Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Preserved Contaminants Now Available For Purchase

Preserved Contaminants Now Available For Purchase
    Preserved Contaminants are now available for purchase from MOTHER in the Chamber of Heart. These items will be available for purchase until May 22 at 8:00 PM Pacific Time in NA (May 23 at 9:00 PM CET in EU).

Available in this Rotation

Choosing Your Corruption
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Choosing Your Corruption

In addition to any unlocked Essences, MOTHER will now also offer several new Preserved Contaminants, which allow for a specific Corruption effect (and the associated Corruption penalty) to be applied to a selected item. The inventory of available Preserved Contaminants will change twice each week, mirroring the Assault cadence, and will cycle through all available Corruption effects at various levels of potency.

You can use a Preserved Contaminant to apply the Corruption you purchased to any uncorrupted item that can be Corrupted, much like an enchant.

Due to a technical limitation, items that have been cleansed cannot be re-corrupted. We are looking into whether it will be possible to fix this, but we don’t want to hold up the whole system in the meantime.

Gushing Wound Corruption Effect Reduction
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We’re working on a hotfix that will reduce the damage done by the Gushing Wound Corruption Effect by 35%. We expect to make this change with maintenance in each region next week, starting on May 26.

While we tend to only make changes like this in regular balance patch intervals, Gushing Wound is currently the most efficient of all Corruption Effects. When making changes to Corruption Effects, we previously decided to leave it as-is, because there is only one rank available and Gushing Wound is a rare and relatively difficult Corruption to acquire. However, with this week’s updates that make Corruption Effects available from MOTHER, we expect that stacking large amounts of Gushing Wound will be even more efficient than Infinite Stars, which has explicit downsides when multiple targets are present.

We’ll have the change outlined in our Hotfixes Update soon after it goes live next week.
    Last edited by Lumy; 2020-05-19 at 10:55 PM.

So letting mages get all the mastery % in the world and do insane amounts of dmg(already do with just 2-3 of them) is ok.But getting gw is not fine?But it was fine for all "high" pvpers who had 3-5 of em and did insane dmg for the past 2-3 months?Blizzard sucks every day even more its amazing

15+ Year Old Account
    wow seems like its getting too difficult to keep up with things...i was thinking about coming back and taking a break from classic but i feel like i wont know what to do to get the proper gear.

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    wow seems like its getting too difficult to keep up with things...i was thinking about coming back and taking a break from classic but i feel like i wont know what to do to get the proper gear.
    It doesn't matter anymore anyway cause it's end of expansion so unless you got a raid guild waiting on you or a m+ party it doesn't matter to keep up with your BiS essences or corruptions.
    In their defense if you played the previous expansion patches when they were relevant it would have made sense now without spitting through a guide, I mean if you wait till the last 5 months to play Shadowlands in the future you will probably be overwhelmed too.

Makes me laugh that they suddenly realise GW stacked is too strong but didn't do it until everyone could get it and it not be RNG? Now for haste for Chaos Bolts, Mage Mastery etc all to get nerfed too, thanks.

Having a Chaos Bolt cast at you in under the GCD is never fun. All corruptions need nerfing or just outright removing from arena honestly, but if they're changing one thing at least change the rest too.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2020-05-19 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Truelegacy View Post
    So letting mages get all the mastery % in the world and do insane amounts of dmg(already do with just 2-3 of them) is ok.But getting gw is not fine?But it was fine for all "high" pvpers who had 3-5 of em and did insane dmg for the past 2-3 months?Blizzard sucks every day even more its amazing
    You're comparing a class design issue with an item design issue. Apples and steel bearings.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Makes me laugh that they suddenly realise GW stacked is too strong but didn't do it until everyone could get it and it not be RNG? Now for haste for Chaos Bolts, Mage Mastery etc all to get nerfed too, thanks.

Having a Chaos Bolt cast at you in under the GCD is never fun. All corruptions need nerfing or just outright removing from arena honestly, but if they're changing one thing at least change the rest too.
    Well, it was so rare that they felt who cares?

Kinda like being concerned that Warglavies do OP damage when your chances at getting them are almost 0.

Now when its purchasable off a vendor...

Who cares at this point. This seasons mythic+ should be null and voided due to the absurd power scaling and inflation from corruptions.

So those ppl who spent millions millions to get their hands on gushing and get punished for it? I'm okay with not getting it and i understood it's rng/lottery but nerfing the fun cuz it's overpowering? Lol... okay

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    So those ppl who spent millions millions to get their hands on gushing and get punished for it? I'm okay with not getting it and i understood it's rng/lottery but nerfing the fun cuz it's overpowering? Lol... okay
    Good. When you are that stupid and desperate. Whst goes around comes around.

Honestly, the “good enough” gear level to just experience the main thoroughfare of the content remains accessible as ever. If you are overly ambitious beyond “random queue” level content, yes, interfacing with the community where they are manually assembling groups does put you in the rat race and subject to all the subjectivities of everyone’s personal value of their own time colliding toxically with each other, and that will force some deeper research on you... but literally none of that is remotely “mandatory.”

Quote Originally Posted by Truelegacy View Post
    Gonna do a full Haste build going for my SP... be like perma BL!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TorAndre View Post
    Good. When you are that stupid and desperate. Whst goes around comes around.
    Fuck them. Corruptions should've never been allowed on BoEs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Only 6 corruptions on sale and a surprising lack of rank 1s and 2s of the good melee ones. Typical blizzard, they just cannot let players access parts of their game without rampant time gating.
    What is it gonna take for them to make drastic changes to their design philosophy, christ.

Quote Originally Posted by sykretts View Post
    Only 6 corruptions on sale and a surprising lack of rank 1s and 2s of the good melee ones. Typical blizzard, they just cannot let players access parts of their game without rampant time gating.
    What is it gonna take for them to make drastic changes to their design philosophy, christ.
    I think its because the majority feel otherwise and/or its their design philosophy. I don't see the issue. Its such a minor issue when there is so much time for prepatch

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing still boggle my mind all these years. Why it takes this long for Blizzard to notice how bad things are? why not fucking fixing stuff from the get go before even implement them live? why not fucking using beta servers for that....I have been noticing this approach from Blizzard since the early history of WoW and previous expansions really.

So those ppl who spent millions millions to get their hands on gushing and get punished for it?
    People can do what they want with their in game money but this isn't a valid defence for things not being tuned.

Getting these early still meant you had a decent amount of time having an advantage in the respective content you were doing. If people felt that the short term gain didn't warrant the money they blew on it then that's completely their problem.

I don’t get why they have to nerf Gushing Wounds when specs like arms gets more dps per corruption from expedient than any other spec gets from Gushing Wounds.

Un the MDI BM hunters still did way more damage than Outlaw and DH even though they were able to stack gushing wounds.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2020-05-20 at 05:26 AM.

As someone else said it is that time where it really doesn't matter too much. I'm tempted to level another alt, just do world quests that are fun, LFR, and get ready for the next expansion.

But they aren’t being punished for it. 1). It’s been insanely strong since patch release. (2). They chose to spend that gold, knowing full well Blizzard could nerf it at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    One thing still boggle my mind all these years. Why it takes this long for Blizzard to notice how bad things are? why not fucking fixing stuff from the get go before even implement them live? why not fucking using beta servers for that....I have been noticing this approach from Blizzard since the early history of WoW and previous expansions really.
    Simple :
    Blizzard put in game something retarded. People cope with it for a time.
    Then later, Blizzard "fixes" their retarded stuff with an other retarded stuff, so people will have the impression of being able to progress in a new way (but with also a stupid timegate of course).
    You know those perfect item you never managed to get? Now you might be able to get it in a different way. But of course you'll have to farm and wait.

Blizzard does not want to keep players with quality content. They just want to bait them with timegated rewards.
    That's also the technical limitation of not being able to corrupt an item you already had uncorrupted.
    Just imagine, players who got a very good piece of equipment, great stats and ilvel, but shitty corrupt. They spend something to uncorrupt it. So they really want to keep it! It would be to bad if they could corrupt it already! Great piece with great corrupt so soon! It's better if they farm an other one.
    Last edited by Tarba; 2020-05-20 at 06:38 AM.