Page 1 of 20
... LastLast

What's the most EVIL or heinous thing the Alliance has legally done?

note: "legally" implies an organization knowingly or sanctioning something evulz. So, say, Thrall as the boss tells Sylvanas to NOT do this thing but she does so to him not knowing, that's not really the Horde's thing. Garrosh and Theramore bombing? That was 100% legal and EVUL.

So with that in mind, what is the most HORRIFIC thing the Alliance has done with an A-Okay from its governments?

Thread Warnings:
    As per normal for these types of threads, this thread needs to settle back down. Also try to keep to the topic of the thread, which isn't about the general faction conflict but specifically about "evil" things the Alliance has purportedly done. General Alliance vs. Horde type rhetoric isn't conducive to this topic.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-05-20 at 05:57 PM.

Each one of them being born.

letting the horde scum live after anihilating them 3 times r was it 4?you tend to lose count

5+ Year Old Account
    Ummmm....damn idk.

The Alliance has never done anything wrong in its entire history either legal or illegal.
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

The greatest crime is that they could have ended the horde, but choose not to.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    note: "legally" implies an organization knowingly or sanctioning something evulz. So, say, Thrall as the boss tells Sylvanas to NOT do this thing but she does so to him not knowing, that's not really the Horde's thing. Garrosh and Theramore bombing? That was 100% legal and EVUL.

So with that in mind, what is the most HORRIFIC thing the Alliance has done with an A-Okay from its governments?
    Not paying those stonemasons....it would've prevented Tiffin's death and prevented Westfall's population from being terrorized by a a organization of inventive cutthroats.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Not paying those stonemasons....it would've prevented Tiffin's death and prevented Westfall's population from being terrorized by a a organization of inventive cutthroats.
    well even that can be argued that it was all a trick by onyxia ploting against them,its not like baby anduin or bolvar decided to be dicks and not pay them

10+ Year Old Account
    If we're including past versions of the Alliance, meaning the Alliance of Lordaeron, I'd say putting the orcs in internment camps, but the alternative was executing them all... So, I mean, really which one would have been worse?

If we're talking about The Grand Alliance (Alliance post WC3TFT), then... I donno, the thing where the were forcing the pandaren to be laborers in the one zone in MoP maybe? Did leadership even know about that? I doubt it was sanctioned.

I'm sure whatever the most bad thing leadership sanctioned is, it was done by SI:7 in secret and we aren't privy to it.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2020-05-19 at 05:35 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    well even that can be argued that it was all a trick by onyxia ploting against them,its not like baby anduin or bolvar decided to be dicks and not pay them
    True enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    If we're including past versions of the Alliance, meaning the Alliance of Lordaeron, I'd say putting the orcs in internment camps, but the alternative was executing them all... So, I mean, really which one would have been worse?

If we're talking about The Grand Alliance (Alliance post WC3TFT), then... I donno, the thing where the were forcing the pandaren to be laborers in the one zone in MoP maybe? Did leadership even know about that? I doubt it was sanctioned.
    its always amusing when horde fanatics bring this up as a point AGAINST aliance,they had no ways of sending them back to outlands,so housing them to make sure they arent a danger anymore was the most moral thing to do,but ofc for horde fanatics doing that is LITERALY worse than the horde comiting multiple genosides and burning babies alive

Orc Internment Camps, or Massacre of Tamp Taurajo

Wasn't the torture and burning of Vulpera legally sanctioned?

10+ Year Old Account
    its always amusing when horde fanatics bring this up as a point AGAINST aliance,they had no ways of sending them back to outlands,so housing them to make sure they arent a danger anymore was the most moral thing to do,but ofc for horde fanatics doing that is LITERALY worse than the horde comiting multiple genosides and burning babies alive
    Yup... I mean, what do they expect, for the Alliance leadership to just let them go, after they sacked Stormwind, dozens of cities and towns, murdered untold numbers of civilians, women, children, and killed who knows how many thousands of soldiers in an unprovoked war?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scrysis View Post
    Wasn't the torture and burning of Vulpera legally sanctioned?
    I don't recall any torture, and weren't the NPCs only lighting them on fire on the PTR? I don't remember that making it live... All I remember was them burning the wagons while the Vulpera fled.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Orc Internment Camps

The alternative was executing them all, so... I mean, this was really the best option they had at the time.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

The alternative was executing them all, so... I mean, this was really the best option they had at the time.
    Regardless of it being the best option at the time or not, the camps were still horrible and there was a lot less consideration given to them than could have at the time - the camps were still brutal and especially inhumane. The same could be said for the Culling of Stratholme. The action they went with may have been their best choice or not, but the grim reality was that it still sucked.

letting the horde scum live after anihilating them 3 times r was it 4?you tend to lose count
    3 times. After the second war, after MoP, and BFA.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't recall any torture, and weren't the NPCs only lighting them on fire on the PTR? I don't remember that making it live... All I remember was them burning the wagons while the Vulpera fled.
    Could be argued that that's still absolutely awful. Those caravans were the only things keeping the Vulpera alive in the middle of a desert, they effectively sentenced the Vulpera to death by dehydration/exposure.

3+ Year Old Account
    Killing Rastakhan? And invading Dazar'alor
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

judging by your replies, the biggest fanatic of either faction in this thread seems to be you. calm down before you have a heart attack, friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FestiveBen View Post
    Could be argued that that's still absolutely awful. Those caravans were the only things keeping the Vulpera alive in the middle of a desert, they effectively sentenced the Vulpera to death by dehydration/exposure.
    I'll argue they should have known the risks when they accepted a contract to transport weapons during a major war for one of the warring factions, and then used their homes to do it.

That being said, it's not like that was all of them, I'm sure they could share wagons with others until theirs could be rebuilt, live in caves, tents, or just get transport to another, more hospitable zone, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Killing Rastakhan? And invading Dazar'alor
    Can easily argue it was a legitimate military target.

Ras chose willingly to let the Horde use his capital city as a staging ground from which to conduct wartime operations against a foreign government. Someone like him should have known the risks inherent in that... He invited the war into his home.