Did any one ever do a Damage analysis for the students ?

Hey.

So in the mansion explosion in X-men Apocalypse i'm wondering if any of the students would've gotten hurt before quicksilver got to them?

In this scene you see the guy on the balcony is already hit by the shockwave from the explosion, Would that cause any injury?

- - - Updated - - -

This is the scene in question if any one wanna look at the full thing

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

I mean...some ubernerd somewhere might have. But I think most people just chalk it up to movie magic. Speedsters require enough suspension of disbelief as it is when it comes to their interactions with other people. Because getting yanked around like that would probably kill you just as thoroughly as any explosion would. Though it wouldn't surprise me if DC at least has some Speed Force technobabble to get around that.

Strangely enough the thought that anyone got hurt...just never occurred to me.

Explosions have force behind them. That's in a house which is an enclosed space so that increases the effects of the force as opposed to being out in a open field so yeah people close enough would get their insides turning to jelly. The hurt locker has a good example of what an explosion does to the body

The idea is that quicksilver is so fast he out runs the impact field and gets them to safety. And you have to disregard the fact he would snap thier necks and backs instantly and assume part of his power is creating a protection field around people that stops thier body contorting to the high speeds
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2021-02-15 at 08:41 PM.

Uhmm... are you really trying to find logic in the movie that is especially totally... uhm... lets say 'silly' from the physics point of view?
    This scene is made to look good and 'funny' (to me it is just horribly stupid) which most of the people like and go to cinemas.

Well Havok died, so I'd say he got hurt.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently there is some "butterfly" type pattern that happens to People's internal organs when they are caught in a shockwave/blast of an Explosion.

Some of those kids in that scene have already been hit by the explosive shockwave but seem to get saved before the fire/shrapnel could hit them.

Chances are some would have major internal injuries.

Reminds me of when the Hulk threw Rick Jones miles away to the ocean...and I just shook my head. Nope. The sheer inertial force would have killed him. Like a baseball pitcher throwing an egg as hard and as fast as he can...and the egg blows up.