Thread: Infinite Stars

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Infinite Stars

1. Is it best just to wait til the infinite stars trait comes to MOTHER and slap it on everything I have w/o going over 40 corruption?

2. How much do you guys think infinite stars corruption will cost in terms of echoes?

3. Should I buy some expedient trait now?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by majinbebi View Post
    1. Is it best just to wait til the infinite stars trait comes to MOTHER and slap it on everything I have w/o going over 40 corruption?

2. How much do you guys think infinite stars corruption will cost in terms of echoes?

Thanks
    Rank 3 is 75 corruption, so not sure you’re going to want to have more than 1z
    Higher ranks (so far) appear to cost about 13k of the currency.
    Can’t answer the last one as I don’t play Druid.

10+ Year Old Account

Thanks
    i mean, i play with 79 corruption as my cap. never go 80+. right now you can use two r3 stars if you have been doing your visions every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

It depends on what you want, I guess. IS is the best for single target, but not for other things. If you do a lot of M+ for example IS is probably not what you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    IS is only good for single target bosses. Having to swap targets, or targets dying mid encounter makes it pretty bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't waste my echoes on Infinite Stars.
    Hi

Stars is terrible on almost every fight except Shad'har.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Stars is terrible on almost every fight except Shad'har.
    I wouldn't say it's terrible, but it's not super optimal for most fights and you are better off just having other corruptions.

For M+ IS is terrible.

For raiding (mythic):

- Wrathion, it's not terrible since the debuff doesnt wear off during spike phase, but still I never noticed it being a meaningful damage after the fight is done, so it's pretty meh
    - Skitra it's pretty meh too, the debuff stays after return to p1, but with the add spawned and the images it just doesnt do much meaningful dmg
    - Maut, depending on what tactic you play, it's meh to terrible and can kill you on mana shield phase easily
    - Xanesh it's good, the adds from the orb die quickly
    - Vexiona is trash, by the time it's p3 you wont have any stacks still probably
    - Hivemind total trash
    - Raden it's pretty meh with orbs / adds constantly spawning
    - Dresta'gath total trash
    - Shad'har it's the only fight on which IS is great
    - Il'ginoth is pretty meh. I mean, the stacks dont wear off and higher stacks could certainly help with burning the boss in later stages when it's really overwhelming, but at this point there are so many adds its unlikely the boss will be hit by it
    - Carapace, pretty bad, you'd have to be extremely lucky to get some stacks before p3
    - N'zoth, with so many adds throughout the whole fight it's pretty meh too

So yeah, even though on first look IS looks nice with huge dmg, in fact its a pretty bad corruption especially considering it takes 75 corruption (i wouldnt even take into the account rank 1 and 2). For that you can stack % stat increases or stat procs which, while as random as IS, are more reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    IS is only good for single target bosses. Having to swap targets, or targets dying mid encounter makes it pretty bad.
    Just having multiple targets available already hurts it badly, since it can randomly proc on anything nearby that's in combat. It's actually a very weak trait due to the lack of long pure ST fights.

It sims well, but it sucks in practice.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    - Shad'har it's the only fight on which IS is great
    Except the fight is so short you'll never get significant stacks unless you get super lucky.

10+ Year Old Account
    So just grab a few expedients and gushing wound? Any other traits we should prioritize?

Gushing wound, even after the nerf it got now, should be better now that both TD and IS. Why? Because the corruption/damage ratio is still better than either of them, you can stack them like crazy, and it procs on both ST and AoE.

10+ Year Old Account
    So just grab a few expedients and gushing wound? Any other traits we should prioritize?
    Expedient isn't the sole answer. Crit (Severe) is also good choice depending on your gear.

Sim your gear to see what combo is the best for you.

Just stack void ritual 3.

Gushing wounds is getting nerfed into the ground (35% reduction). I believe 3-4 severe and expedient will be a good approach and is what I'm aiming for.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Gushing wounds is getting nerfed into the ground (35% reduction). I believe 3-4 severe and expedient will be a good approach and is what I'm aiming for.
    Because it's currently roughly 50% stronger than the next best one. It's still fairly high up after the nerf.

I had stuck an IS 2 on one of my items, I had been looking at the top boomies on my server for M+ and saw a few of them had it. To be honest I never see it appear in details. I am waiting for GW. Do you think it is better for M+ if I ditch IS? I currently have a couple of expedients, a mastery one that came on the item, IS2 and TD2. I did have a severe, then noticed that I only had like 1 item with crit on it, so it wasn't really useful with my current gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Thanks
    tbh i wouldnt bother with stars for the raid, many bosses have adds on which you can proc stars which will result in a dps loss, if i were you i would go for apendage, gushing wound and stat corruptions

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    tbh i wouldnt bother with stars for the raid, many bosses have adds on which you can proc stars which will result in a dps loss, if i were you i would go for apendage, gushing wound and stat corruptions
    is wounds still good after the nerfs?

Quote Originally Posted by Fatbeaverlol View Post
    i think its still good in terms of dps/corruption compared to other single target corruptions

Quote Originally Posted by Fatbeaverlol View Post
    For me it's about equal to Severe and Expedient per Corruption. It was 50% ahead before the nerf, so that's about what i expected.

Since getting one of those naturally makes the other two stronger, a good mix is the best option.
    Last edited by huth; 2020-06-08 at 04:13 PM.