Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'll be honest, I feel pretty cheated that I wasn't able to collect these echos on my main the past several weeks, while others could, doing the same exact things I was doing. I have guildies who can cash in immediately on the corruption items and I'm stuck grinding out yet another currency for the foreseeable future all because I already had all my essences at rank 3 on my main. Inflating these by 5x doesn't do much when lucky people have tens of thousands stockpiled already.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2020-05-19 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    It continues to amaze me how people on this forum view “I don’t want to waste time doing pointless shit on a video game” as “laziness”. Total lack of perspective.
    Lmao what the fuck? It isn't pointless, it unlocks something that makes you more powerful in a different part of this game. If making your character more powerful is pointless, then either a) you don't need the essence so stop bothering, or b) the entire core gameplay loop of the game is pointless in which case why the fuck do you care?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scvd View Post
    When the game is in the shit state it is, it's very easy to complain.
    Hahaha. Yeah, sure, but complain about shit that's actually reasonable instead of inventing things to be mad about. Or, y'know, go outside and quit focusing so much of your attention on something you apparently don't enjoy. One or the other, I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Hahaha. Yeah, sure, but complain about shit that's actually reasonable instead of inventing things to be mad about. Or, y'know, go outside and quit focusing so much of your attention on something you apparently don't enjoy. One or the other, I guess.
    Yes, because I can't do multiple things in my life.

My argument was reasonable, until they announced in the hotfixes the new items can be re-corrupted. Now there is no argument in regards to that, but we can throw random bullshit at each other if you want? or go outside ha ha, funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Its going to be fine, you'll have your corruptions in due time, its not the end of the world dude.
    I was just pointing out the flawed comparison.

And yes, it will be fine. It is just bad design tho. You make people regret buying the last essence they'll porobably never use.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Imagine an 8.3 where these things would have been available right off the bat.
    They alwaya does this crap at the end of the expansion and only to milk the few remaining
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post

Because I still dont have a single corruption worth a shit? I am a demon hunter with 2 fucking % mastery corruptions equipped because they are better than anything else I have?
    ok so you are a single case, so all of your guild are like that? It's fair on the guild to expect you to be on par with your comrades. Smells like very bloated out story for your narrative reasons.

Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.
    New signature quote spotted. Cheers
    Well met!
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

It's really boring to go back there every day.
    Hahaha you've done one single day there mate. You'd only have had to do it once every week and a half since 8.3, but you didn't, because you're lazy, and now you want to complain that it actually isn't because you're lazy it's because it's "too easy". Just fucking put up with it for 2 weeks lol it's literally not a big deal..

10+ Year Old Account
    24 hours later, still can't even see the corruptions on the vendor because of a bug. Ridiculous.

Level 8 - 9 cloak rank still requires 4 pages, so this is actually worse then 10-15 now which only requires 2 pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Hightotemz View Post
    Level 8 - 9 cloak rank still requires 4 pages, so this is actually worse then 10-15 now which only requires 2 pages.
    Can't those be obtained from every section of a vision though? Ergo one run?

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    They didn't want this in for the initial release, and it makes perfect sense. Would've prevented people from upgrading their cloak and pushed them towards having more dps. But leave it to you nerds to complain about them doing anything.

Blizzard cannot do anything right by most folk's standards anymore. They listen to the community, then they're dumb and aren't smart enough to run their game anymore. They don't listen, you cry and complain that they don't care about their own game anymore.

Some of you people are literally never, ever, ever happy.

Get some help.
    Exactly this. There are clear reasons why the race to top was not pay to play. Now they give the unwashed masses pay to play and it costs too much
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    Loving how half the people iknow are sitting on 20-40K echoes, and i have 1200 because i bought my essences early. I love playing BFA Beta.

“this isn’t fun and is a complete waste of time, but I’m doing it because it gives me an upgrade that’s needed to do the fun stuff”.
    Did you even read this before you posted it? You either want the upgrade and therefore it, by definition, isn't a "waste of time", or you don't want the upgrade in which case it absolutely is a "waste of time" because you don't want the reward for the effort. This is like training for a cross-country running event when you specifically don't want to get more fit or actually compete in the race. If you find this specific essence too tedious to farm, pick a different one. It's not a complex concept to wrap your head around.

Amazing that you see that as “lazy”. It’s a game, why are there chores?
    By your logic literally anything could be a "chore". Why can't I just get immediately Heroic geared on my alts? Heroic is easy, my guild can walk in there and one shot everything in 2 hours, but we shouldn't have to because it's a "chore" so just give me full Heroic gear please. Oh and also while we're at it getting 1600 rating and then winning a game of arena every week is easy too, give me Conflict and Strife for free please. Also I want all the mounts for exalted with the BFA factions because that just takes time as well - honestly just give me every mount for every rep from all the old expansions because they're just easy content and I don't want to have to do them but I want the rewards for free because this is a video game and I shouldn't have to do "chores".

We've discussed this on three seperate days now - hope you're down to 12 days to go considering how much time you've spent complaining about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skumnasty View Post
    When you end up in a better place than you started, you took more steps forward than back... so more like 2 steps forward, 1 step back.

I do see your point though. All it will end up doing for me is make me cycle which alts I'm playing based on which corruptions are available for the current rotation ha.

- - - Updated - - -

1000s? TD3 is 15000. So your alts/other players might be ahead by 1 good corruption... Well if you've been playing your main enough to be upset about not earning echoes for all of that effort than you probably already have at least 1 good corruption which means you're really not behind.

- - - Updated - - -

The list was an example to show approximately how much things will cost, not the complete list of all available corruptions.
    Depends on what class and what one is best for them and spec so yeah i can buy 2 to 3 depending on what toon i play that will up my healing or tanking or dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Applaud the idea of targeting specific corruptions.

Essence changes, drop # and cost increases, was completely pointless and worthless. Changing both drops AND costs by the same amount results in ZERO change to acquisition speed. It will take EXACTLY as long as before to grind the echoes for any essence.
    What was the point of that again?

Quote Originally Posted by JMitchy96 View Post
    Can't those be obtained from every section of a vision though? Ergo one run?
    The whole point of this change was to catch up alts or new characters. A new character can not do all 4 sections in one run.

And we're getting nowhere - you're still stuck on "nothing is a waste of time if it gives an upgrade" and I'm stuck on, "It's a game, I want it to be fun".

Obviously whether it's fun is subjective, but I cannot for the life of me wrap my head around how anyone could find the Nazjatar content fun right now. It's completely trivial.
    No, you're not getting it. Not having the Nazjatar essence does not preclude you from doing any of the content you're deciding is "fun". It's not like BC and you have to do Nazjatar to "attune" for Ny'alotha - you're literally only doing it because you want the "best" essence for that slot. In order to earn the "best" essence for that slot you have to turn up and complete the unlock requirements like everyone else did, except because you're doing it late you get to do it 25% faster than everyone else AND you don't have to get ganked all the time AND you can solo all the elites AND you can fly there etc etc etc... Get over yourself.

e:
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkynhalvos View Post
    Applaud the idea of targeting specific corruptions.

Essence changes, drop # and cost increases, was completely pointless and worthless. Changing both drops AND costs by the same amount results in ZERO change to acquisition speed. It will take EXACTLY as long as before to grind the echoes for any essence.
    What was the point of that again?
    Because people who had all the essences before couldn't farm echoes at all. I know of people who purposefully didn't buy their last essence so they could continue collecting, and therefore had ~20k echoes on reset day. If they left the acquisition amounts the same as pre-patch, the corruptions would have to cost 20% of what they currently do, so those people who stockpiled 20k echoes would be able to buy enough corruptions immediately to gear themselves for the rest of the expansion.
    Last edited by Nzx; 2020-05-21 at 02:05 AM.

They sure figured out that "coding" problem quickly.

Too bad it doesnt work on stock piled gear. Guess you'll just have to keep grinding! Sorry I mean playing*
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

So a solution to a problem they made in the first place? The cycle continues...