Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    What I don't get is why people think they will be getting a drastically different or better movie with the Snyder Cut. Joss Whedon didn't write the movie. He didn't even direct most of it. He was brought on to do some last minute reshoots and when Snyder dropped out...he oversaw the final edits. He never had full control of the movie.

The Snyder cut is just gonna be a longer, broodier, and edgier cut than the original. But hey, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe Snyder will finally get the "Batman gets raped in prison" and/or the "Superman yanks a guys arm out of the socket" scenes he always wanted to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    What I don't get is why people think they will be getting a drastically different or better movie with the Snyder Cut. Joss Whedon didn't write the movie. He didn't even direct most of it. He was brought on to do some last minute reshoots and when Snyder dropped out...he oversaw the final edits. He never had full control of the movie.

The Snyder cut is just gonna be a longer, broodier, and edgier cut than the original. But hey, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe Snyder will finally get the "Batman gets raped in prison" and/or the "Superman yanks a guys arm out of the socket" scenes he always wanted to see.
    If i remember right, Whedon only used like 30% of Snyder’s original footage.

HBO, I know your numbers are hurting since GoT ended, but meth ain't the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    People who think Batman vs Superman was a good movie are the same people who think McDonald's makes a good burger.
    Have you ever tried a McDonalds in Japan? Surprisingly good burgers (at least, back in 2008 they were).

Not really sure why people have such an issue with this being made. A substantial amount of people have called for the Snyder cut. If it's not your deal, then don't worry about it. Let the others enjoy what they asked for.

Definitely curious to how much has changed.

The Snyder Cut is a conspiracy theory. People aren't going to back down. It doesn't matter if it's terrible. People are going to insist it isn't just so they dont have to admit they haven't spent the last few years completely wasting their time.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    If i remember right, Whedon only used like 30% of Snyder’s original footage.
    Could be. This is what they said at the time Snyder stepped down:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...ragedy-1006455

“The directing is minimal and it has to adhere to the style and tone and the template that Zack set,” says Emmerich. “We’re not introducing any new characters. It’s the same characters in some new scenes. He’s handing the baton to Joss, but the course has really been set by Zack. I still believe that despite this tragedy, we’ll still end up with a great movie.”
    That could just be spin though. I mean, obviously we didn't end up with a "great movie".

I think the Snyder cut will just end up making people appreciate the "Whedon cut" a little more. It'll still be a bad movie...but people will be able to say "Well, shit...Whedon did the best he could with what he was left with"
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2020-05-20 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I was under the impression it was the reverse where he did the last 30% of the film basically.
    Posters on the internet do not know what Whedon worked on When Synder stepped down due to family emergencies.

Some reshoots were obvious watching the film. But we dont know if filming was completed and it was just touch up and reshoots. Or if whedon also heavily edited the principle filming.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Then that is because of your own opinion of the movie. It's not insane to like that movie, because there are people who liked that movie. The people who I know who enjoyed that movie all have never seen the original series, and had no expectations going into it, no hangups. They came out of it with fresh opinions having experienced a condensed version of the Airbender story, which is actually a very good story. There are definitely problems with pacing and execution, but if someone is completely unfamiliar with the Airbender franchise (like your mom or dad) they could easily watch this movie AND enjoy it for simply being what it is.

Me? I personally HATED the film. But after talking with multiple people I know who actually watched and enjoyed it for simply being a 'typical hollywood movie', I can't really peg it as _horrible_. It is only horrible in terms of it going against everything we already know it's not - the far superiour cartoon series. Yet on its own, people can and have enjoyed it as a movie.

I'm sure there's plenty of movies you consider terrible that you watch with family who don't 'get it' who end up enjoying the movies. Transformer movies are one example of this; they're so stupid but they appeal to the general 'I don't know what's going on but I like explosions' audience. And that is opinion.

That may not be the metric you use to decide a good or bad movie, but again, your metrics are not everybody's metric, otherwise there wouldn't be more than 1 Michael Bay Transformers movie made.
    Speaking of Avatar TLA movie, I really enjoyed it (first half was kinda bad though) and it made me watch the cartoon after dismissing it for years. But I don't really have a critical eye for things like pacing, story structure etc, what bugged me was the very weak acting during the first half (I feel it picked up during the 2nd part).

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    lol

That's like comparing kraft mac & cheese to a generic brand. Sure, it's better, but it's still friggin mac & cheese. Zack Snyder is a hack...FFS, "Martha" changes Batman's mind? /doublefacepalm

I am all for DC to step up and being a competitive force to Marvel. Polishing a turd is not the path to greatness. DC needs to stop fooling themselves that they are making intellectual, dark, gritty greatness and start putting together good material. Step one is to stop trying to squeeze a well-seasoned steak out of a pile of mac & cheese. Step two is to hire some good writers and put Zack Snyder out to pasture.
    yes, batman's kryptonie has always been his parents, always.

- - - Updated - - -

joss whdeadon reshot 60% of the movie, thats why its called Josstice league
    Be feared, or be fuel

Quote Originally Posted by A Dark Knight View Post

joss whdeadon reshot 60% of the movie, thats why its called Josstice league
    Nobody calls it that.

And everyone seems to have different estimates about how much Joss Whedon Re-shot. Anywhere from 10-90%. And no one seems to know how many of those are actual new scenes or just re-shoots of existing scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    That's not how art works.

Do you think there is no difference between a 5 year olds scribble and van gogh?

Is this the movie where they used CGI for Superman's mustache?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

This is a great summary of the whole drama behind Justice League, what transpired after and the Snyder Cut discussion, and what still needs to be done for it to be completed.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-thing-1295102

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Is this the movie where they used CGI for Superman's mustache?
    This is indeed the one. That was one of the scenes that was reshot, along with the resurrection of Superman. So will see a bit different opening and a completely different scene for supermans return. The fight with him vs the others in the city was shot by Whedon.

I personally respect Zack Snyder alot as a director. He is an amazing visual storyteller and has his unique style and that for me is a positive, not a negative. His older films are still among my favourite movies. I agree, that the stories of BvS and JL haven't been my favourites, and Zach was co-writing those. Still, it's just idiotic as a couch potato to be shouting in the internet that he is a bad director. Everyone has a subjective taste and you may not like his style, but that does not make him a bad director.

Guys ik a musical artist on youtube and I really need you guys to help me pleaseee subsribe me and like my video and please watch I really beg you guys pleaseeee my name on youtube is Ze Xian Lau

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Advertising isn't allowed. Infracted.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2020-05-21 at 08:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody calls it that.

And everyone seems to have different estimates about how much Joss Whedon Re-shot. Anywhere from 10-90%. And no one seems to know how many of those are actual new scenes or just re-shoots of existing scenes.
    You can actually tell which scenes are a reshoot because the actors look different. The music was changed also. It's a crime what they did to this Film.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will Superman have a mustache in this one?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Nobody calls it that.

everybody calls its josstice league. Almost half the scenes with batman and superman are reshoots, affleck with his red bloated face and cavil with his weird lip.
    Be feared, or be fuel

Quote Originally Posted by A Dark Knight View Post
    everybody calls its josstice league. Almost half the scenes with batman and superman are reshoots, affleck with his red bloated face and cavil with his weird lip.
    You are the first person I have ever seen call it "Josstice League". This thread is 6 pages long and you are the only one to refer to the movie by that name.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone care in 2020? let alone 2021?