Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    This s why my friends and I play dual-role classes.

If someone wants to be a fuckstick, they're more than welcome to get kicked, have one of us swap to fill if its a tank or healer, and we will still finish on time.

Quote Originally Posted by Unsubnl View Post
    So this happened in my +10 today. +10 so not a 15 or something actually difficult but just a 10. We killed first boss easy and finishing it with the group should have been easy.

And after that the group went to shit of course. Not had this happen before and i have been playing WoW for a very very long time. So if you this guy and you think like me that he is the biggest ass in history be sure to avoid him.

I copy pasted in here but i have the screenshots of the actual conversation if anyone needs them for science :P

- unsub
    This particular hissy fit isn't even in the top 10,000 leaderboards for being toxic, but I can guarantee you he's done worse things.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by ID811717 View Post
    Weird to see multiple people here calling the mage shit for admitting to having technical problems, which could probably be fixed in less than a minute, and has close to 0 impact on timing a low key.

There are multiple reasons for your UI to get fucked: transfer between realms, a major Blizzard patch, or just a regular addon update going wrong. And sometimes it's hard to notice (especially with the latter - I don't do full test of my UI after a daily addon update). You haven't played the game much if that never happened to you at one point or another.
    So first things first, I was joking about the fact the op is clearly the mage's sock puppet because he was booty blasted a random shittalked him.

Secondly, if any of those major things happened and you just randomly decided to hope into m+ before you noticed you couldn't dps that would still be on the mage.*

*not that i am advocating being toxic in any way (nor was I at any point).

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanu View Post
    no there are far worse and from the looks of it you were pretty eager to respond instead of focusing on the instance
    If you had actually read the post, you'd have seen they weren't "eager to respond". "From the looks of it", you were probably the person trying to ruin the key because you didnt want the mage to take a few seconds to fix their keybinds.

I think my most toxic experience was a leveling group in Uldaman. I was leveling a mage as arcane and spamming Arcane explosion more or less 90% of the time, because it was the highest damage for all the trash packs. obviously did single target on bosses. I was one of only 2 people with Heirlooms, and was more or less doing around 70% of the entire groups damage from start to kick. Yes, Kick.

Our tank told me to stop using Arcane explosion, why? Because itw as too noisy for him, and he didn't like it. So when I refused to stop, I got kicked, even though I tried to explain why I was doing it... Sadly, the sheep mentality of players meant everyone just clicked yes. I was not being a prick, I didn't ninja pull, I just calmly told him that it was my only real AoE spell, and that I was doing so and so much of the group's damage, and didn't want to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Tavin View Post
    Youre equally as toxic by posting this.

Also, if someone made me wait cause of their "keybinds" I would kick you as well.
    Next time someone wants a food buff, you should kick them. It takes just as long as fixing a couple keybinds. If you can be bothered waiting 10 sec for one, you cant be bothered waiting 10 sec for the other

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seratox View Post
    This s why my friends and I play dual-role classes.

If someone wants to be a fuckstick, they're more than welcome to get kicked, have one of us swap to fill if its a tank or healer, and we will still finish on time.
    Yeah. I'd rather wait another 5-10 minutes for a tank that isnt toxic trash who is going to dip out after he causes the first wipe. No need to boost him when there are other tanks around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spalernTJ View Post
    I think my most toxic experience was a leveling group in Uldaman. I was leveling a mage as arcane and spamming Arcane explosion more or less 90% of the time, because it was the highest damage for all the trash packs. obviously did single target on bosses. I was one of only 2 people with Heirlooms, and was more or less doing around 70% of the entire groups damage from start to kick. Yes, Kick.

Our tank told me to stop using Arcane explosion, why? Because itw as too noisy for him, and he didn't like it. So when I refused to stop, I got kicked, even though I tried to explain why I was doing it... Sadly, the sheep mentality of players meant everyone just clicked yes. I was not being a prick, I didn't ninja pull, I just calmly told him that it was my only real AoE spell, and that I was doing so and so much of the group's damage, and didn't want to stop.
    I'm sorry, but I actually had a good laugh at that! I've been there, back in Cata, I was kicked after a wipe on LFR Madness after a Mage said he died to Melee (He got smoked by an Elementium Bolt to the face), and that I should have "Swam to tank Deathwing."
    Last edited by Ryuda; 2020-05-24 at 05:53 PM.
    so Warlords of Draenor is /'woɹː.loɹːdz ʌv 'ɖɹæːn.oɹː/.
    I've always loved how in an attempt to make pronunciation through text easier to understand people have created a seemingly alien cypher for which few people without a degree related to language would ever been able to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    Thread about "most toxic person ever" with no racism, sexism, or even profanity in the quotes. I'm going to say no.

- - - Updated - - -

You could have issues with your keybinds if the character was an alt, you changed from arcane to fire, or perhaps you were set up for PvP with abilities on your bar that don't exist outside of PvP. I'm not saying it was right for the guy to go into the group unprepared, but stuff happens. People make mistakes.
    Or the guy was straight up garbage and had to make an excuse for it.

As OP delicately missed out all the details from the post I will go with my version.

10+ Year Old Account
    The whole issue is compounding. Toxic players don't know how to efficiently express their disappointment in others without slandering. It's okay to point out where someone is under-performing, just as long as you provide feedback and advice. When I see someone is under-performing in a dungeon with me, I'll look at the meters and whisper them that certain abilities are being underutilized or not used at all. Most of the time people appreciate the feedback and very rarely I get the snobby response of mind your own business. I don't like toxic players, but I'll take a toxic player over a bad player any time of the day. Bad players make WoW a boring game, period. I won't slander someone who is bad, never. I'll give them advice and link them guides and it's up to them whether they choose to improve or remain the same. Atleast a toxic player will try their best, whereas a bad player will under-perform and possibly not even care.

If you're not good at the game and you know it or you suspect that you're not very good, please for the love of all that is good in this world, do a favor for yourself and others, and read up on a guide. Try to make progress and become a better player by understanding your class and how to play it. If you don't care about how well you play, then don't do group content. It's selfish to engage in group content, especially when you know you're under-performing. Obviously this isn't directed at others who have physical/mental disabilities that hinder their performance, but to those types of players, just try your best. Everyone has access to guides, they're free. Utilize them and practice your rotations and the WoW community will prosper.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    The whole issue is compounding. Toxic players don't know how to efficiently express their disappointment in others without slandering.
    Even if players say something insulting about mistakes, if it's just a quick one off lashing then it's easy to brush off. The problem is when people go on massive tirades on incredibly minor things, like wasting 5 minutes to drill into someone what a retard they are because they fucked up a specific strat that would shave off 30 seconds.

I don't like toxic players, but I'll take a toxic player over a bad player any time of the day. Bad players make WoW a boring game, period. I won't slander someone who is bad, never. I'll give them advice and link them guides and it's up to them whether they choose to improve or remain the same. Atleast a toxic player will try their best, whereas a bad player will under-perform and possibly not even care.
    As long as under-performing players are acknowledging and owning their mistakes it doesn't really affect me, after all I have no idea if they're just having an off day or what. My big issue is with bad players who don't accept they made mistakes and try to make ridiculous excuses or, even worse, try to blame someone else.

If you don't care about how well you play, then don't do group content. It's selfish to engage in group content, especially when you know you're under-performing
    That largely depends on what the content is and what the group's expectations are. A player underperforming in the 15+ key region has a much different weight to players underperforming in 1-10 range.

i mean its a 10....but usualy people doing 10's are there for gear,so its pretty important to them to time it pretty good,so if you come in there with ''messed up keybinds'' i tottaly understand why hes mad....

granted we need more context here,just how much of a detriment were you?how long did it take??if you were basicaly dead dps than yeah,i can see why hes mad...he may be getting a little to angry,but that not even in the top 10 most toxic situations
    Last edited by deenman; 2020-05-24 at 09:23 PM.

I wouldn't want to waste my time either in a group like that, I'd probably leave as well

But I wouldn't trash talk, I'd just leave BEFORE the key started so I could e replaced.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unsubnl View Post
    So this happened in my +10 today. +10 so not a 15 or something actually difficult but just a 10. We killed first boss easy and finishing it with the group should have been easy.

[x]: not sure whats up with my keybinds

[y]: wtf
    [y]: is this trash mage

[x]:my keybindings are mseed up
    [x]: 1 sec

[y]: kick him pls
    [y]: lets finish 4

[x]: wow so toxic

[y]: im not boosting this mage
    [y]: kick him
    [y]:or i leave
    [y]: hello?
    [y]: kick him

[Unsubmonk]: lets see if he can fix it

[y]: i give u 1 min
    [y]:and then i leave

[x]: holy shit
    [x]: gl with this
    [x]: i dont even wanna play witht his guy
    [x]: so toxic XD

And after that the group went to shit of course. Not had this happen before and i have been playing WoW for a very very long time. So if you this guy and you think like me that he is the biggest ass in history be sure to avoid him.

I copy pasted in here but i have the screenshots of the actual conversation if anyone needs them for science :P

- unsub
    why is the mage going in with messed up keybinds? sort that shit out before you start man

situations like these occurs because players who have completly diffrent outlooks on the game are being bunched together in the same group.

This is why we need more tools like raider.io

So that players more easily can differantiate who is pushing and who is just slacking.

So that slackers can play with slackers, and pushers can play with other pushers. Mixing them up is just a recepie for disaster. Raider.io and ilvl doesnt give nearly enoug information to go on. We need some sort of dps index score...
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Lol there are so many toxic players. Just yesterday I was in a N'Zoth aotc run. We had a DK who:

1. Went in the wrong portal group 2 attempts in a row, fucking up group balance and as a result lowering damage boss took.
    2. In the second of these attempts, got paranoia and ran on top of the tank, losing corruption until he went insane, died and got rezzed.
    3. Later in the same attempt, moved about 4 seconds early when dropping his pool on the last phase, resulting in a poorly placed pool that caused several players to die/go insane.

The raid leader kicked him after this truly epic failure of an attempt, and he then stayed in the instance, repeatedly yelling "SUCK MY DICK" while pulling the boss over and over again so that he didn't get kicked out. We had to leave, reset the instance, then killed the boss on the next attempt.

Toxicity is everywhere. In m+ it sucks because m+ has a terrible design that makes it extremely punishing on mistakes, in raiding it's usually just funny.

- - - Updated - - -
    Was his name, Akillars by any chance? Definitely sounds like him.
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/onlyjoshintv
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...7AE0NG5sjbjYPw

Content centres around Lost Ark currently

I had a friend that was super toxic. I mostly tolerated it, but I did get mad over him blowing a key over behavior alone. It was a low key, he was tanking. We easily blew through it, we had 10 deaths and were still had more than enough time to make 3 chests. We had two full wipes - both from the healer going dead OOM. We got multiple warnings on both wipes, but he kept pulling, we didn't drop combat from the first warnings till we died 3 pulls later. On both wipes. Nobody said anything after the first wipe, we just went right back to the crazy pace.
    After the second wipe, the healer finally said something and the tank blows up about the healer being terrible and "good healers know how to manage their mana" and other crap.

This was right at end of the dungeon, healer got pissed and dropped group, we couldn't kill the final boss with no healer, and it killed the key even though the timer was still 3 chest range at final boss.

And then I got to hear for days afterward about how "toxic" the player was. I still don't know what the hell his definition of toxic is, but mine is "players you don't want to play with because of their behavior and attitude", and he's the one that rings all the bells when that comes to mind.

Toxic ever? No way. Not by a long shot. I'd almost say this is mild.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    While of course I don't condone being aggressive and abusive in general, there IS a valid complaint about someone who joins an M+ group with screwed-up keybinds
    If you addapt (quickly change them or re-learn them) then you should be fine.

My first +10 a few days ago I healed the dungeon with 20 new keybinds, sure it was wonky at the beginning, but we only had 1 death. I did let them know from the start and they were fine with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    We need some sort of dps index score...
    We already have, warcraftlogs supports dungeons for years now so if you actually cared about it you could only play with players parsing good.
    Last edited by Twdft; 2020-05-25 at 05:29 AM.

it's not toxic. its just being a retard.