pushing Chen Stormstout before MoP;

    https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/BNkAA...wsu/s-l640.jpg

    That action figure is from 2009.

    Anything like that for Bards?
    "You’ve probably run into his empty keg in your travels through the Barrens — now you can own a collectible action figure of Azeroth’s most renowned pandaren wanderer. Capturing the spirit (and spirits) of Chen Stormstout, the Pandaren Brewmaster Deluxe Action Figure is a limited-edition, premium-sculpted piece that stands at a colossal 8 inches and features Chen’s signature bamboo bo staff and brewmaster’s keg. The Pandaren Brewmaster Action Figure is available in limited quantities and can be ordered exclusively through the online Blizzard Store. Head over there today to order one for the budding Brewmaster in your life."

    Notice a complete lack of mention of anything "oriental style martial arts" and the complete absence of the word "monk".

    You’re implying it.
    No, I'm not, because I never, ever, talking about who could be the bad guy in an expansion that introduces bards. This is just your twisted, dishonest pseudo-logic.

    You’re also purposely steering this conversation away from Bards because you know they have zero lore to base anything concrete on.
    I'm steering the conversation away from bards... by talking about bards and showing precedence for their existence in the lore and possible implementation as a playable class. What.

    The fact of the matter is: oriental-style monks (i.e. pandaren monks) did not exist, whatsoever, in the lore until Mists of Pandaria came along and they were officially retconed into the lore. Chen was not a monk until MoP came along and "upgraded" him to monk status (i.e. retconed his "class"). This is something similar to the current Bard situation, only with bards (as per their RPG trope concept) already exists in the lore, so that's one thing that bards have over the monk class.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    Update 08/17: I changed how the Bone spec's golem mechanic works, as well as some other minor changes.
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!
    Update 09/02: Apparently the mods decided to merge my class concept thread with an existing one.

  3. #383
    The Insane Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    15,869
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Adding fantastical, fantasy powers does not make the inspiration for said fighting style to be any less inspired in the chinese fighting styles and folklore.
    So you don't think a Panda man with the name "Chen" also isn't inspired by China and Chinese culture, since Pandas are only found in China?

    Read above. The whole "pandaren martial arts" is obviously heavily influenced by the oriental martial arts.
    Which would also mean that Chen and the Brewmaster is also inspired by Chinese martial arts.

    No, not necessarily. And it really doesn't necessarily mean "martial arts".
    Please find a context where "fighting style" is used and it isn't associated with Martial Arts.


    Again: I have never seen any single thread or post, in this fan forum or in the official ones, of people ever asking for pandaren as a playable race. Ever. The question for playable pandaren also never came up in any developer interview, whatsoever.
    So do you feel that Dave Kosak is lying about playable Pandarens being the most asked for feature in WoW?


    Both are "warcraft". But if that's the way you want to, all that the "pandaren fighting style" boils down to is to slam people on the head with a keg. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Yeah, but your argument is that martial arts were never mentioned in association with the Brewmaster before MoP. WC3 lore clearly states otherwise.


    No. It's not. No more than "method of transportaion" is a synonym for "car".
    False. You can interchange "fighting style" with "martial art" in any context and it makes perfect sense; Ex. Boxing is my fighting style/martial art. Karate is a fighting style/martial art from Japan.


    The Warcraft 3 Pandaren Brewmaster neutral hero unit is not using martial arts at all.
    WC3 disagrees. They call them a peerless warrior with a unique fighting style/martial art.

    Case closed.


    It's still non-canon. Everything in the TCG and other RPG books are non-canon until they are officially made canon by implementing them into the actual game and lore.
    Which is irrelevant to the fact that Blizzard put a lot of lore into the Brewmasters and Pandaria from those sources which was eventually used in MoP and became canon.



    Notice a complete lack of mention of anything "oriental style martial arts" and the complete absence of the word "monk".
    Which wasn't the point of me using that example. The point was to show how popular of a character Chen Stormstout was BEFORE MoP. Again, I'd love to see a Bard character with that level of popularity.

    No, I'm not, because I never, ever, talking about who could be the bad guy in an expansion that introduces bards. This is just your twisted, dishonest pseudo-logic.


    I'm steering the conversation away from bards... by talking about bards and showing precedence for their existence in the lore and possible implementation as a playable class. What.

    The fact of the matter is: oriental-style monks (i.e. pandaren monks) did not exist, whatsoever, in the lore until Mists of Pandaria came along and they were officially retconed into the lore. Chen was not a monk until MoP came along and "upgraded" him to monk status (i.e. retconed his "class"). This is something similar to the current Bard situation, only with bards (as per their RPG trope concept) already exists in the lore, so that's one thing that bards have over the monk class.
    The Monk situation is nowhere close to the Bard situation. There were multiple monk characters in WoW with abilities (and they were actually called Monks), we had a Pandarens Monk companion who tied the concept of Monks and Pandaren together (sent by Chen Stormstout himself) in WotLK, we had a WC3 hero heavily based on Chinese martial arts whose concept was reinforced through WC RPGs and the TCG card game, we had Pandaren being the most requested feature in WoW, and we had a major lore figure in Chen Stormstout and Pandaria who could tie the entire thing together.

    Again, NOTHING like that exists for Bards.

  4. #384
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    So you don't think a Panda man with the name "Chen" also isn't inspired by China and Chinese culture, since Pandas are only found in China?
    "Culture", and, by proxy, "folklore", are not "martial arts".

    Which would also mean that Chen and the Brewmaster is also inspired by Chinese martial arts.
    Inspired by Chinese pop culture, maybe. Martial arts? Nope. Zero "martial arts" on that WC3 unit. Me grabbing a keg and smacking someone on the head with it does not make me a martial artist.

    Please find a context where "fighting style" is used and it isn't associated with Martial Arts.
    A bar patron who likes to use a broken bottle as a weapon has a "fighting style", for example. And, again, when we say "martial arts"

    So do you feel that Dave Kosak is lying about playable Pandarens being the most asked for feature in WoW?
    He could very well have been, in an attempt to hype them.

    Yeah, but your argument is that martial arts were never mentioned in association with the Brewmaster before MoP. WC3 lore clearly states otherwise.
    Warcraft 3 lore says absolutely zilch about pandaren martial arts. Even the April Fools mock-up said nothing about any sort of martial arts used for the monk class.

    False. You can interchange "fighting style" with "martial art" in any context and it makes perfect sense; Ex. Boxing is my fighting style/martial art. Karate is a fighting style/martial art from Japan.
    Except we're talking about "oriental style martial arts", here. More specifically, the "martial arts" people think about when they hear the name. The kind of stuff you see Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan do.

    WC3 disagrees. They call them a peerless warrior with a unique fighting style/martial art.

    Case closed.
    You not understanding what words mean doesn't mean you "win", Teriz. "peerless" does not mean 'unique fighting style'. The WC3 description never mentions "unique fighting style".

    Which is irrelevant to the fact that Blizzard put a lot of lore into the Brewmasters and Pandaria from those sources which was eventually used in MoP and became canon.
    It's not irrelevant because those books and games are officially non-canon. And everything written in them is non-canon, until Blizzard decides to make them canon. And I know how much you want to disregard the non-canonicity of those books and games, because 'tinker' is a playable class in them.

    Which wasn't the point of me using that example. The point was to show how popular of a character Chen Stormstout was BEFORE MoP. Again, I'd love to see a Bard character with that level of popularity.
    It doesn't show popularity. Again, you've failed to provide any thread or poll from players actually requesting or even talking about pandaren as a playable race.

    The Monk situation is nowhere close to the Bard situation. There were multiple monk characters in WoW with abilities (and they were actually called Monks) (1), we had a Pandarens Monk companion who tied the concept of Monks and Pandaren together (sent by Chen Stormstout himself) in WotLK (2), we had a WC3 hero heavily based on Chinese martial arts (3) whose concept was reinforced through WC RPGs and the TCG card game (4), we had Pandaren being the most requested feature in WoW (5), and we had a major lore figure in Chen Stormstout(6) and Pandaria (7) who could tie the entire thing together.
    1) None of them even come close to the 'oriental martial arts' style of the playable monk class and lore.
    2) Which is non-canon, unless you want to argue that "cock-fights" and slavery are commonplace in WoW that nobody bats an eye to a human making a pandaren cub (due to its size) to fight for his amusement.
    3) He was not "heavily based on martial arts", at all. There was zero martial arts on the character. No attack animations, no idle animations, not even a single voice line.
    4) Which are all officially non-canon, which allows those games' developers to do what they want with the concepts without having to adhere to strict lore.
    5) Which you've so far failed to show any request for pandarens...
    6) Minor. Extremely minor. He was a side-character in the WC3 campaign, and was never mentioned in World of Warcraft save for a single three-quest chain which you could only acquire by finding his empty keg that spawned anywhere around the Barrens and did not look out of place in the map whatsoever, and did not glow, did not show a golden exclamation point over it, and did not show on the mini-map.
    7) "Pandaria" is not martial arts.

    Again, NOTHING like that exists for Bards.
    Russell Brower and Hearthsinger Forresten are two NPCs currently in the game with offensive and defensive abilities. And the Lorewalkers and Tortollans are very bard-like groups. Tortollans also have seen being able to cast magic.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    Update 08/17: I changed how the Bone spec's golem mechanic works, as well as some other minor changes.
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!
    Update 09/02: Apparently the mods decided to merge my class concept thread with an existing one.

  5. #385
    The Insane Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    15,869
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    /snip
    So to summarize this discussion;

    Dave Kosack is lying because his official statement contradicts your personal beliefs.

    Pandaren, Pandaria, and Chen aren't based on China, or Chinese culture because it contradicts your arguments.

    Russell Browar and Hearthsinger Forrensten are as popular as Chen Stormstout prior to MoP because of your personal opinion.

    Did I miss anything?

  6. #386
    TLR of this post


    Named Bards in Warcraft Lore

    Russell Brower
    Hearthsinger Forresten
    Grenja
    Russel the Bard
    Jay the Tavern Bard

    Not a bard specifically but has "bard like" abilities

    Sirens


    Bard/Bard like Abilities

    Enchanting Lullaby - Hearthsinger Forresten
    Wedding Hymn - Russell Brower

    Siren Abilities:

    Shattering Song
    Wailing Torrent
    Soothing Melody
    Rupturing Note
    Siren's Song
    Screech
    Wailing Torrent
    Shattering Scream


    Bards do exist in lore and there is ample evidence of bard like magic and effects also existing in Warcraft lore.

  7. #387
    Wish they can make bard an optional profession to fill in the hole left in First aid's removal.

  8. #388
    The Insane Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    15,869
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadriker View Post
    Bards do exist in lore and there is ample evidence of bard like magic and effects also existing in Warcraft lore.
    Bards exist in lore the same way blacksmiths, shop keepers, farmers, herbalist, inscribers, sailors, etc. exist in lore. That doesn't make them material for a hero or a class.

  9. #389
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    So to summarize this discussion;
    You mean, to lie and misrepresent the discussion? Because that's what you did, here.

    Dave Kosack is lying because his official statement contradicts your personal beliefs.
    What I'm saying is that I have never seen or been shown the pandaren being requested as a playable race, here or in the official forums, ever. There is also the massive backlash for introducing pandaren in MoP when it was announced. Those aren't things you'd expect for a "widely requested" race.

    You could show here any forum thread, here or from the official forums, asking for pandaren. But you haven't shown any.

    Pandaren, Pandaria, and Chen aren't based on China, or Chinese culture because it contradicts your arguments.
    I never said any of that. Ever. All I said was that just because the WC3 unit was inspired off Chinese culture and folklore, it does not necessarily mean "oriental style martial arts."

    Russell Browar and Hearthsinger Forrensten are as popular as Chen Stormstout prior to MoP because of your personal opinion.
    Once again, I never said any of that. Ever. All I said is that Russell and Forresten are as obscure lore characters as Chen was prior to MoP. Big difference.

    Did I miss anything?
    You forgot to use honesty and and proper argument representation.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Bards exist in lore the same way blacksmiths, shop keepers, farmers, herbalist, inscribers, sailors, etc. exist in lore. That doesn't make them material for a hero or a class.
    Those exact same words could be said about the tinkers.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyeonh View Post
    Wish they can make bard an optional profession to fill in the hole left in First aid's removal.
    Bards are just as much a "profession" as warriors are a profession. In other words: how can a concept that doesn't craft anything be a profession? Bards don't craft armor, weapons, or even instruments.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    Update 08/17: I changed how the Bone spec's golem mechanic works, as well as some other minor changes.
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!
    Update 09/02: Apparently the mods decided to merge my class concept thread with an existing one.

  10. #390
    The Insane Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    15,869
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    You mean, to lie and misrepresent the discussion? Because that's what you did, here.


    What I'm saying is that I have never seen or been shown the pandaren being requested as a playable race, here or in the official forums, ever. There is also the massive backlash for introducing pandaren in MoP when it was announced. Those aren't things you'd expect for a "widely requested" race.

    You could show here any forum thread, here or from the official forums, asking for pandaren. But you haven't shown any.
    All this shows is that even official statements from Blizzard isn't enough "evidence" for you.


    I never said any of that. Ever. All I said was that just because the WC3 unit was inspired off Chinese culture and folklore, it does not necessarily mean "oriental style martial arts."
    Wouldn't their fighting style also be inspired by Chinese culture and folklore since every other aspect of the character is?

    Once again, I never said any of that. Ever. All I said is that Russell and Forresten are as obscure lore characters as Chen was prior to MoP. Big difference.
    Which is again saying that those characters are as popular as Chen Stormstout prior to MoP.

    Meanwhile I'm not seeing a companion item based on Russell Brower or Forrensten, nor a Warcraft action figure based on them either.


    Those exact same words could be said about the tinkers.
    .
    Except the WC3 Tinker hero and multiple NPCs in WoW with their abilities and attributes. Those NPCs also happen to be major lore characters who appear in multiple expansions and actually impact the narrative. I wish the same could be said for Bards.

  11. #391
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    All this shows is that even official statements from Blizzard isn't enough "evidence" for you.
    Not that when said "official statements" don't match with reality. Where were all those requests for pandaren? All those threads asking for them to be playable? All those polls showing the pandaren as the "most requested race" or even as "one of" the most requested races? Why was there a backlash against the pandaren instead of celebration?

    Wouldn't their fighting style also be inspired by Chinese culture and folklore since every other aspect of the character is?
    Not necessarily monk-style martial arts. If I recall, "pikeman, bladedancer and geomancer" were the options presented in the April Fools lore.

    Which is again saying that those characters are as popular as Chen Stormstout prior to MoP.
    Again, no. Obscurity and popularity are not the same. Obscure characters can be popular, and notable characters can be unpopular.

    Except the WC3 Tinker hero and multiple NPCs in WoW with their abilities and attributes.
    Once again: abilities are meaningless for creating classes. Concepts are what's important. Abilities come from concepts, not the other way around. What do you honestly think is more likely to happen in development?

    This:
    Developer A: "Hey, I've created this fireball ability!"
    Developer B: "Cool. What classes can we design around it?

    Or this:
    Developer A: "Hey, I have this concept for a mage!"
    Developer B: "Cool. What abilities can we create from it?"

    Those NPCs also happen to be major lore characters who appear in multiple expansions and actually impact the narrative. I wish the same could be said for Bards.
    Ah. So now you're suddenly switching to Tinker, because you cannot say the same for the monk, who never appeared in the game until his expansion, and impacted in nothing the narrative.

    And, once again, you make another arbitrary rule. You haven't proved that, to design a class, we need a "major lore character that appears in multiple expansions and actually impact the narrative." Cool, cool. One more into the bullshit folder.
    Last edited by Ielenia; Yesterday at 02:00 AM.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    Update 08/17: I changed how the Bone spec's golem mechanic works, as well as some other minor changes.
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!
    Update 09/02: Apparently the mods decided to merge my class concept thread with an existing one.

  12. #392
    The Insane Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    15,869
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Not that when said "official statements" don't match with reality.
    Your reality. In actual reality, the Pandaren became reality in WC3:TFT from their April Fool's joke origin because of positive fan reaction in the first place.

    Not necessarily monk-style martial arts. If I recall, "pikeman, bladedancer and geomancer" were the options presented in the April Fools lore.
    And the Brewmaster was the official Pandaren unit that appeared after the April Fool's joke became an actual part of the game.

    Again, no. Obscurity and popularity are not the same. Obscure characters can be popular, and notable characters can be unpopular.
    And that's false. We know where Stormstout came from, and the Brewmaster and Pandaren were heavily discussed in the RPGs and TCGs in the years between WC3 and MoP. You could even roll a Brewmaster class in the RPG. Example;



    Once again, nothing like that for Bards.

    Once again: abilities are meaningless for creating classes. Concepts are what's important. Abilities come from concepts, not the other way around. What do you honestly think is more likely to happen in development?

    This:
    Developer A: "Hey, I've created this fireball ability!"
    Developer B: "Cool. What classes can we design around it?

    Or this:
    Developer A: "Hey, I have this concept for a mage!"
    Developer B: "Cool. What abilities can we create from it?"
    And if you don't have any intention of turning your concept into a class, you don't make any abilities for it. Such as the Lorewalker, or the Bard NPCs.


    Ah. So now you're suddenly switching to Tinker, because you cannot say the same for the monk, who never appeared in the game until his expansion, and impacted in nothing the narrative.
    Hilarious. You brought up the Tinker, not me. Also Chen impacted the narrative in WC3:TFT. He really didn't need to do much after that.

    And, once again, you make another arbitrary rule. You haven't proved that, to design a class, we need a "major lore character that appears in multiple expansions and actually impact the narrative." Cool, cool. One more into the bullshit folder.
    Well I would search for a statement from Blizzard, but you've already shown that that doesn't matter, so......

  13. #393
    Over 9000! HighlordJohnstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    I live at a location, somewhere, ya know? :D
    Posts
    9,137
    There's a bard in WoD, at the Alliance Capital.

  14. #394
    The Insane Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    15,869
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyeonh View Post
    Wish they can make bard an optional profession to fill in the hole left in First aid's removal.
    Yes, a profession makes the most sense for a Bard concept, given the lack of NPCs with abilities and lore heroes.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    There's a bard in WoD, at the Alliance Capital.
    Does he have any abilities? That's what's important. If he's just an NPC standing around with a guitar, he's no better than a shop or innkeeper.

  15. #395
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Your reality. In actual reality, the Pandaren became reality in WC3:TFT from their April Fool's joke origin because of positive fan reaction in the first place.
    None of that evidences a "demand for pandaren as a playable race in World of Warcraft", as I pointed out.

    And the Brewmaster was the official Pandaren unit that appeared after the April Fool's joke became an actual part of the game.
    Which, I must remind you again, has never acted like a monk, nor was ever referred to as one, until MoP came along. No official iteration of the character was ever referred to as such.

    And that's false. We know where Stormstout came from, and the Brewmaster and Pandaren were heavily discussed in the RPGs and TCGs in the years between WC3 and MoP.
    Were they "heavily discussed"? If true, you shouldn't have any trouble producing links to at least a couple different discussions about pandarens, right? I'll be waiting.

    You could even roll a Brewmaster class in the RPG. Example;

    https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/wowpe...b12709d66db4b3

    Once again, nothing like that for Bards.
    That image is not a pandaren brewmaster, that's a pandaren "transcendant". Yes, that's the name of the class. And they're just, well, "transcending" geomancers, not monks. And they also do not "split" into three separate pandaren, but actually individually take on the aspect of a given element, like a druid changing forms.

    As for "brewmasters" in the RPG, guess what? It's not a monk. Literally just a "brewmaster". One who uses the magical-like effects of his specialized brews on himself to fight drunk, but not a monk. A brew afficionado who really knows how to make some potent spirits.

    And if you don't have any intention of turning your concept into a class, you don't make any abilities for it. Such as the Lorewalker, or the Bard NPCs.
    Wrong. Not to mention there are bard-like abilities in this game, and bards that are showcased in combat scenarios.

    Well I would search for a statement from Blizzard, but you've already shown that that doesn't matter, so......
    Don't try to evade. You showed a statement of Blizzard when one was not only needed, since I was asking for player feedback, i.e., threads created by players requesting pandaren as a playable race, or polls for new races showing the pandaren in the lead, but also irrelevant since I did not ask for a developer's opinion on something that didn't pertain to them.

    Their statements do matter when we're talking about themselves and their own rules and processes.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    Update 08/17: I changed how the Bone spec's golem mechanic works, as well as some other minor changes.
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!
    Update 09/02: Apparently the mods decided to merge my class concept thread with an existing one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •