DK and Corrupt in MM+

Hello guys.

I have a question and I think you can answer to me.

I play my DK only in dps and mm+, I switch between frost and UH.

Now we can buy corruption so, what's the best corrupt for uh and frost in mm+?

Sorry for my English.
    Thank you.

12% haste or 12% mastery are cheap corruptions you can buy that will be an easy boost, outside that TD of course is going to be your biggest aoe boost.

I already have TD 75, but what use for little corrupt, more TD? Gushing wounds?

Quote Originally Posted by Arhagas View Post
    I already have TD 75, but what use for little corrupt, more TD? Gushing wounds?
    I know nothing about frost but for unholy depends on your group.

Pulling I'd say 10+ mobs at a time get mastery procs and mastery % and drop td.

Pulling like a normal group/pug (1-2 packs at a time maybe 3) id go full td.
    2 weeks and capes are high enough to be at td 6 and be under 60 corruption.

haste/mastery/crit %
    mastery proc
    void ritual r3 with 2 allies
    Gushing Wounds on 1-2 pieces are worth it

TD is a bit of a trap IMO, when it procs, its great, when it doesn't, well you do significantly less damage. Also unholy scales really well with stats then bigger the pulls, so TD doesnt scales well

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    haste/mastery/crit %
    mastery proc

TD is a bit of a trap IMO, when it procs, its great, when it doesn't, well you do significantly less damage. Also unholy scales really well with stats then bigger the pulls, so TD doesnt scales well
    When you say hate / mast / crit % it's flat stat? From all source or proc?

When you say hate / mast / crit % it's flat stat? From all source or proc?
    the % from all sources. The proc is not % based. i've mentioned the mastery proc separately (honed mind). Honed mind is less reliable, but generally will proc once during the burst window if tanks are pulling around your cooldowns.

haste/mastery/crit %
    mastery proc

TD is not a trap unless your pulling huge packs. Unholy bursting on 5 targets is garbage and td will do alot more overall at the end.

Now if your pulling alot than yeah you want pure stats.

If your pugging i would not reccomend going full mastery cuz your going to be a potato.

Okay so from source crit in frost. Mastery in uh?

I don't do big key, only 18/19 atm so there is no really big big pack. Maybe keep 1 TD 75 and stack corrup crit from all source?
    Last edited by Arhagas; 2020-05-20 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    TD is not a trap unless your pulling huge packs. Unholy bursting on 5 targets is garbage and td will do alot more overall at the end.

Now if your pulling alot than yeah you want pure stats.

If your pugging i would not reccomend going full mastery cuz your going to be a potato.
    If pugging I'd just play frost instead. To get the best out of unholy you really need your tank to be pulling around your cds. I'd just run TD if pugging, if playing with a proper comp, go stats

If pugging I'd just play frost instead. To get the best out of unholy you really need your tank to be pulling around your cds. I'd just run TD if pugging, if playing with a proper comp, go stats
    Okay can you just say me what is "pugging"?

When you say switch to frost for pugging, do you mean icecap of breath? I personally cant get anywhere near my UH dps running the crit/haste icecap build in 15+

Quote Originally Posted by Bexlyn View Post
    When you say switch to frost for pugging, do you mean icecap of breath? I personally cant get anywhere near my UH dps running the crit/haste icecap build in 15+
    Icecap. It can perform as well as unholy. I prefer Unholy, but frost is no slouch either

One benefit of unholy is you can run a hybrid azerite set where you do still great aoe but with skeletal magi and visions of perfection you won't suck ass on tyrannical week. Frost does great aoe but it's single target is not so hot and downtime hurts it way more as a spec than unholy.

I also hate dealing as frost with frostwelp's indignation angling so the big ass range doesn't end up pulling additional mobs.

Okay can you just say me what is "pugging"?
    PUG or Pick Up Group, is when you are joining someone else's key that you use the LFG tool to find a group. So in this case, "pugging" is when you're joining PUGs and not going in with a 5-man group that you've put together. Unholy is quite strong if you're with a set group of players and the tank knows how to pull around your CD's.

Hello guys.

I have a question and I think you can answer to me.

I play my DK only in dps and mm+, I switch between frost and UH.

Now we can buy corruption so, what's the best corrupt for uh and frost in mm+?

Sorry for my English.
    Thank you.
    Don't listen to all of the stuff others have written in here. Some of it is complete garbage.

Yes, both UH and Frost can perform exceptionally well in M+ , but the deciding factors in your choice should most definitely NOT be if you're pugging or if the tank plays around your cooldowns. You must decide based on the gear you have. For whichever spec you have better azerite traits/weapons/secondary stats/trinkets - play that one.

And as for corruptions, your safest go is Twilight Devastation of course, especially if you're not sure that you'll be doing big pulls. Go for as many as possible - they do stack. If you have a bit of corruption resistance remaining, which is not enough to fit another Twilight Devastation, just fill that up with haste/mastery (for UH) and mastery/crit (for frost).

Edit:
    Something I heard just recently but have yet to find out if true or false. Somebody told me Gushing Wounds are registered as attacks. If this is really true then that's another thing that can proc more Twilight Devastations. So feel free to play around and test that out.
    Last edited by Greengrim; 2020-05-22 at 10:44 AM.

What ? TD is trash for UH compared to Exp3, you'll do more ST and AoE damage for the same budget.

https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/repo...1ghCm5sTK2nu6t case in point -7k ST damage for TD3 vs 36% Haste.
    https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/repo...z1CLBzQaw1cj9J AoE -16k TD3 vs 36% Haste.

As far as Frost goes idk, I don't play frost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

Quote Originally Posted by Azharok View Post
    What ? TD is trash for UH compared to Exp3, you'll do more ST and AoE damage for the same budget.

https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/repo...1ghCm5sTK2nu6t case in point -7k ST damage for TD3 vs 36% Haste.
    https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/repo...z1CLBzQaw1cj9J AoE -16k TD3 vs 36% Haste.

As far as Frost goes idk, I don't play frost.
    Try explaining that TD is trash to the top DKs out there. And your simulation analysis is not quite accurate.

Yes, I can agree that haste pulls ahead on a 5min ST fight, but we're talking about M+ , where 80% of the dungeon is trash packs. As for your AoE sim, in M+ you don't fight 5 targets, and you don't fight them for 5 minutes. In M+ you most oftenly fight 5+ targets and the length is between 30sec-1,5min.

I know you think that you're getting average results by simming for 5 min and 5 targets, but this is misleading. In the sim the fight continues, while in reality (in M+) there is time between trash packs in which your runes come back up, and your RP remains nearly the same (if pooled at the end of previous fight). This tremendously reduces the value of haste.

Practically it's two totally different situations. One where you pull and continue fighting. And another where you pull - dump available resources - recharge resources on your way to the next pull - repeat.
    Last edited by Greengrim; 2020-05-27 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    Try explaining that TD is trash to the top DKs out there. And your simulation analysis is not quite accurate.

Yes, I can agree that haste pulls ahead on a 5min ST fight, but we're talking about M+ , where 80% of the dungeon is trash packs. As for your AoE sim, in M+ you don't fight 5 targets, and you don't fight them for 5 minutes. In M+ you most oftenly fight 5+ targets and the length is between 30sec-1,5min.

I know you think that you're getting average results by simming for 5 min and 5 targets, but this is misleading. In the sim the fight continues, while in reality (in M+) there is time between trash packs in which your runes come back up, and your RP remains nearly the same (if pooled at the end of previous fight). This tremendously reduces the value of haste.

Practically it's two totally different situations. One where you pull and continue fighting. And another where you pull - dump available resources - recharge resources on your way to the next pull - repeat.
    If you actually read the sims you wouldn't embarass yourself as much, the Aoe sim is 40seconds long (granted it has BL and army).

Also the Top UHDK (since this is the topic) don't use TD cauz it is TRASH. I checked the first ten have NO TD... 11th has, but he's in blood spec where TD is actually GOOD. And since I hang on the class discord alot, the topic often comes up, the consensus is, when you get better gear and the right azerite traits you want to get rid of TD in favour of expedient/masterful.

As a final note, TD would lose value towards Haste the more targets you added which further invalidates the fact that TD isn't trash when in reality it is... It goes against our spec and rotation of building up wounds to blow stuff up.
    Last edited by Azharok; 2020-05-27 at 04:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU