10+ Year Old Account

Question What happened to my avatar's transparent background?

My avatar used to have a transparent background and now it's turned to black. It was uploaded as a .png but it's got a .webp extension in settings and Irfanview won't load it.

It looks like we are running in to this issue: https://community.cloudflare.com/t/s...to-webp/164652

I'd try uploading the original again after saving it as a PNG again, maybe something was wrong with the original.

10+ Year Old Account
    Done, that's better. Will probably change it soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    If transparency doesn't work, just take a sample of the MMO-C background color, and set that as your image background. It'll achieve the same effect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now it doesn't work. I works at first but then the background changes back to black after a couple of refreshes.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    If transparency doesn't work, just take a sample of the MMO-C background color, and set that as your image background. It'll achieve the same effect.
    Yeah thought of that but there are issues when the forum skin changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could save it as a gif in meantime.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Now it doesn't work. I works at first but then the background changes back to black after a couple of refreshes.

Yeah thought of that but there are issues when the forum skin changes.
    I mean, you edited it once in photoshop already if you colored the background MMO champ color. All you have to do if MMO champ changes its design is to resample and overwrite the color. It's a five second edit.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

I downloaded it, saved it as a PNG, and uploaded it again. Seems to be working fine now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    I mean, you edited it once in photoshop already if you colored the background MMO champ color. All you have to do if MMO champ changes its design is to resample and overwrite the color. It's a five second edit.
    That would be a workaround and a last resort for me, I hate workarounds if a true solution exists. Not long ago the site used to have a different skin for some sections of the forum.

But it's no longer needed because the uploaded .webp image now has a true background transparency.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    I downloaded it, saved it as a PNG, and uploaded it again. Seems to be working fine now.
    Strange it must be the way Irfanview converts the png. The transparency shows up fine on my machine but when uploaded to the site it breaks, but your version works fine, thanks.