Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    They should just add both Chim and RF on the same talent tier so ppl will have options. The problem I have with MM is Blizz tried to merge the fantasy of a auto gunner and a sniper into one spec, as a result it's a mess.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    People sadly do this very often. Everytime there is something they find challenging or annoying they just label it "boring". It's like people saying that Bolstering is boring. Don't get me wrong, I HATE bolstering. It's the most annoying and unpleasant affix in my opinion, but that doesn't mean that it's boring. It just mean that I don't like it.
    I would argue that Bolstering is a boring affix because there is no creative means of circumventing it.
    Take Sanguine for instance. Similarly to Bolstering it gives adds more health, and in the case of large packs disincentivizes players pulling large packs. But if you still want to then you can go around it, maybe you kite the pack in a giant circle, or use Blizzard or other mass slows on them. That can be fun and engaging.
    With Bolstering you have the choice of doing a large pull and restricting your DPS, or doing a small pull, restricting your DPS. There is no counterplay, and therefore no sense of enjoyment.

    With Rapid fire though i find that ability boring because there is little to no interplay with other abilities, it just sits there on my actionbar taking up space in my rotation that could have been filled with other talents, but which now are relegated to the useless pile because the rotation is so stuffed to the brim with baseline abilities that any chance of branching out the talent choices is quickly stymied.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by xZerocidex View Post
    They should just add both Chim and RF on the same talent tier so ppl will have options. The problem I have with MM is Blizz tried to merge the fantasy of a auto gunner and a sniper into one spec, as a result it's a mess.
    I could be happy with a Dire beast/Barbed shot situation, where you have Chimaera shot as the baseline ability that gets replaced with Rapid fire if you choose that talent.

  3. #23
    scrap rapid fire. no replacement. compensate steady shot focus generation for that.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaim View Post
    scrap rapid fire. no replacement. compensate steady shot focus generation for that.
    That would leave the rotation extremely anemic, as opposed to mostly anemic as is. Rapid Fire would need to be replaced with something for the spec to be even somewhat interesting on a base level.
    Which is why I would suggest replacing it with Chimaera shot, both removing Rapid fire and giving MM players one of their most iconic abilities back.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I would argue that Bolstering is a boring affix because there is no creative means of circumventing it.
    Take Sanguine for instance. Similarly to Bolstering it gives adds more health, and in the case of large packs disincentivizes players pulling large packs. But if you still want to then you can go around it, maybe you kite the pack in a giant circle, or use Blizzard or other mass slows on them. That can be fun and engaging.
    With Bolstering you have the choice of doing a large pull and restricting your DPS, or doing a small pull, restricting your DPS. There is no counterplay, and therefore no sense of enjoyment.

    With Rapid fire though i find that ability boring because there is little to no interplay with other abilities, it just sits there on my actionbar taking up space in my rotation that could have been filled with other talents, but which now are relegated to the useless pile because the rotation is so stuffed to the brim with baseline abilities that any chance of branching out the talent choices is quickly stymied.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I could be happy with a Dire beast/Barbed shot situation, where you have Chimaera shot as the baseline ability that gets replaced with Rapid fire if you choose that talent.
    I'm in favor of this, makes sense since Chim Shot was there before RF.

  6. #26
    I still don't understand who thought that giving a MARKSMAN a spray and pray ability was a good idea. Scrap that, with Barrage they even have access to 2. Just like with Sidewinders just randomly hitting anything and everything in front of you makes absolutely no sense.

    If they wanna keep those spells rename the spec pew-pew-boy. Too bad they removed range SV which would've had very little problems with spells of that theme - better just randomly slap them all onto MM I suppose.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    I still don't understand who thought that giving a MARKSMAN a spray and pray ability was a good idea. Scrap that, with Barrage they even have access to 2. Just like with Sidewinders just randomly hitting anything and everything in front of you makes absolutely no sense.

    If they wanna keep those spells rename the spec pew-pew-boy. Too bad they removed range SV which would've had very little problems with spells of that theme - better just randomly slap them all onto MM I suppose.
    Someone who was incredibly incompetent, reminder there was a talent(I think it was Legion or BfA) in the works called Light 'em Up, basically dealing more DPS to enemies in flare.

    Someone seriously thought it was a good idea to tie a damage boost to a skill when it's only purpose it to reveal invisible units, I don't know why it's so fucking hard for the class team to make the spec feel like a sniper again... I just don't get it, most likely this will be the third expansion where they fucked up again.

  8. #28
    I don't main a Hunter but I do play one and I used to main one back in WotLK. And I must say that I fucking hate Rapid Fire... I REALLY want to play Hunter you know. And if I play Hunter, I will be Marksmanship. That is my class fantasy. I want to wear my awesome Thoras'dal with the heritage armor and kill stuff from afar. But I just can't because Rapid Fire is so annoying to use (and immersion breaking too). I know my point of view doesn't represent all the Hunter mains, but I could have been a Hunter main too if it wasn't for that ability. I love the way Aimed Shot works atm.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •