Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Domixux View Post
    This is definitely wrong. I started late in 8.3 so i only have one char with essences unlocked. This char recently started to get echos. I think they are either tied to a specific cloak level or a specific upgrade in the chamber tree thing (i recently got the one on the very bottom so its probably the trigger)
    Definitely isnt. My main had every essence....and a maxed out cloak....it's got zero echoes. All my other toons have tons.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    No, this is wrong. If a char has all available level 3 essences unlocked on the account he won't get any. Source: My main.
    Considering that my alts have 10-15k of them without ever farming them, and a 75 corruption enchant costs 15k, I'd say that's actually quite some setback in particular for main chars even with the rate increased.
    One specific 75 corruption corruption costs 15k.

And 10-15k actually requires quite a bit of active play. If you have that on multiple characters, you can very much be considered to have farmed them. It's also less than you'll earn in a week under the new rules.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Casperite View Post
    Why Blizzard bothers doing what this community cries for is beyond me when this is the response they get. Sorry they didn't announce that they are sending an employee to do everything for you so you don't have to put in an ounce of effort.
    My question is why was not my main able to get them anyways in case I got a R3 on another toon. Seemed something that was simple to began with. And sorry Blizztards there do not think things threw. Its the simple easy things that they screw up. The common sense things that they seem to struggle the most with.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    So if I understand it right, theres no point in doing a vision if you still need cloak ranks (sub 15) until this goes live, as they are not altering the vessel cost/Coalescing Visions? Also, if they increase the echoes of nya'lotha rewards from the visions themselves, they might become self sufficient to a certain degree (Assuming 5 chest clears) Although doing multiple 5 chest clears on the same toon in the same reset is kinda....pointless, unless boosting I guess.

Edit nvm: Forgot about corrupted mementos....
    Last edited by Hypasonic; 2020-05-18 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Well I'm 99% sure the rotation will start from rank 1, go through all rank 1 curruptions, then go rank 2 etc...
    There is an example from the post of the rotation they will use. They are selling 8 corruptions with 3 rank 3's, 2 rank 2's, and 3 rank 1's. Not every corruption is there (No severe etc).

There are 16 corruptions that have 3 ranks, 1 with only 2 ranks, and 2 with only 1 rank. So (48 + 2 + 1 + 1 = ) 52 difference corruption in total.

So if 8 corruptions are sold, and it changes twice a week (Total to 16 different ones per week) we will see every corruption rotating over the course of 3-4 weeks. So it may take you an entire month to see the corruption you want ... because why? Reasons? Why is this needed? Why not sell everything at once?

Quote Originally Posted by Raone View Post
    There is an example from the post of the rotation they will use. They are selling 8 corruptions with 3 rank 3's, 2 rank 2's, and 3 rank 1's. Not every corruption is there (No severe etc).

There are 16 corruptions that have 3 ranks, 1 with only 2 ranks, and 2 with only 1 rank. So (48 + 2 + 1 + 1 = ) 52 difference corruption in total.

So if 8 corruptions are sold, and it changes twice a week (Total to 16 different ones per week) we will see every corruption rotating over the course of 3-4 weeks. So it may take you an entire month to see the corruption you want ... because why? Reasons? Why is this needed? Why not sell everything at once?
    you already know the answer.

Subs.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

They really need to fix so you can re-corrupt a cleansed item. I have a lot of 470+475 items with bis stats, that I cleansed because they had shitty corruption. So now I wont be able to corrupt them with the desired corruption. :l

10+ Year Old Account
    Missed a point about the purchasable corruption

The only people that really benefit from this are raiders

Mythic chest is 100% corruption, can't be cleansed and replaced.
    Mask runs 100% corruption, can't be cleansed and replaced.

Sure, you could put it on some PvP gear or normal gear from mythics, but you'll always have to sacrifice ilvl, right?

imagine selling raid BoE's that were cleansed on the AH and people buy em thinking they can corrupt it. Kek
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Talfy123 View Post
    They really need to fix so you can re-corrupt a cleansed item. I have a lot of 470+475 items with bis stats, that I cleansed because they had shitty corruption. So now I wont be able to corrupt them with the desired corruption. :l
    Cleansing any item whatsoever was your first mistake.

OT: I didn't see the part about rotating the items for sale. That is absolutely, flat out moronic and will result in massive swings in class balance week-on-week - think one week where 12% masterful is on sale three weeks from now and Fire Mages have saved up echoes. 10-15% DPS gain per character just because of one sale rotation is awful.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    I have 0 echoes this isnt fun. Sucks for people that have no alts

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    One specific 75 corruption corruption costs 15k.

And 10-15k actually requires quite a bit of active play. If you have that on multiple characters, you can very much be considered to have farmed them. It's also less than you'll earn in a week under the new rules.
    It required doing emissaries when they awarded gold, doing a m15+ every week, 5/4/3 mask visions (plus cloak leveling) and all assaults because that's all I did with them. So as you said even when farming them now it would almost be a full lockout headstart which especially mains -which did even more- are missing.
    And don't get me wrong, the mistake does not happen now, but when they decided that the currency would out of whatever reason not be awarded when - at that time - you could not buy anything with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can they also roll in the Shadowlands version of the M+ chest in advance while we're there?

So mains that had all rank 3 essences already and still havent gotten their BiS corruptions even though they clear 3 or more visions each week, do multiple M+'s, clear heroic and 9/12M bosses are just fucked b/c we have no echoes collected yet, what is this shit

Imagine having a problem with any of this lol

Just as I though I was done with the grind in this expansion.

Nope. New 24/7 grind for Corruptions. Fucking great.

Quote Originally Posted by Natureseer View Post
    still impossible to "catch up" if you dont raid
    Then raid, problems get solved when you just PLAY THE FUCKING GAME.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    we want to ensure that players who haven’t felt the need to accumulate them don’t feel disadvantaged
    well, too late. My alt has 21k echoes and my main can't get any. If only I had them on my main I could buy 3 corruptions immediately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    So they people that already have a stockpile aren't vastly ahead of people with none. They said so in the blog. If a person saved up 1000 echos before it will be easy for a newer player to catch up to them now since the rewards are so high.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    They literally explained why they did this in the post. If they didn't, people who didn't hoard echoes would be massively disadvantaged compared to people who did. If they increase everything by 5x (like they often do with Residuum) it means that they can use the same currency without removing the already collected echoes.
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    uhm,maybe read it all?its so people who didnt bother to get them wont be at a huge disatvantage to people who did get a bunch
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    They explained it in the post...
    No he still has a valid point, they haven't explained why they increased the cost of Essences in addition to echoes gained.

Echoes of Ny’alotha will be much more abundant than before. As we expand the usefulness of Echoes of Ny’alotha, we want to ensure that players who haven’t felt the need to accumulate them don’t feel disadvantaged, so we will be increasing both the droprates of Echoes and their costs by a factor of 5.
    So firstly the new Corruption enchants and additional vessel source haven't got a set price yet so they will be as pricey as Blizzard decides they want them to be and people who may or may not have been stockpiling will already have an advantage over those who haven't been gathering them on alts or have been unable to get them on mains as they didn't drop as long as they're the only one with all your rank 3 essences.
    As such increasing the echo drop rate by a factor of 5 helps players who have yet to start getting them or haven't been getting them on alts catch up faster towards the others who may already be or close to buying corruption enchants.
    Secondly the only existing cost atm for echoes is for the essences and the system up till now has mainly been for alts to get their higher level essences faster and generally unlocked easier than you did on your main. By increasing the cost by a factor of 5 they're not benefiting anyone, people who have already farmed the echoes and reached their current cost will no longer be able to purchase them in the new system and have to farm even more and players who are just starting on alts will still have to farm even more than that.

Honestly there shouldn't be a problem with keeping the essences at the same price as they are now, it would be more beneficial for the people who have already gathered echoes as well as people who are just starting. Essences will just be unlocked faster and honestly who cares about that at this point in the expansion?
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Fuck you Blizzard, fuck you so much. If you introduce pay to win to the game fucking stand with it and don't drop it after people spend their money on it. Fucking predatory shenanigans going on here. Hopefully the crazy Americans will deck you with lawsuits about this.
    What the hell are you going on about?