Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
14
LastLast
  1. #221
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Not disagreeing with you in that specific case, but to be honest if you're not able to login just once during a whole 4 days cycle then I have no idea why do you care / need specific corruptions. Logging in once a week you already won't be able to afford it, and what do you even need that for, then?
    For the times when you can login so you can play the game and not feel like you're miles behind just because you didn't get chance to login the previous week? Not difficult to understand.

  2. #222
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    So you completely glossed over the rest of my post where I quoted that exact line and pointed out how it wasn't an explanation for why they're increasing the cost of essences? I even addressed the fact that increasing the drop rate benefits everyone yet increasing the cost disadvantages everyone and does the exact opposite of what they're claiming. "players who haven’t felt the need to accumulate them" are still behind those who have been and are at a bigger disadvantage if they want to work towards essences for alts before they get started on corruptions and current players now have to earn even more echoes to purchase the essences they have been working towards even if they are slightly ahead on getting corruptions.
    Because it's not to the point. He claimed they gave no explanation, multiple people corrected him and pointed out the explanation. You said he were correct. Then you move goalposts. You might disagree and find flaws in their explanation, but that's different from "No explanation".

    Fact is that they would be at a bigger disadvantage without this increase in cost and drop. They will obviously be behind, no one is arguing that tho.

  3. #223
    The Patient Recovery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    241
    I can now has all my gushing wounds?

  4. #224
    Stood in the Fire Chloral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Quebec
    Posts
    422
    They didnt list Infinite Star. Hopefully this is an oversight because this is the one I'm missing everywhere.

  5. #225
    Quote Originally Posted by Athulua View Post
    That does not answer my question.

    Until that point i was getting ZERO echoes of ny'alotha because I don't run any alts. I just play my main toon and was not receiving anything.

    Will i start getting them starting tomorrow?
    Yes you will get them when the changes are in place.

  6. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by Domixux View Post
    This is definitely wrong. I started late in 8.3 so i only have one char with essences unlocked. This char recently started to get echos. I think they are either tied to a specific cloak level or a specific upgrade in the chamber tree thing (i recently got the one on the very bottom so its probably the trigger)
    I believe this is only the case for classes with multiple specs, because they made it so when you got a r3 essence for 1 spec you could then purchase the r3 essence for the other specs instead of unlocking it again... which means pure dps classes wouldn't be getting them. Could be wrong.

  7. #227
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    For the times when you can login so you can play the game and not feel like you're miles behind just because you didn't get chance to login the previous week? Not difficult to understand.
    It IS difficult to understand. Under normal circumstances there's no reason for you to not be able to log in during that time unless you don't care, so in that case you don't care about corruptions either.

    What other circumstances there can be that would make you unable to spend 10 seconds checking what corruptions are for sale this rotation, and another 2 minutes to go get them?

    It just weird seeing this conflict. People not caring enough but at the same time caring too much.

  8. #228
    Quote Originally Posted by Raone View Post
    Everything sounded great till they needed layer of dumb, 1 step forward 2 steps back.
    When you end up in a better place than you started, you took more steps forward than back... so more like 2 steps forward, 1 step back.

    I do see your point though. All it will end up doing for me is make me cycle which alts I'm playing based on which corruptions are available for the current rotation ha.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Starscream101 View Post
    Not to far Behind but still Behind got 1000s on other and can buy 3 or 4 on them but the one i love nope.
    1000s? TD3 is 15000. So your alts/other players might be ahead by 1 good corruption... Well if you've been playing your main enough to be upset about not earning echoes for all of that effort than you probably already have at least 1 good corruption which means you're really not behind.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Chloral View Post
    They didnt list Infinite Star. Hopefully this is an oversight because this is the one I'm missing everywhere.
    The list was an example to show approximately how much things will cost, not the complete list of all available corruptions.

  9. #229
    Quote Originally Posted by skumnasty View Post
    When you end up in a better place than you started, you took more steps forward than back... so more like 2 steps forward, 1 step back.

    I do see your point though. All it will end up doing for me is make me cycle which alts I'm playing based on which corruptions are available for the current rotation ha.

    - - - Updated - - -



    1000s? TD3 is 15000. So your alts/other players might be ahead by 1 good corruption... Well if you've been playing your main enough to be upset about not earning echoes for all of that effort than you probably already have at least 1 good corruption which means you're really not behind.

    - - - Updated - - -



    The list was an example to show approximately how much things will cost, not the complete list of all available corruptions.
    Uhh, the best corruptions are Masterful 3, Severe 3, IT1, Gushing wound.

    Note that they're all very low corruption things. If Echoing Void 3 is any indication (in that costs are not related to how good it is), someone with 25k echoes could probably buy 5 gushing wounds on day 1.

  10. #230
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post
    Yeah, I get it man! I just think we're very good at telling them what we don't like instead of what we instead do like. I'm just trying to be positive, the world needs more happiness and sometimes you have to look for it in the smalest things
    the world's "happiness" is not going to be enhanced by people failing to criticize a decision that they don't like by a billion dollar corporation

    nor is happiness enhanced by accepting PR nonsense without questioning it.

  11. #231
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

  12. #232
    Herald of the Titans Darknessvamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Hour of Twilight, Caverns of Time
    Posts
    2,994
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Because it's not to the point. He claimed they gave no explanation, multiple people corrected him and pointed out the explanation. You said he were correct. Then you move goalposts. You might disagree and find flaws in their explanation, but that's different from "No explanation".

    Fact is that they would be at a bigger disadvantage without this increase in cost and drop. They will obviously be behind, no one is arguing that tho.
    I've not moved any goalposts. They haven't given an explanation for why they're increasing the cost, they've explained why they've increased the drop rate so as not to disadvantage players who are starting but none of that is applicable to the increased cost as it does the exact opposite.

    Please enlighten me, how would a new/freshly started player be at a bigger disadvantage with the higher drops if they had to pay around 10500 echoes to get all the essences before starting on corruptions with the old costs as opposed to 52500 echoes with the new system?
    Argus' Nightmare Continues With Shadowlands
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

  13. #233
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    I've not moved any goalposts. They haven't given an explanation for why they're increasing the cost, they've explained why they've increased the drop rate so as not to disadvantage players who are starting but none of that is applicable to the increased cost as it does the exact opposite.
    They explained why they increased the drop rate AND cost... you can't just omit that they said it was an explanation for both.

    Please enlighten me, how would a new/freshly started player be at a bigger disadvantage with the higher drops if they had to pay around 10500 echoes to get all the essences before starting on corruptions with the old costs as opposed to 52500 echoes with the new system?
    Rate of drop and acquisition stays exactly the same, however the hoarding amount effectively gets reduced, since the hoarded echoes doesn't get multiplied by 5. Thus lowering the disadvantage.

  14. #234
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    So what? People play the game how they want and not how Actizzard planned it for you to play it?! HERESY!!!!!!! How dare they!?



    I agree, get some help, you'll need a surgeon to remove your head from Actizzard's aZZ
    Of course people play the game how they want, I never tried to argue that. You created that bullshit out of thin air. But a system like that can't be put in place without Blizzard doing it. Get off your high horse, and stop crying.

    They're giving the player-base what they wanted, and everyone is still bitching about it. You get something you asked for, you complain and ask for more. Ungrateful children, is what a lot of you are.

    And if you read other posts, outside of one, you would notice I'm not a fan of how they handled any of this. Just arguing the point that people should be happy they're getting what they asked for. Instead, you make yourself look like a dummy by attacking a fragment of my argument instead of all of it. Kudos dummy.

  15. #235
    Herald of the Titans Darknessvamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Hour of Twilight, Caverns of Time
    Posts
    2,994
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    They explained why they increased the drop rate AND cost... you can't just omit that they said it was an explanation for both.

    Rate of drop and acquisition stays exactly the same, however the hoarding amount effectively gets reduced, since the hoarded echoes doesn't get multiplied by 5. Thus lowering the disadvantage.
    I'm not omitting it, I'm directly addressing the fact it isn't an explanation for why they increased costs. Their explanation is they don't want to disadvantage players but then they do the exact opposite by increasing the cost which is why it's unexplained. It'd be like if someone said "I don't think your hourly wage is high enough so I'll start paying you $30 every hour instead of $15 but I'm also going to take $10 off that.", you have an explanation for why the wage is increasing but none for why $10 is being taken away. Same case here, giving an advantage and explaining why whilst leaving the disadvantage unexplained.

    You do realise that is not how it works right? Say there is a Player A and B each with a main who has all rank 3 essences and at least one Alt. Player A's alt has been actively engaged in the Echoes system and bought only four of the rank 3 essences that they think they will need in the first two weeks of the system being introduced before ignoring them and letting the echoes naturally gather, he has 14k on that alt at this point. Player B's alt has only just reached level 120 and he hasn't gotten a lot of echoes as he's been leveling other alts, playing his main, doing reps, just doing stuff instead of focusing on one alt and as such he has 450 echoes. Of course both mains have 0 echoes as they don't have any essences to work towards. With the introduction of the new costs, Player B has suddenly dropped behind 2050 echoes as opposed to the previous 50 and now needs to farm even more echoes than before to buy even one essence to start catching up meanwhile Player A just shrugs and starts buying gushing wounds. The mains are both at a slight advantage to B's alt but still have to farm echoes before buying corruptions.

    Basically the hoarded amounts aren't reduced in any significant manner as a result of the essence cost increase since the hoard is due to people not spending on the essences in the first place and since they have no reason to go after the even costlier essences now they can instead immediately start purchasing corruptions. Meanwhile new and existing alts that haven't engaged in the system are at a even greater disadvantage than mains, since the essences aren't an issue for them, as they have to farm even more echoes to catch up on essences in the first place before they can even think about going after corruptions. Thus the disadvantage persists and worsens.
    Argus' Nightmare Continues With Shadowlands
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

  16. #236
    The Lightbringer Molis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Northeast Ohio
    Posts
    3,036
    Simple solution. Make the items that are purchased BoA

    So if an alt has 20k they can buy the corruption item and send it to a main with zero.

    Then the alt will have to grind it up. As they should have to anyway.

  17. #237
    Scarab Lord crakerjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ptwn, Oregon
    Posts
    4,593
    Catchup mechanics should be launched from the get go. It should work something like this: If you achieved a certain point on your main, all your alts should have expedited rates until they're equal to your main. That way you can enjoy your alts equally to your main without having to put in the similar grind. I love raiding, doing dungeons and out-parsing other people. I just love to play at a high level. That's not possible when there's countless grinds for alts and blizzard refuses to release catch up mechanics for alts from the get go. They always pull this bullshit where they wait until people start leaving or cancel their subs. The whole concept that your main should be your strongest toon by far is long in the past. Ever since they unveiled the whole allied races concept, they knew they were encouraging people to have more alts. Balancing 12 characters and grinding r3 essences, cloaks and azerite is just too much without catchup mechanics. I should only have to put up with those grinds on my main. If my alts are lower than my main, they should get increased rates until they're equal to my main. That way I can play all my alts equally without having to devote the same time commitment as I did on my main.

    This is the main reason why I've been burning out on WoW this entire expansion. I can tolerate a bad raid/dungeon because I still enjoy the process of working with others to overcome bosses, but I can't enjoy myself when I know my performance is capped due to a grind. IMO the only reason my alts should underperform compared to my main is because they have worse gear, period. No amount of tedious grinds should play that big of a role. Just wish it was like Wotlk where gear is all that mattered. Level your alt to max level and then gear it out. That's all I want. I'm ok with grinds if they don't affect performance, but when they do, it's a big turn off, especially when they're boring/tedious.

  18. #238
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.
    No, but people would complain if they got bars of gold depending on if you have an alt with all essences or not

  19. #239
    Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    This was obviously needed when they released corruptions not months later once you're not even playing it anymore.

    Same thing with the essence changes.

    Why do they do this.... be on the players side from the start. Dont make shit obtuse for the sake of it.
    They want to try and see how much sheet they can get away with/Players will tolerate, and if too much backlash they work up some thing like this new system to make it faster.

  20. #240
    So is it just me or does MOTHER not have anything additional to purchase?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •