Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    If we're including past versions of the Alliance, meaning the Alliance of Lordaeron, I'd say putting the orcs in internment camps, but the alternative was executing them all... So, I mean, really which one would have been worse?

If we're talking about The Grand Alliance (Alliance post WC3TFT), then... I donno, the thing where the were forcing the pandaren to be laborers in the one zone in MoP maybe? Did leadership even know about that? I doubt it was sanctioned.

I'm sure whatever the most bad thing leadership sanctioned is, it was done by SI:7 in secret and we aren't privy to it.
    How? All Orcs on Azeroth at this points where war criminals who among other things voluntarily and happily participated in the Draenei Genocide? I mean, what is wrong with you? Do you also say that the state is wrong for imprisoning a serial killer because this poor little serial killer?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tharivor View Post
    Even with such a retcon, its still a pogrom. Forcibly driving out all members of an ethnic group from their homes because of the actions of one individual is very much heinous; I don't think I need to list the countless real world examples to demonstrate that.

I mean if you play the Alliance side of the scenario its very explicit: those "fighting back" which you are told to kill include civilian shopkeepers who don't want to abandon their homes and livelihoods, a man trying to withdraw his money from the bank before he leaves, and the flight-masters who are providing the fleeing civilians a way to escape. I can't think of any way that would not be classified as unjustified murder.
    They were not an ethnic group though, but a political organization as well as a militia allied with a militaristic fantasy-fascist regime, who commited treason by supporting an enemy of the state they were living. Not to forget that we are trying about a population which one time conned humans into summoning the burning legion on Azeroth and afterwards tried to do it themselves. I mean, the Blood Elves have kind of a culture of terrorism which dates back to the days after the sundering, when they commited acts of terrorism against the new night elf nation. I mean, yeah, if a shop keeper who is also a member of a known and hostile terrorist organization barricades himself into his shop and attacks authorities who are entering it, they get killed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrysis View Post
    Wasn't the torture and burning of Vulpera legally sanctioned?
    Nada they removed it on PTR. Never made it live.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    note: "legally" implies an organization knowingly or sanctioning something evulz. So, say, Thrall as the boss tells Sylvanas to NOT do this thing but she does so to him not knowing, that's not really the Horde's thing. Garrosh and Theramore bombing? That was 100% legal and EVUL.

So with that in mind, what is the most HORRIFIC thing the Alliance has done with an A-Okay from its governments?
    OP u need to define your scale. For example:

Evil as in "faction did bad stuff but it doesn't have lasting impact or shock value"
    Not paying the stone masons.
    Bombing the trolls on the island.

Evil as in "set fire to a city and killing civilians"
    Yea.....they dont really have much unless you want to count Arthas' at stratholme which would be a reach

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StaeleAilar View Post
    Were any of these sanctioned by the leadership of the alliance though?

I'm not sure about the goblin ships one (genuinely don't know, but i know it happened), Purge of Dalaran was by Jaina and Vereesa's factions within the Kirin Tor (and supposedly happened at a time where Varian was trying to bring the Belves back to the alliance - therefore i don't know that this would count as being sanctioned by the leaders either).
    As for Turajo, unless im mistaken, didn't most of them die to the quillboar or whatever when they ran towards RFK, after the alliance soldiers were told to create gaps for the civilians to run through?

Technically all of the actions are bad, but im really not sure any of them were sanctioned by anyone speaking for the alliance.
    Purge was done by jaina in the name of Kirin tor. Varian never authorized it.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

The problem is the creation of the "high king" position essentially removes any culpability or potential for alliance leaders to act alone, resultantly anything not explicitly sanctioned by varian or anduin is not an alliance act.
    Theoretically, the horde should enjoy this protection too because of it's political makeup but the horde has had sylvanas and garrosh which was a double whoopsie.

But this just weaves back into my first post about the alliance being written as reactive lawful boring so they never even get a chance to do anything wrong.
    Last edited by Saltysquidoon; 2020-05-19 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Manariel View Post
    Actually, Alliance side the guy at the bank is said to try and rob it before high-tailing. And I think the others are also depicted as kind of shady ? I need to do this questline again...
    It is explicitly said that we are only killing those that have taken up arms and try to kill us, twice. Jaina has already teleported anyone away that did not attack.

And well, it might be Jaina and the Alliance doing the purging in the end, but who is responsible for it?
    1) Garrosh for abusing the Kirin Tor's neutrality to transport his new WMD
    2) Aethas for knowing this and not alerting the rest of the Kirin Tor, despite very well knowing what Garrosh did with the last WMD he got his hands on.

Was Jaina supposed to just ignore this direct threat to thousands of lifes because of Dalarans neutrality? Was she supposed to sit by while the Horde made a mockery of said neutrality? Patiently waiting for the next bomb to blow up? I guess the Horde playerbase would love that.
    It's the old song, the Horde just wants to see the Alliance on the same level they are at, while it is quite clear that all offensive action of the Alliance follows some or another atrocity the Horde commited.

So as for the thread title question. I guess the Stonespires count, but then that was the League of Explorers, not the Alliance. But I guess that would be nitpicking. Apart from that I cannot think of anything evil or heinous the Alliance has done.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    The problem is the creation of the "high king" position essentially removes any culpability or potential for alliance leaders to act alone, resultantly anything not explicitly sanctioned by varian or anduin is not an alliance act.
    Theoretically, the horde should enjoy this protection too because of it's political makeup but the horde has had sylvanas and garrosh which was a double whoopsie.

But this just weaves back into my first post about the alliance being written as reactive lawful boring so they never even get a chance to do anything wrong.
    except that whenever they do you get a million people defending them.

The alliance is basically the US at this point

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    That happened before Varian went missing, that one was on him.

- - - Updated - - -

Shaw considers the modern Horde, like Baine and Thrall, responsible for Llane Wrynn's death.
    not sure if varian was there or not,wasnt it the varian clone?either way,it was opnyxias doing and the nobles that were tricked by her

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Allowing the Horde to survive multiple times and basically opening themselves to more War and tragedies.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Not wiping the Orcs off the face of the planet when they had the chance. They should have just genocided them all into oblivion and most issues would have been resolved. But failing to do so is big rip. Also "legally" is a stupid word to use in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    judging by your replies, the biggest fanatic of either faction in this thread seems to be you. calm down before you have a heart attack, friend.
    I will NOT be silenced by the horde propaganda !

(im joking btw i play horde lol)

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    well even that can be argued that it was all a trick by onyxia ploting against them,its not like baby anduin or bolvar decided to be dicks and not pay them
    Even if it WAS a trick, after it was discovered, they could have made some massive payments to the stonemasons to smooth things over instead of raiding deadmines and killing everyone. Oh, someone stole $500,000 from you and put it in my account - they were really awful people but I guess I'll just keep the money and kill you anyway.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Dont you love how Alliance fanboys just forgot and deleted all records of the almighty nazi Hitler alliance general Garithos?

Quote Originally Posted by FestiveBen View Post
    Could be argued that that's still absolutely awful. Those caravans were the only things keeping the Vulpera alive in the middle of a desert, they effectively sentenced the Vulpera to death by dehydration/exposure.
    to be fair the world would be a better place if all vulpera were eradicated

well even that can be argued that it was all a trick by onyxia ploting against them,its not like baby anduin or bolvar decided to be dicks and not pay them
    But the nobles of Stormwind did decide to. They may have been encouraged by Onyxia, but they chose to go along with it. And later on they chose to ignore Westfall's problems. Stormwind's nobility are a bunch of dicks, and should be stripped of their wealth and made to work for a living at something hard and unpleasant, like digging rocks out of fields.

Quote Originally Posted by Josyel View Post
    Dont you love how Alliance fanboys just forgot and deleted all records of the almighty nazi Hitler alliance general Garithos?
    ah you mean the lordaeron guy of the people that are now horde?hahaha,also what he did was betray the elves,he didnt atempt MULTIPLE genosides and child burnings,nice try doe

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    ah you mean the lordaeron guy of the people that are now horde?hahaha,also what he did was betray the elves,he didnt atempt MULTIPLE genosides and child burnings,nice try doe
    It's the only one they got, that and tAuRajO.

Quote Originally Posted by Josyel View Post
    "Almighty nazi Hitler" when all he did was try to exterminate 15% of the blood elves after they disobeyed his orders, kek. Melodramatic, much?

Besides, it's not us who forgot about Garithos, it's Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Lol now I wonder how long a Horde version of this thread would be.
    It'd make maaaaybe two pages and then either would be bombed to hell by the Horde's PR team here, or locked as non-productive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    It's the only one they got, that and tAuRajO.
    na they also think they got arthas and proly hogger,he was on aliance soil doing bad stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    We can only hope they play into his fandom characterization for future releases. The guy just comes across as a bit of a dope.
    To be honest, I really like Umbric as a sort of "proto-communist" but I wouldn't want him to turn full Soviet on us. Him trying - and kind of failing probably - to create a more equal elven society would be really cool to watch, I think. That and him actually, I don't know... traveling to Netherstorm to pilfer the Ethereal eco-domes and the researches of the Sunfury regarding the Void, uh, Blizzard !?

Quote Originally Posted by Talrath View Post
    Cataclysme garrosh was in my opinion the best one, but in MoP they just ruined him. In cataclysme you can see that he condemns the bombing of a druidisme academy and kills the general for it.
    And was going to kill the player (who was one of the whistleblowers) as part of the cover-up. His anger wasn't about the action being wrong, so much as about it making him and 'his' Horde look bad.

And then, during the invasion of the Twilight Highlands (whose inhabitants hadn't done anything to justify being invaded at the time) he was okay with one of his bodyguards smacking his senior admiral for giving advance Garrosh didn't agree with. Then Garrosh's actions nearly got him killed and did get his fleet wrecked and most of his soldiers and sailors killed. Did he in any way admit he'd made a mistake? Nope. Frankly, treating a high-status Goblin like that, and not paying them off after, he's lucky he didn't die to a knife in the back long before the events of Siege of Orgrimmar.