Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Best Frost corruptions?

Now that corruption vendors are going live, what corruptions does a Frost DK want on their gear?

Thanks buddies.

ST; Stars and severe
    AoE; TD and Honed mind (and severe)

Quote Originally Posted by HailToTheKing View Post
    Now that corruption vendors are going live, what corruptions does a Frost DK want on their gear?

Thanks buddies.
    To my knowledge, Infinite stars r3 but if you cannot get it, then twisted appendage r3 will work.
    Or you can just stack void ritual 3 because the secondary stats.
    Anything else besides those is incredibly inferior outside of Twilight devastation for AE.

Severe is bad period, you're better off with Honed if you can't get anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Broflake View Post
    To my knowledge, Infinite stars r3 but if you cannot get it, then twisted appendage r3 will work.
    Anything else besides those is incredibly inferior outside of Twilight devastation for AE.

Severe is bad period, you're better off with Honed if you can't get anything else.
    According to Bloodmallet, Severe sims almost as high as TD for AoE per corruption rating, and looks good for ST as well, so I was considering stacking it. Are you saying it performs worse than the sims would suggest?

Quote Originally Posted by boz0 View Post
    According to Bloodmallet, Severe sims almost as high as TD for AoE per corruption rating, and looks good for ST as well, so I was considering stacking it. Are you saying it performs worse than the sims would suggest?
    You may still have it set to patchwerk, when you shift it to add cleave, TD r3 is so far above everything else it is not even considered.
    As for ST, void ritual 3 puts everything outside of infinite stars 3 down.

The main reason is because severe increases your crit by 12% for all sources, but you would need a MASSIVE amount of crit to make it worth it since remember its increasing your total secondary by 12% of its value.
    On the other hand, Void ritual 3 will give you above and beyond that 12% increased crit rating in its stats alone.

Now I won't claim to be the master of all theory, so if you wish to triple check, I highly recommend asking the Acherus discord but I think they may have come to the same conclusion.
    Bicepumps is also really knowledgeable and he sits on the official forums. Just @ him and he will answer

You may still have it set to patchwerk, when you shift it to add cleave, TD r3 is so far above everything else it is not even considered.
    As for ST, void ritual 3 puts everything outside of infinite stars 3 down.
    I think you're looking at the raw dps graph, not the dps per corruption rating.
    For AoE, TD (1st) sims at 176 dps per corruption and Severe is second at 166.
    For ST, Gushing Wound (pre nerf) maxes out at 160, then Infinite Stars at 130 and Severe at 115.

So assuming a non-infinite supply of echoes of ny'alotha, buying a few Severe 3 corruptions sounds good.
    Incidentally, I checked the class discord since my first post, and yeah, severe seems the way to go when playing icecap.

I think you're looking at the raw dps graph, not the dps per corruption rating.
    For AoE, TD (1st) sims at 176 dps per corruption and Severe is second at 166.
    For ST, Gushing Wound (pre nerf) maxes out at 160, then Infinite Stars at 130 and Severe at 115.

So assuming a non-infinite supply of echoes of ny'alotha, buying a few Severe 3 corruptions sounds good.
    Incidentally, I checked the class discord since my first post, and yeah, severe seems the way to go when playing icecap.
    Ah you're running according to DPS per corruption? I normally ignore it primarily because DK's completely cheese corruption mechanics with their entire kit.
    I also wasn't considering the ice cap build, that would certainly push severe up quite a bit given the emphasis on crit for ice cap build due to increased weight for crit.
    How is it weighing compared to VR? To myknowledge, VR's even without 3 peeps should be outpacing severes.

You don't even need to specifically run Icecap for Severe to be good for AoE. You're still FSc spamming during and between BoS phases in AoE scenarios, and that alone is a reason Crit is highly valued in AoE; Icecap having it's own Crit synergy is icing on the cake.

Ah you're running according to DPS per corruption? I normally ignore it primarily because DK's completely cheese corruption mechanics with their entire kit.
    Just came back to say this is some of the dumbest argument I've seen in a while.

Pretty insane not to use dps/corruption as the primary evaluation in general considering 60+ is generally unplayable on any content where you need to actually concentrate on mechanics and 40+ is already a risk. And it's certainly possible to build a set within the proper range of 25-39(59).

Aside from that I don't even think frost dk has a particularly good tool for surviving corruption. You're melee so leaving the eye isn't always an option, your only cc against the delusion has to be specced into, only works when facing the opponent and is on the gcd.

severe is the crit one right? aint alot of crit pretty good for frost?

Severe and Honed Mind if you want steady increase and don't pray for TD rng.

Running TD R3 +R2 on DK.. Can do some pretty insane pulls in Visions etc and just delete groups.

Due to the lack of ability to obtain this corruption it is not mentioned but with the implementation of the vendor stacking Oozing is BiS with Frost Whelp Az Trait enabled as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatbeaverlol View Post
    severe is the crit one right? aint alot of crit pretty good for frost?
    Honestly had to make an account just because the misinformation in here hurts, but you're correct. It's literally the best corruption you can buy alongside Expedient if you're running Icecap. You're shooting for at least 50% Crit and 30-40% Haste generally if you're trying to max out DPS.

If you're running BoS it's Masterful and Honed Mind, while PVP is probably a mix of Masterful and Versatile since the nerf instead of full Versatile.

Quote Originally Posted by HeyitsKit View Post
    Honestly had to make an account just because the misinformation in here hurts, but you're correct. It's literally the best corruption you can buy alongside Expedient if you're running Icecap. You're shooting for at least 50% Crit and 30-40% Haste generally if you're trying to max out DPS.

If you're running BoS it's Masterful and Honed Mind, while PVP is probably a mix of Masterful and Versatile since the nerf instead of full Versatile.
    Thanks this will help.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatbeaverlol View Post
    Thanks this will help.
    No worries, if you’re looking for more in-depth info I’d suggest joining the Acherus DK discord. There’s a ton of info and they test this stuff pretty regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by HeyitsKit View Post
    No worries, if you’re looking for more in-depth info I’d suggest joining the Acherus DK discord. There’s a ton of info and they test this stuff pretty regularly.
    Will do thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Just came back to say this is some of the dumbest argument I've seen in a while.

... blablabla ...

Bla ... I don't even think frost dk has a particularly good tool for surviving corruption ... blabla ... your only cc against the delusion has to be specced into, only works when facing the opponent and is on the gcd.
    Hahah, you wanna talk about some dumb stuff?

How about the fact you consider Asphyx to be your only defence against delusion? How about AMS and Cloak? Hell, even chains and IBF can do a great job if you can judge the situations properly. Not to mention you can also pick Permafrost/Death Pact.

How's that for dumb stuff pal?

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    Hahah, you wanna talk about some dumb stuff?

How about the fact you consider Asphyx to be your only defence against delusion? How about AMS and Cloak? Hell, even chains and IBF can do a great job if you can judge the situations properly. Not to mention you can also pick Permafrost/Death Pact.

How's that for dumb stuff pal?
    I'm not sure why you mention cloak as that is available to every spec in the game. AMS is nice for soaking a Thing From Beyond/preventing eye stacks, but I wouldn't exactly call it reliable as it's an ability you generally also use to counter encounter mechanics. Using AMS to counter a corruption effect could possibly mean you won't have it available to counter a raid mechanic, thus losing out on damage or uptime essentially nullifying the damage gain from having more corrupted gear.

Relying on chains seems very counterproductive as the point of stacking high corruption is to do more dmg, and by doing this you'd lose your CH stacks on nothing. IBF I also wouldn't consider reliable, but as you said it can be used to mitigate some of the damage if you can't avoid it. WW is nearly mandatory in current raiding just to keep up with other classes and be able to get out of stuff (especially with the god awful corruption slow) so I wouldn't necessarily consider Permafrost/Death Pact as "viable" counters to high corruption.

DKs sure have tools to manage the negative aspects of corruption stacking, but it is nothing like a hunter FD'ing or trapping/a mage using Frost Nova as those abilities are actual utility and not part of their general defensive toolkit in raid settings.

Anyways, as was mentioned there's a lot of misinformation going on in this thread. In short, no, IS is not worth going for in pretty much any practical setting, VR isn't particularly good, TD is decent for visions and dungeons. Severe & Expedient > anything else for Icecap, Masterful/Honed Mind for BoS. As stated by others, please join the DK discord for proper information based on sims and experience instead of the feelycraft stuff communicated here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihiel View Post
    (especially with the god awful corruption slow)
    You know, that as a dk you cannot be slowed below 70% of normal speed, regardless of actual slow value from corruption? Corruption slow for dk just does not exist at all.