Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Priest Covenant Abilities are Powerful!

Any MMO-C members who have tested priest on Alpha? What are your thoughts and your feedback from all the covenant abilities?

Right now I can see that no matter what you pick all will be awesome! Shadow Covenant remake too seems to be imba!

They're all rather questionable for shadow...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    They're all rather questionable for shadow...
    Actually the effect of each covenant on Shadowpriest is not focused more on damage output but rather more on utility and supportive role.

Night Fae covenant on SP reminds me of a semi support/healer role back in TBC with replenish mechanics and as haste aura.

Venthyr would be more of a single Target damage-heal hybrid as to Unholy Nova would be a good combination with Vampiric Embrace to ease up healing during high burst phase or spike damage and a reverse atonement effect for them to utilize during burn phase as they take sustained damage. The same deal can also be observed using Bastion priest covenant ability Boon of the ascendant/ascendant Nova/ ascendant Nova is a pseudo void eruption
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2020-05-20 at 08:12 PM.

I find them underwhelming for shadow priest. If shadowpriest goes to shadowlands without major changes I will not main it anymore. It's just frustrating when I play my hunter, rogue, etc, and they all just do so much better with less effort and knowledge/experience playing the class.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Kyrian is actually pretty solid for AoE burst. I've been playing with Ascended Nova a fair bit and it seems like very good AoE DPS, though on a long CD with 3 minutes.

Venthyr is single target only on a short enough CD. It does generate Insanity, so could be interesting for rotation. Otherwise not terribly amazing.

Necrolord is also sort of AoE DPS but on a shorter CD of just 1 minute. It essentially puts a dot on everything in range for 15 secs, so the "real" CD is really only 45 seconds. It's not super interesting to use with awesome effects but it's decent.

No need to talk about Night Fae really, the effect is entirely support based, no damage component whatsoever. I don't dislike it generally but competitive players will likely prefer a damage cooldown over this.

Personally I'll probably go Kyrian because I like the visuals the best and Boon of the Ascended is, in my opinion, the most fun ability out of the 4.
    Last edited by Venara; 2020-05-21 at 11:23 PM.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Quote Originally Posted by Venara View Post

Personally I'll probably go Kyrian because I like the visuals the best and Boon of the Ascended is, in my opinion, the most fun ability out of the 4.

BotA looks really cool, I really like how it looks, but the CD seems way to long.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the cooldown should probably be ~2 mins to make it feel better. Might still change during Alpha, we'll see.

I have one question tho, BotA changes mind flay to Ascended Blast. It seems to have like a 4 second cooldown. What are we supposed to cast in that CD window if we dont have mind flay?

I really like that abilitie for PvP too, I pvp a lot and those instants and heal at the end would be nice. Still, the CD seems way to long.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ascended Blast currently has a 2.5 sec cooldown on Alpha.

As to what you are supposed to cast, Mind Blast / SW:V are an option if not on CD, but you'll probably be filling the space with Ascended Nova, which has no CD and is spammable. Using either of the two "Ascended" spells stacks a buff on yourself. When Boon of the Ascended expires, you release an "Ascended Eruption" around you. The damage and healing of that eruption scales with the amount of stacks you had and it's a considerable burst, so you will want to have a good number of stacks.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara View Post
    Ascended Blast currently has a 2.5 sec cooldown on Alpha.

As to what you are supposed to cast, Mind Blast / SW:V are an option if not on CD, but you'll probably be filling the space with Ascended Nova, which has no CD and is spammable. Using either of the two "Ascended" spells stacks a buff on yourself. When Boon of the Ascended expires, you release an "Ascended Eruption" around you. The damage and healing of that eruption scales with the amount of stacks you had and it's a considerable burst, so you will want to have a good number of stacks.
    BotA spells deal arcane damage so it will not interfere if you're going to spec with Shadow Covenant+Schism build. In terms of damage, I think it will be the CA that has the most output.

Mind Blast II + Night Fae Covenant would amp up damage mitigation by another 10% iianw, for Disc priest.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2020-06-08 at 06:40 PM.