Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Does this mean one still needs to do Visions?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    only for cloak upgrade till rank 15.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    It continues to amaze me how people on this forum view “I don’t want to waste time doing pointless shit on a video game” as “laziness”. Total lack of perspective.
    I don't know man....
    Some might argue something with a desirable reward isn't pointless.

Pfff cannot catch me with that. Too little, too late. BFA is over for me. Levelling alts / classes that seem to be interesting in Shadowlands instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    You will get them by playing the game.
    That does not answer my question.

Until that point i was getting ZERO echoes of ny'alotha because I don't run any alts. I just play my main toon and was not receiving anything.

Will i start getting them starting tomorrow?

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm so.. going to collect 7x gushing wounds

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The catchup is relating to the cloak, not essences.....r15 cloak will be way faster now resulting in easier 5 mask clears for 470 loot and more echoes.

There really is no downside to these changes unless you somehow forget to buy any essences that you need before it goes live, literally don't understand all the negativity here lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Boddhi View Post
    Pfff cannot catch me with that. Too little, too late. BFA is over for me. Levelling alts / classes that seem to be interesting in Shadowlands instead.
    They caught me im back in boys

Good change. The only reason I have much of an issue with it is for people that don’t play alts, or never got a rank 3 of something on an alt that the main doesn’t have since people won’t have Echos.
    The cycle of it kinda sucks, but not like it’s some deal breaker.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post
    Wow, considering how players have complained and wished for a way to get corruptions there sure are many negative answers in this thread I was sure people would be cheerful. Must be though to be a developer. Finnally you have time to work on something the players want and they still rage.
    This is why I don't place much value in the typical complaints that people around here tend to cry about unless they can back it up with a solid argument. It's always the same people, complaining that "Bliz never listens", but honestly, I think the real problem is that they have nothing worth listening to.

So rank 3 essences won't actually be easier to acquire?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Visions drop Echoes, so yes. You need to do all Visions you can.

Great, so people who don't have alts wont collect any

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    So rank 3 essences won't actually be easier to acquire?
    Not as a result of this change, no. But a lot of them have become easier over time as we've become better geared.

I don't think it was ever really a problem that any of them was too hard to acquire, so much as that repeating the process for each alt was just a pain - an issue that they solved with the Echoes of Nya'Lotha already.

One very tangible way to play the game.

It's a win-win situation and I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Athulua View Post
    That does not answer my question.

Until that point i was getting ZERO echoes of ny'alotha because I don't run any alts. I just play my main toon and was not receiving anything.

Will i start getting them starting tomorrow?
    It technically does answer your question, but you just don't know it because you don't know what they are.
    Echoes were gained from doing world quest emissaries, assaults, visions, raiding, battlegrounds, Mythic+, etc. You, as someone who only plays one character, did not get any because their only purpose up until now was to buy catch-up rank 3 essences for alts (or for characters that had multiple specs and you had a rank 3 of let's say a tank essence on some other character). So, it didn't give you any because it served no purpose. Most people who don't switch around mains were also not getting them on their mains. But now, everyone will be getting them. "We plan to expand the availability and purpose of this new currency. Now, once any character completes the legendary cloak questline, they will immediately begin earning Echoes of Ny’alotha from all of the usual sources." That means everyone.
    So just do all the things, pretty much. Emissaries, assaults, raid, etc.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's a couple shitty things about this, namely that it should've been part of the core patch months ago. The values could've been altered greatly to make it 'harder' to get, but the core of the system is welcome to say the least. Perhaps they drew this up on a white board months prior to the patch releasing with full intentions of dripping easier acquisition methods, curbing RnG and making it easier for alts to catch up. Or perhaps they're actually ignorant and come up with shit on the fly that sounds good. Regardless, timing is everything and if you're playing the game and didn't plan on stopping it's a welcome change. Not sure how people can argue otherwise, it's literally what people wanted and you're getting it. If you take the theory that they've been stringing us along in an attempt to prolong subs between the expansion end, then carry on. I'll point out however that they've been doing systems like this at the end of an expansion since MoP though.

Echoes as a resource should've been core at the start of 8.3 though with catch up for alts and targeted corruptions for others. It kind of sucks that my main gets a little fucked by having R3 of all essences (which means I never got any echoes for playing the game for the past 3 1/2 months), while others who have R3 essences on different characters will have a bit of a leg up. I'll concede however that this isn't as big of a deal as many people are making it out to be, simply because you can only use so much corruption anyway and it's not like you can plaster it on everything. Them multiplying it by a factor of 5 is welcome, but truly if they wanted to make it more of an even playing field it should've been a factor of 10 to 20 (seriously, there are some people with tens of thousands of echoes).

Personally the core concept of shit not being gated and allowing people to catch up quickly if they put the work in should be standard practice. Doing the legendary questline in MoP if you were months behind sucked. Doing the legendary questline in WoD if you were months behind sucked too. Ironically being months behind in Legion wasn't that big of a deal at the end of the expansion, but catching up the trinket from Argus was equally as shitty. See the trend? Being behind on the cloak really sucks, and being limited by vessels was shitty. Now if I someone actively wants to play and get caught up on the cloak, they can literally get to R15 in a single week if they play enough, and I think that's a wonderful change. Not sure why they're preventing people from getting the additional cloak resistance, but Blizzard always seems to have a hard line on certain catch up mechanics.

All in all the game play loop is good for alts and mains right now, it's just a shame it took a few months for it to transpire. Little salty on not having echoes, but I really don't care that much. If you're behind on the cape, you can get R15 cloak in 1 week by doing content and buying as many vessels as possible. If you're behind on essences on alternate characters you can still buy essences, and if your corruptions are shitty you can target them. The only thing they truly need to fix is the ability to corrupt cleansed items again, otherwise the whole loop for the majority of players becomes awfully weird. Rewarding raiders is fine in my opinion, but you break the game by rewarding high iLvL pieces from caches (PvP, M+) or visions by assuring corruption come tomorrow, unless that corruption is literally the one you want anyway. It's sad, but unless they can fix that issue, 9 times out of 10 the best source of gear is going to be praying for loot that isn't corrupted to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    The vendor changes twice a fucking week. Are you fucking serious?
    Why , yes .. yes I'm serious. There are 19 corruption effects with 3 tiers , all of which is randomized . So yes i'm fucking serious , the first time you might see a twilight devastation rank 3 or an infinite stars rank 3 might as well be next month.

What is the downside of putting everything out there for the start? That who is already raiding heroic and mythic gets an advantage ? They already have a gear advantage to anybody who is catching up now. Also 4 months into the patch who cares.
    Last edited by valax; 2020-05-19 at 01:23 PM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Finally. No more RNG.

E: I've just read it properly. Nope. They've put it on a random fucking cycle. WHY?! So when you can't get online and it's the one you want, or it's the one you want and can't afford it until it changes and you're waiting? Literally zero reason to do that. Just have them all available permanently. Fml blizzard do some random pointless shit sometimes.
    The reason is to inflate user-traffic on their charts and make the game seem 'alive' to the userbase.

I could've not gotten the essences for my offspecs and would've been loaded with echoes by now in preparation for this. Makes me wonder why they made them stop dropping altogether. Oh well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vinictus View Post
    Great, so people who don't have alts wont collect any
    Indeed, they seem to forget the grounds for these dropping in the first place. Some won't have seen a single echo while others will be loaded with them despite ignoring their existence.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2020-05-19 at 01:49 PM.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Oh, there is a definite end cap? thought it was just gonna keep ramping up til Shadowlands.
    Yeah sadly they should uncap it!! LOL

It's not like it'll be useable in shadowlands anyway.