MTG Arena Open Tournament with Cash Prizes

So I have to admit I have been playing more Hearthstone than Magic Arena lately (The current mechanics and meta in Magic feel a bit slow a clunky for my personal taste) but I just noticed that they are going to introduce their first open online cash tournament https://www.reddit.com/r/spikes/comm...ent_with_cash/

In Summary you can enter with in game currency which is free to obtain (you can also buy currency to enter with) and you basically have to go 7 wins in a pre-constructed arena, with as many goes as you can afford. Complete this to get a token to a second day with a single chance to enter a Bo3 pre-constructed arena with 6 wins granting you $1000 and $2000 for 7 wins. I'm intrigued but will probably give it a miss as I think I could probably, with a little luck, get the first day token in a couple of tries, but I don't really enjoy Bo3 and would most probably struggle to even get a couple of wins on day 2.

What do you think could be the pitfalls for this type of event? it will certainly be interesting to see how it pans out.

Do you think Hearthstone devs will be watching and tempted to try something similar? Personally I wouldn't mind seeing something, maybe just Bo1 and a smaller cash prize but I doubt to see Blizzard giving out cash for open online events.
    Last edited by caractacus; 2020-05-19 at 06:15 PM.

By looking at the $20 entry fee, I would not surprise the company makes money at the end.

You have to win 7 games twice to get that $2000.