Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Because it's not to the point. He claimed they gave no explanation, multiple people corrected him and pointed out the explanation. You said he were correct. Then you move goalposts. You might disagree and find flaws in their explanation, but that's different from "No explanation".

Fact is that they would be at a bigger disadvantage without this increase in cost and drop. They will obviously be behind, no one is arguing that tho.
    I've not moved any goalposts. They haven't given an explanation for why they're increasing the cost, they've explained why they've increased the drop rate so as not to disadvantage players who are starting but none of that is applicable to the increased cost as it does the exact opposite.

Please enlighten me, how would a new/freshly started player be at a bigger disadvantage with the higher drops if they had to pay around 10500 echoes to get all the essences before starting on corruptions with the old costs as opposed to 52500 echoes with the new system?
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    I've not moved any goalposts. They haven't given an explanation for why they're increasing the cost, they've explained why they've increased the drop rate so as not to disadvantage players who are starting but none of that is applicable to the increased cost as it does the exact opposite.
    They explained why they increased the drop rate AND cost... you can't just omit that they said it was an explanation for both.

Please enlighten me, how would a new/freshly started player be at a bigger disadvantage with the higher drops if they had to pay around 10500 echoes to get all the essences before starting on corruptions with the old costs as opposed to 52500 echoes with the new system?
    Rate of drop and acquisition stays exactly the same, however the hoarding amount effectively gets reduced, since the hoarded echoes doesn't get multiplied by 5. Thus lowering the disadvantage.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    So what? People play the game how they want and not how Actizzard planned it for you to play it?! HERESY!!!!!!! How dare they!?

I agree, get some help, you'll need a surgeon to remove your head from Actizzard's aZZ
    Of course people play the game how they want, I never tried to argue that. You created that bullshit out of thin air. But a system like that can't be put in place without Blizzard doing it. Get off your high horse, and stop crying.

They're giving the player-base what they wanted, and everyone is still bitching about it. You get something you asked for, you complain and ask for more. Ungrateful children, is what a lot of you are.

And if you read other posts, outside of one, you would notice I'm not a fan of how they handled any of this. Just arguing the point that people should be happy they're getting what they asked for. Instead, you make yourself look like a dummy by attacking a fragment of my argument instead of all of it. Kudos dummy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    They explained why they increased the drop rate AND cost... you can't just omit that they said it was an explanation for both.

Rate of drop and acquisition stays exactly the same, however the hoarding amount effectively gets reduced, since the hoarded echoes doesn't get multiplied by 5. Thus lowering the disadvantage.
    I'm not omitting it, I'm directly addressing the fact it isn't an explanation for why they increased costs. Their explanation is they don't want to disadvantage players but then they do the exact opposite by increasing the cost which is why it's unexplained. It'd be like if someone said "I don't think your hourly wage is high enough so I'll start paying you $30 every hour instead of $15 but I'm also going to take $10 off that.", you have an explanation for why the wage is increasing but none for why $10 is being taken away. Same case here, giving an advantage and explaining why whilst leaving the disadvantage unexplained.

You do realise that is not how it works right? Say there is a Player A and B each with a main who has all rank 3 essences and at least one Alt. Player A's alt has been actively engaged in the Echoes system and bought only four of the rank 3 essences that they think they will need in the first two weeks of the system being introduced before ignoring them and letting the echoes naturally gather, he has 14k on that alt at this point. Player B's alt has only just reached level 120 and he hasn't gotten a lot of echoes as he's been leveling other alts, playing his main, doing reps, just doing stuff instead of focusing on one alt and as such he has 450 echoes. Of course both mains have 0 echoes as they don't have any essences to work towards. With the introduction of the new costs, Player B has suddenly dropped behind 2050 echoes as opposed to the previous 50 and now needs to farm even more echoes than before to buy even one essence to start catching up meanwhile Player A just shrugs and starts buying gushing wounds. The mains are both at a slight advantage to B's alt but still have to farm echoes before buying corruptions.

Basically the hoarded amounts aren't reduced in any significant manner as a result of the essence cost increase since the hoard is due to people not spending on the essences in the first place and since they have no reason to go after the even costlier essences now they can instead immediately start purchasing corruptions. Meanwhile new and existing alts that haven't engaged in the system are at a even greater disadvantage than mains, since the essences aren't an issue for them, as they have to farm even more echoes to catch up on essences in the first place before they can even think about going after corruptions. Thus the disadvantage persists and worsens.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

10+ Year Old Account
    Simple solution. Make the items that are purchased BoA

So if an alt has 20k they can buy the corruption item and send it to a main with zero.

Then the alt will have to grind it up. As they should have to anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Catchup mechanics should be launched from the get go. It should work something like this: If you achieved a certain point on your main, all your alts should have expedited rates until they're equal to your main. That way you can enjoy your alts equally to your main without having to put in the similar grind. I love raiding, doing dungeons and out-parsing other people. I just love to play at a high level. That's not possible when there's countless grinds for alts and blizzard refuses to release catch up mechanics for alts from the get go. They always pull this bullshit where they wait until people start leaving or cancel their subs. The whole concept that your main should be your strongest toon by far is long in the past. Ever since they unveiled the whole allied races concept, they knew they were encouraging people to have more alts. Balancing 12 characters and grinding r3 essences, cloaks and azerite is just too much without catchup mechanics. I should only have to put up with those grinds on my main. If my alts are lower than my main, they should get increased rates until they're equal to my main. That way I can play all my alts equally without having to devote the same time commitment as I did on my main.

This is the main reason why I've been burning out on WoW this entire expansion. I can tolerate a bad raid/dungeon because I still enjoy the process of working with others to overcome bosses, but I can't enjoy myself when I know my performance is capped due to a grind. IMO the only reason my alts should underperform compared to my main is because they have worse gear, period. No amount of tedious grinds should play that big of a role. Just wish it was like Wotlk where gear is all that mattered. Level your alt to max level and then gear it out. That's all I want. I'm ok with grinds if they don't affect performance, but when they do, it's a big turn off, especially when they're boring/tedious.

Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.
    No, but people would complain if they got bars of gold depending on if you have an alt with all essences or not

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    This was obviously needed when they released corruptions not months later once you're not even playing it anymore.

Same thing with the essence changes.

Why do they do this.... be on the players side from the start. Dont make shit obtuse for the sake of it.
    They want to try and see how much sheet they can get away with/Players will tolerate, and if too much backlash they work up some thing like this new system to make it faster.

So is it just me or does MOTHER not have anything additional to purchase?

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Finally. No more RNG.

E: I've just read it properly. Nope. They've put it on a random fucking cycle. WHY?! So when you can't get online and it's the one you want, or it's the one you want and can't afford it until it changes and you're waiting? Literally zero reason to do that. Just have them all available permanently. Fml blizzard do some random pointless shit sometimes.
    Wait, did you actually expect that Ion is gonna give us something good with one hand and not fistfuck us with the other at the same time? xDDDD

lol what a bunch of dindongs they added more echoes but triple the cost to buy them . really a bunch of yoyo's working there

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminatrix View Post
    lol what a bunch of dindongs they added more echoes but triple the cost to buy them . really a bunch of yoyo's working there
    You also gain more per event.

At this point i don't understand.

Blizzard has said the corruptions are available for purchase.
    they've also said you can buy the Horrific Vision entry device from MOTHER.
    They've said these changes are live, right? cause I don't see any of those items on MOTHER.

Echoes from m+ still dropping at normal amounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Melvoin View Post
    Man calm down , you can only buy an item with 25k
    Did you....quote the wrong post? Nothin' I wrote was complaining; merely responding to the guy asking what kind of technical limitation might exist that prevents re-corrupting cleansed items.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlehoff View Post
    So is it just me or does MOTHER not have anything additional to purchase?
    Apparently this isn't until this Friday

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you have to have a "targeting" system, it's too RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Awyee View Post
    I agree. If you aren't willing/don't have the time to put in the effort to minmax your character you shouldn't be attempting to clear the hardest difficulty raid. However, if you do 2 5 mask visions and 1 15 that is roughly 2 hours per WEEK spent. Complaining about getting guaranteed power that you can choose because you dont want to spend more than 2 hours a week+raid playing an MMO is showing that you don't have what it takes. Stick to heroic where you can get away with that small of a time investment or choose to play a different genre.
    Yeah I shouldn't even have to do a mythic plus or visions to raid. I was clearing Heroics and Mythic before keys existed just fine with no time commitment. Sorry maybe one day when you move to adulthood and realize your career, home, and kids come before doing fucking daily quests in wow you will understand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    why would you need to do 4 visions? your cloak is not max? If it is not, well, with this update you can go from 1 to 15 in a week if you really tried. One weekly 15 is 35minutes and if all of your guildies are expected to do that, get a guild group and just blast through it.
    You guild stepping in the progression so late and requiring to farm perfect corruptions and full socket slots? I call this BS unless you are in a top 100 tier of guilds which just formed and now is going to blast next raid tier. Then you are in a wrong guild. There are plenty of guilds with casual approach to mythic raiding and they have 10/12M
    Because I still dont have a single corruption worth a shit? I am a demon hunter with 2 fucking % mastery corruptions equipped because they are better than anything else I have?
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    You really will complain about anything, huh? People already drop ~30-40ilvl for their strongest corruptions. This is no different except now you'll, at worst, have to drop 10 ilvl and you can choose your BiS corruptions.
    When the game is in the shit state it is, it's very easy to complain.

all good and nice bla bla bla, so if i resub tomorrow from 8.1 do i still need to grind mandatory essence rank 3 for 1 mounth or i can buy directly somewhere? why the hect so much gating this exp? Just give players a starting 430 gear and essence ffs i just wanna raid/pve/pvp with friend i don't wanna farm.