Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Targeted Corruptions and Faster Cloak Empowerment - Now Live

Targeted Corruptions and Faster Cloak Empowerment
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We’re working on an update to the game that we expect to roll out in the coming week. We plan to make improvements to the process of obtaining Corrupted items on max-level characters and also streamline upgrading the legendary cloak Ashjra’kamas.

Our goal with this update is to speed up the power progression of new level 120 characters, while giving established endgame players more agency in pursuing the Corruption effects they most desire.

More Echoes
    In our last update, we added Echoes of Ny’alotha, a new currency available from most Visions of N’Zoth content, which can be used to directly purchase Rank 3 Essences that have already been unlocked on a different character. We plan to expand the availability and purpose of this new currency. Now, once any character completes the legendary cloak questline, they will immediately begin earning Echoes of Ny’alotha from all of the usual sources.

Echoes of Ny’alotha will be much more abundant than before. As we expand the usefulness of Echoes of Ny’alotha, we want to ensure that players who haven’t felt the need to accumulate them don’t feel disadvantaged, so we will be increasing both the droprates of Echoes and their costs by a factor of 5. This means that when these changes take effect, a Major Assault will award 625 Echoes, up from 125. The cost to purchase an Essence will also increase by the same factor, from 500 to 2500 Echoes.

If you are planning to purchase a Rank 3 Essence with Echoes of Ny’alotha that you’ve already earned, you should do so now, before these costs change.

Improving Ashjra’kamas
    We’re also reducing the requirements for any quest step in upgrading the cloak from Ranks 1 to 15 that previously required multiple Horrific Visions. Each Rank can now be achieved in a single Horrific Vision. For example, upgrading your Rank 13 cloak to Rank 14 will now require 2 Torn Pages of “The Final Truth” (was 6), so if you’re currently in possession of 2 or more pages, you’ll turn them all in and immediately complete that quest. The following quest to upgrade from Rank 14 to 15 will then require that you go get 2 more new Torn Pages (was 8).

The requirements for further minor upgrades to the cloak after Rank 15 with Malefic Cores have not been changed.

MOTHER will also offer Vessels of Horrific Visions in exchange for Echoes of Ny’alotha, providing an additional source of access to Horrific Visions that does not require completion of Assaults.

Choosing Your Corruption
    In addition to any unlocked Essences, MOTHER will now also offer several new Preserved Contaminants, which allow for a specific Corruption effect (and the associated Corruption penalty) to be applied to a selected item. The inventory of available Preserved Contaminants will change twice each week, mirroring the Assault cadence, and will cycle through all available Corruption effects at various levels of potency.

You can use a Preserved Contaminant to apply the Corruption you purchased to any uncorrupted item that can be Corrupted, much like an enchant. Here are some sample costs for MOTHER’s updated offerings:

Item - Cost (Echoes of Ny’alotha)
    • Vessel of Horrific Visions - 1750
    • Rank 3 Essence - 2500
    • Masterful I - 3000
    • Siphoner I - 4250
    • Twilight Devastation I - 6250
    • Siphoner II - 6300
    • Ineffable Truth II - 6750
    • Racing Pulse III - 7875
    • Echoing Void III - 12000
    • Twilight Devastation III - 15000

Important Notes
    We highly suggest that you purchase any Rank 3 Essences that you want and can afford as soon as possible.

Due to a technical limitation, items that have been cleansed cannot be re-corrupted. We are looking into whether it will be possible to fix this, but we don’t want to hold up the whole system in the meantime.

All of the previous ways that Corrupted items and Vessels can be acquired are still in place. The changes above are meant to supplement those sources and provide you with more options and control in pursuing your goals.

Imagine an 8.3 where these things would have been available right off the bat.

This is great news for alts, new players and people that were unlucky getting TD for M+. This will tide me over for a while as we wait for the expansion pre-patch in X months.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Man you aren't wrong. I'd have loved to be able to pick and choose corruptions and gear how I wanted to. Maybe I'd actually have touched an alt.

Finally. No more RNG.

E: I've just read it properly. Nope. They've put it on a random fucking cycle. WHY?! So when you can't get online and it's the one you want, or it's the one you want and can't afford it until it changes and you're waiting? Literally zero reason to do that. Just have them all available permanently. Fml blizzard do some random pointless shit sometimes.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2020-05-18 at 09:40 PM.

Holy fuck, they actually did it. These changes are perfect.

Oh, but expect a shitload of boosted Fire Mages. Getting 6% masterful corruption for roughly the price of a current essence will be absolutely bonkers for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    About sums it up.

This was obviously needed when they released corruptions not months later once you're not even playing it anymore.

Same thing with the essence changes.

Why do they do this.... be on the players side from the start. Dont make shit obtuse for the sake of it.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok so "we've rewarded more echoes" - yay "rank 3 costs more" - lame. Why increase the gain, just to increase the cost, it makes no sense (it does but there are issues).
    Last edited by scvd; 2020-05-18 at 10:00 PM.

Incoming fire mage nerfs in 3...2...1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scvd View Post
    Ok so "we've rewarded more echoes" - yay "rank 3 costs more" - why? Why increase the gain, just to increase the cost, it makes no sense.
    So they people that already have a stockpile aren't vastly ahead of people with none. They said so in the blog. If a person saved up 1000 echos before it will be easy for a newer player to catch up to them now since the rewards are so high.

They didn't want this in for the initial release, and it makes perfect sense. Would've prevented people from upgrading their cloak and pushed them towards having more dps. But leave it to you nerds to complain about them doing anything.

Blizzard cannot do anything right by most folk's standards anymore. They listen to the community, then they're dumb and aren't smart enough to run their game anymore. They don't listen, you cry and complain that they don't care about their own game anymore.

Some of you people are literally never, ever, ever happy.

Get some help.

Ok so "we've rewarded more echoes" - yay "rank 3 costs more" - why? Why increase the gain, just to increase the cost, it makes no sense.
    They literally explained why they did this in the post. If they didn't, people who didn't hoard echoes would be massively disadvantaged compared to people who did. If they increase everything by 5x (like they often do with Residuum) it means that they can use the same currency without removing the already collected echoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    So those bastards still aren’t making it easier to acquire essences on your main.

It’s like there’s a huge turd on the ground and they’re polishing the windows.

Well, back to Nazjatar bullshit for me.
    The Nazjatar ones are already nerfed from what they originally were, both directly by reducing the costs and indirectly by the massively increased gear levels we have at this point to clear the content faster. If there are any you don't have by now, you really haven't been trying.

The worst part about this is that you were unable to earn echos on your main if you didnt have an essence rank 3 on another character that you didnt have on the main character. Meaning some people have a shit ton of echoes stored up while most mains will have 0.

uhm,maybe read it all?its so people who didnt bother to get them wont be at a huge disatvantage to people who did get a bunch

10+ Year Old Account
    This is GREAT. My paladin was unviable for SO MANY WEEKS before getting lucky with corruptions.

Now to go to item restoration and check if there is any 475 item I've scrapped but will need to get back..

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    They didn't want this in for the initial release, and it makes perfect sense. Would've prevented people from upgrading their cloak and pushed them towards having more dps. But leave it to you nerds to complain about them doing anything.

Blizzard cannot do anything right by most folk's standards anymore. They listen to the community, then they're dumb and aren't smart enough to run their game anymore. They don't listen, you cry and complain that they don't care about their own game anymore.

Some of you people are literally never, ever, ever happy.

Get some help.
    You definitely aren't wrong there.

still impossible to "catch up" if you dont raid

Quote Originally Posted by prudi View Post
    The worst part about this is that you were unable to earn echos on your main if you didnt have an essence rank 3 on another character that you didnt have on the main character. Meaning some people have a shit ton of echoes stored up while most mains will have 0.
    This is definitely wrong. I started late in 8.3 so i only have one char with essences unlocked. This char recently started to get echos. I think they are either tied to a specific cloak level or a specific upgrade in the chamber tree thing (i recently got the one on the very bottom so its probably the trigger)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    uhm,maybe read it all?its so people who didnt bother to get them wont be at a huge disatvantage to people who did get a bunch
    Most of the game is a "tough shit" scenario, why should this be different.