Page 1 of 45
... LastLast

The Snyder Cut is coming to HBO Max in 2021

Announced on his live commentary of Man of Steel

Yay, we get to see how crappy this would have been.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

I'll never understand why people cared about this. Do they think he's even remotely a good storyteller?

I'm shocked this is actually going to be a thing, I don't think its honestly going to make it a better movie though. I guess WB figures spending another $20 million doesn't matter at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am quite happy that we will finally be able to watch his vision. I loved MoS and enjoyed BvS so this is great.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I'll never understand why people cared about this. Do they think he's even remotely a good storyteller?
    Much like flat earthers, there is a significant minority that have the delusion that Zack Snyder is a good writer.

I've always been worried about the Snyder Cut because I feel like it won't live up to expectations and all this hype it's gotten. But I'm optimistic and I'll check it out.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Much like flat earthers, there is a significant minority that have the delusion that Zack Snyder is a good writer.
    While Snyder has done a lot of questionable of things in his projects I think most people can agree that BvS was a superior product to JL.

So I am quite interested in seeing what he has to offer here. It's also important for DC to have a GOOD Justice League movie if they are ever going match Marvel.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    While Snyder has done a lot of questionable of things in his projects I think most people can agree that BvS was a superior product to JL.

So I am quite interested in seeing what he has to offer here. It's also important for DC to have a GOOD Justice League movie if they are ever going match Marvel.
    Sorry,No. Can not stand his version of Supes.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    I'm shocked this is actually going to be a thing, I don't think its honestly going to make it a better movie though. I guess WB figures spending another $20 million doesn't matter at this point.
    It's basically just "shut up and go away" money and it will guarantee the snyder boys sign up for HBO Max.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2020-05-20 at 07:46 PM.

Hbo you are better than this

This is like when you see a mega hot chick with a weasel of a boyfriend

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post

I guess I'm not "most people."
    "Your mom's name is Martha too!? Did we just become best friends?"
    and
    "who the fuck is this chick?" *shrugs* "Xena, warrior princess I guess."

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    People who think Batman vs Superman was a good movie are the same people who think McDonald's makes a good burger.
    ah yes, good old gatekeeping. a good movie is purely subjective, i could say, people who dont think BvS is a good movie are the same people that think vaccines cause autism.

Is WB pitching the money to complete it (heard upwards of $20 million would be needed) or just releasing it as is?

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    ah yes, good old gatekeeping. a good movie is purely subjective, i could say, people who dont think BvS is a good movie are the same people that think vaccines cause autism.
    That's not how art works.

Do you think there is no difference between a 5 year olds scribble and van gogh?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    That's not how art works.

Do you think there is no difference between a 5 year olds scribble and van gogh?
    this is EXACTLY how art works. You can enjoy technical skill, but that does not make 1 piece better when compared to another. It IS subjective.

this is EXACTLY how art works. You can enjoy technical skill, but that does not make 1 piece better when compared to another. It IS subjective.
    Ones enjoyment might be similar but it doesn't mean they are of the same quality.

No, it's not purely subjective. There are certainly objective criticisms to be made about things like narrative structure, dialogue, cinematography, fight scene composition, etc.

Also, just because it's a bad movie doesn't mean you can't enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    No, it's not purely subjective. There are certainly objective criticisms to be made about things like narrative structure, dialogue, cinematography, fight scene composition, etc.

Also, just because it's a bad movie doesn't mean you can't enjoy it.
    it is 100%, purely, totally, subjective.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Ones enjoyment might be similar but it doesn't mean they are of the same quality.
    what you feel determines quality is not what others may feel determines quality. it is 100% subjective.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfhamster View Post
    Is WB pitching the money to complete it (heard upwards of $20 million would be needed) or just releasing it as is?
    Yes, they are finishing the movie.