All gathering on all toons?

Has anyone done this? And just sell on AH?

There's no benefit to having more than 1 of each profession across all your alts, not sure what you mean. Unless you're a multiboxer, you don't profit from having herbalism on 5 characters.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

if you can't be bothered with crafting (or already have all of the crafting professions covered) then you may as well go gathering for at least one profession (I prefer to have engineering on all my chars for the teleports, loot-a-rang and tinkers) so you can make a bit of extra profit while questing. mining, herbing and skinning (I'd advise against it on a ranged char though as it's more time consuming) can all boost your income from just a couple seconds extra work now and then

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    There's no benefit to having more than 1 of each profession across all your alts, not sure what you mean. Unless you're a multiboxer, you don't profit from having herbalism on 5 characters.

I assume he means so that he can gather while questing on all characters rather than having to switch to the gathering alts and do a gathering run

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    I assume he means so that he can gather while questing on all characters rather than having to switch to the gathering alts and do a gathering run
    Well, in that case: it used be quite beneficial to start every new alt with gathering proffs to both speed up the leveling process slightly as well as gain some gold on the side, but this has largely been destroyed by the zone scaling, as well as "gathering ranks" in newer expansions which make it effectively pointless to collect farming nodes with 1 star gathering.

I still suspect that's not what the OP meant, but sadly he decided that he can't be bothered to word his thoughts in a more in-depth manner than by using 10 words and hasn't come back to actually specify what was meant by the thread, so I guess he doesn't care.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Well, in that case: it used be quite beneficial to start every new alt with gathering proffs to both speed up the leveling process slightly as well as gain some gold on the side, but this has largely been destroyed by the zone scaling, as well as "gathering ranks" in newer expansions which make it effectively pointless to collect farming nodes with 1 star gathering.

I still suspect that's not what the OP meant, but sadly he decided that he can't be bothered to word his thoughts in a more in-depth manner than by using 10 words and hasn't come back to actually specify what was meant by the thread, so I guess he doesn't care.
    Since you rang. How would you reword it then? Fill up all the professions on all toons with gathering professions? All toons only having herbing, skinning, and/or mining?

Why would you assume that the characters would all just stay at one star? If it's not worth it then why do people multi-box multiple toons all having herbing? How is it different than having five toons all having herbing in reality?

Sorry. I generally do not sit on a forum all day and every day looking over all the threads like its a chat room or discord. I'm used to the days of usenet where a reply could come in a week later.

Engi/Alch on the main for the fun stuff, two (enchanting is always there) or four useful crafting professions (depends on the expansion) on the least-used alts since they don't go out and about much, and herb/mining or skinning on the most used alts since they do their fair share of wandering around, so I might as well pick up more stuff whilst playing those.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Since you rang. How would you reword it then? Fill up all the professions on all toons with gathering professions? All toons only having herbing, skinning, and/or mining?
    All I'm saying is that your original post was pretty vague. "All gathering on all toons" can mean a lot of things.

Why would you assume that the characters would all just stay at one star? If it's not worth it then why do people multi-box multiple toons all having herbing? How is it different than having five toons all having herbing in reality?
    Okay so now we're finally getting into some details. People multibox gathering professions, because by doing that they are able to to collect the same node on multiple characters at the same time. How is this different from five toons having herbing? The difference is that a multiboxer has each character on a separate account with an active sub. That's how they are able to play those characters at the same time. Vast majority of players probably don't have more than one account, and usually have all their alts on one account. Maybe you have them spread across multiple active accounts, that I do not know. But if you don't, then you don't gain anything directly from having the same gathering profession on multiple characters.

Sorry. I generally do not sit on a forum all day and every day looking over all the threads like its a chat room or discord. I'm used to the days of usenet where a reply could come in a week later.
    Okay.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

I would love this change! It opens up much more interesting profession builds to match unique rp themes or simply to cover your gear needs better.

You could be a jewelcrafter/enchanter and handle all of your own gear improvements, a blacksmith/engineer to cover your Dark Iron theme, an alchemist/scribe to make consumables, leatherworker/blacksmith (or scribe/tailor) to make your own gear (for non plate users of course), etc.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    I would love this change! It opens up much more interesting profession builds to match unique rp themes or simply to cover your gear needs better.

You could be a jewelcrafter/enchanter and handle all of your own gear improvements, a blacksmith/engineer to cover your Dark Iron theme, an alchemist/scribe to make consumables, leatherworker/blacksmith (or scribe/tailor) to make your own gear (for non plate users of course), etc.
    Yeah me too! Another way to look at this thread and idea. Our characters do quests were we mine, herb, and skin all the time.

Yeah me too! Another way to look at this thread and idea. Our characters do quests were we mine, herb, and skin all the time.
    Sounds like fun! I just think using up 1 out of 2 profession slots for gathering is a shame. Just let us do all the gathering professions on every toon!

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    (I prefer to have engineering on all my chars for the teleports, loot-a-rang and tinkers)
    Yep. Engineering on all 12 lvl 120s for loot-a-rang in particular. I can't live without it. I even have it on my hunter as it's much better than fetch. Quality of life improvement is EXTREME.

They should let engineers sell it as an item. Pour one out for the WoD-only loot-a-rang item.

Or even better, make it expensive and let engineers make an account-wide toy that doesn't require engineering to use.

I never gathered anything while leveling other than leveling my druid solely with herbing/mining when flying came in in BfA and Legion. I farm when I need it to craft something (level up professions on other chars) or when I want it to sell. But then it's a 1-2-3 hour gathering session because what would I do with 10-20 piece of herb/ore that sells for 200-300 gold? Nowadays it's nothing. Plus, you'd want to pop a stirrup and not waste it.

Mining and herbing nodes are placed under mobs nowadays, it's so tedious to fight with multiple mobs with shitty scaling (ie while leveling) for a rank 1 node. Uhh.

"Thanks" to ranks multiple gatherers are not optimal on one realm. If you have a char with rank 2-3 gathering, then who would pop on another one with rank 1? Imagine having to do Alvarius or whatever his name is in Nazjatar before the nerf/spawn fix (ie when it was current ) for rank 2 nazjatarminingnode. Osmenite or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's sort of how I do it.

I have 12 120s, one of each class. I have one of each profession, with the exception of LW and Alch (LW, one for mail, one for leather, because some recipes are BoP and some crafted items are BoP, and alch for more transmutes.) The remaining characters all have skinning, mining and/or herbalism. So when I do dailies or quests on those toons I can pick up stuff as I go along.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    I never gathered anything while leveling other than leveling my druid solely with herbing/mining when flying came in in BfA and Legion. I farm when I need it to craft something (level up professions on other chars) or when I want it to sell. But then it's a 1-2-3 hour gathering session because what would I do with 10-20 piece of herb/ore that sells for 200-300 gold? Nowadays it's nothing. Plus, you'd want to pop a stirrup and not waste it.

Mining and herbing nodes are placed under mobs nowadays, it's so tedious to fight with multiple mobs with shitty scaling (ie while leveling) for a rank 1 node. Uhh.

"Thanks" to ranks multiple gatherers are not optimal on one realm. If you have a char with rank 2-3 gathering, then who would pop on another one with rank 1? Imagine having to do Alvarius or whatever his name is in Nazjatar before the nerf/spawn fix (ie when it was current ) for rank 2 nazjatarminingnode. Osmenite or something.
    I do. Totally worth the effort. Not gonna walk by 10g sitting on the ground while questing. Then when I get on my official farmer to farm, I can say "okay, because X alt found 15 Osmenite while doing Naz dailies, I need 15 fewer on this trip."
    Putin khuliyo

pretty sure 1 gathering is not enough to supply 1 crafting profession, so yeah..

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    That's sort of how I do it.

I have 12 120s, one of each class. I have one of each profession, with the exception of LW and Alch (LW, one for mail, one for leather, because some recipes are BoP and some crafted items are BoP, and alch for more transmutes.) The remaining characters all have skinning, mining and/or herbalism. So when I do dailies or quests on those toons I can pick up stuff as I go along.

- - - Updated - - -

I do. Totally worth the effort. Not gonna walk by 10g sitting on the ground while questing. Then when I get on my official farmer to farm, I can say "okay, because X alt found 15 Osmenite while doing Naz dailies, I need 15 fewer on this trip."
    You make that 10g faster with other activities than with rank 1 laming around tho. Especially because nodes are usually within pulling range.

I like the idea of having gathering professions on alts, and also to do world quests with alts when you have the time. It will only increase the amount of gold you make. I am going to do this in Shadowlands.