Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
12
... LastLast
  1. #181
    Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    I understand why people complain about group content and want to solo, but solo dungeons are even less fun. FF has a solo dungeon system and it is incredibly boring because you know you're there having to make up for shit AI, imo the reason WoW group content isnt fun is because the community isnt fun, its devolved into an anti social swamp of assholes who only want to speak when its time to criticize or attack other players.

    I lvled dungeons from 20-100 and i can count on one hand how many pleasant conversations i had during dungeons, and those conversations made the experience fun.
    and yet main feature of expansion will be played mostly solo for hours on hours.

    imagine how fun woudl be thoregast if you coudl take 4 npcs there with you - possibly develop them over time.

    wasted potential due to lack of software that FF 14 already has

    Blizzard is just behind times .

  2. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    The person literally stated it’s obvious Blizzard is going in that direction. My response, which you are now showing ignorance of, clearly stayed on topic by showing the person is very possibly wrong by making assumptions of how something is obvious.
    There was no hyperbole as I literally meant what I stated. So please think before you attack someone.
    I cant see you countering anything he said, he says its obvious what direction they are heading towards players that like solo-playstyle, and it is if you look at it.

  3. #183
    Blame the m+ & MDI scene with the beloved timer slapped onto it. Before m+ everyone who wanted to run dungeons were put into HC. Plenty of people to take from and the difficulty was nothing to speak of for the most part. In addition of this there was dungeon meta achivs and sometimes they had Challenge modes for cool gear.

    Back before m+ the normal & HC part of the dungeon scene were filled with people. Even geared ppl ran it for rep, badges and more.

    These days normal & HC dungeons means jack shit and is more or less useless. Might aswell remove HC dungeons at this point. Nothing you need from it. Keep normal for leveling.

    The problem with the m+ scene is that its difficult to get a relevant run going and it often times create a toxic atmosphere between players. The general knowledge of a dungeon(what to pull, where to run, when to blow CDs++) can be vastly different. In a regular HC(before m+) everyone is more or less on the same page.

    Top that off with the random chest after you have done your highest key(often times 10+), and those people also just dont give a shit about dungeons after doing 1 m+ each week. Add to the fact that there are no changes to dungeons over a xpac, they just boost ilevel on items.

    If you find m+ dungeons to be generally bad now, i'd recommend more or less stop giving a shit about doing them. Clear it on normal/HC until you have "seen" the dungeons and only, ONLY do m+ if you find cool ppl to run with. Besides that, forget it excist. Im a tank and I never run pug m+ runs, never. Ironically enough I Pug alot of raids(Normal & HC), I find that to be a more pleasent experience.

    I used to love the dungeon scene before, but its over for the most part. Blizzard is pushing dungeons to be a esport and that by large has ruined alot of relevant dungeon content.

  4. #184
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    The person literally stated it’s obvious Blizzard is going in that direction. My response, which you are now showing ignorance of, clearly stayed on topic by showing the person is very possibly wrong by making assumptions of how something is obvious.
    There was no hyperbole as I literally meant what I stated. So please think before you attack someone.
    Which part of my post was "assumptions of how something is obvious"? I mentioned a shift to more solo-content, and then listed a bunch of ways in which said shift is taking place, or in the cases of world quests and visions, already *has* taken place, so what did i say that isn't grounded in commonly-known fact? Implying that there's a financial reason for Blizz doing it? That's hardly Sherlock Holmes-style deduction...

    I don't see how throwing in two often-requested (But not even hinted at becoming a reality) classes that i didn't mention anywhere, are supposed to be a counter-argument to that.

  5. #185
    I am Murloc! Kuja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    City of Judgement
    Posts
    5,143
    They could put the island expeditions AI bots to LFR queues that are 3+ hours long. Just adjust the IQ slider up and have them jump less. But they would give an unfair advantage, as they would know the mechanics of fights, while random people don't.

    As for 5 mans, they can already be soloed up to heroic at least. Maybe even mythic 0, haven't tried. But soloing mythic + with bots seems like a bad idea. But at least I would get invited then, yay! Seems like ilvl is all that matters, even though I do 40% more damage than people with 25 ilvls more than I have.
    Last edited by Kuja; 2020-05-23 at 08:23 AM.

    My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!


  6. #186
    First they ban gold sellers so they can sell gold themselves, then they ban botters and bot makers so that they can do so themselves....it's only a matter of time.

  7. #187
    Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    First they ban gold sellers so they can sell gold themselves, then they ban botters and bot makers so that they can do so themselves....it's only a matter of time.
    now you are onto something. Since they banned gold sellers and started selling gold themself(wow token), then can now introduce AI to buy. Imagine the possibilites!

    For 10 dollars you get AIs that clears HC dungeons for you. For 60 dollars you get a HC raid clear. You can pay for 1 AI, 4 AIs or a full raid. Every couple of months you get a bundle deal. "Buy 5 AIs today, get 4 for free!"

  8. #188
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    now you are onto something. Since they banned gold sellers and started selling gold themself(wow token), then can now introduce AI to buy. Imagine the possibilites!

    For 10 dollars you get AIs that clears HC dungeons for you. For 60 dollars you get a HC raid clear. You can pay for 1 AI, 4 AIs or a full raid. Every couple of months you get a bundle deal. "Buy 5 AIs today, get 4 for free!"
    And they'll let players sell them to each other for gold so those who cannot afford to buy AI for real money from Blizz can farm a few million gold to buy an AI with in-game currency from another player....this is how they are going to make us all pay a sub with money or play without the cool AI...we'll end up paying for both in the end lol...Blizz wins as the best money milking gaming company of the century without looking like a pay to win game...

    Seriously though, I would pay for an AI that would let me replace it with my own toon so I could level two toons at once. The legendary type of AI...they will have green, blue, purple and orange AI, buy and sell, but never trade.
    Last edited by RemasteredClassic; 2020-05-23 at 08:58 AM.

  9. #189
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Which part of my post was "assumptions of how something is obvious"? I mentioned a shift to more solo-content, and then listed a bunch of ways in which said shift is taking place, or in the cases of world quests and visions, already *has* taken place, so what did i say that isn't grounded in commonly-known fact? Implying that there's a financial reason for Blizz doing it? That's hardly Sherlock Holmes-style deduction...

    I don't see how throwing in two often-requested (But not even hinted at becoming a reality) classes that i didn't mention anywhere, are supposed to be a counter-argument to that.
    Go back and read your own post. You obviously are stating that it’s something that’s going to happen as direct quotes from your statement are “Blizzard are testing the waters,” and “it’s only a matter of time before we have dungeon runs with NPCs.”
    So you are making a statement that it’s obviously going this direction, to which my statement showed other examples of people making a point about something being obvious that hasn’t happened.
    Not sure why you and the other people are having such a hissy fit over my response. It’s actually pretty funny when people try to assert something is going to happen and then have examples of something in the past that counters it.
    I’m not even stating it won’t happen in the future as everything is possible, but asserting, or implying thru subtle wording, that something is going to actually happen is false.
    How many mmorpg games could potentially benefit from NPC ran dungeons for a solo player versus how many that actually have it? On top of that how many Blizzard games have solo experiences that emulate full party groups?
    Back to your main question, your statement is in a thread about solo dungeons and has statements that shows shifts towards solo play financial gain (which also isn’t proven and could be a loss as the trend seems to be people leaving the less social the game becomes), testing the waters with Torghast (which again doesn’t have helpful NPCs unless I’m behind on the updates which I might be), and things like “it’s only a matter of time.”
    Blizzard has always had solo content but alluding to (which you did) a certainty that it will happen with solo dungeons in a thread about bots playing with the players is the direct response I gave you.

    Updating because I just read about friendly NPCs in IEs.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2020-05-23 at 09:11 AM.

  10. #190
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    21,091
    Did Op create like 40 accounts and then get banned on all of them?
    https://i.imgur.com/PXthN6w.png
    https://i.imgur.com/BTZ0uAT.png
    https://i.imgur.com/6A1P4d4.png
    https://i.imgur.com/YgQc8Rt.png
    https://i.imgur.com/8yB6c7W.png
    https://i.imgur.com/2CuKAc7.png
    https://i.imgur.com/6ee1LW0.png


    its pretty fucking hilarious...'


    but OT, nah dungerons should not be soloable, only should when you get to the point you are super duper geared. Few instanced content should be soloable, as that opens stuff for bots, the stuff that is solo able instanced should be well stuff like visions and torghast, where you cant really bot it.

  11. #191
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Did Op create like 40 accounts and then get banned on all of them?
    https://i.imgur.com/PXthN6w.png
    https://i.imgur.com/BTZ0uAT.png
    https://i.imgur.com/6A1P4d4.png
    https://i.imgur.com/YgQc8Rt.png
    https://i.imgur.com/8yB6c7W.png
    https://i.imgur.com/2CuKAc7.png
    https://i.imgur.com/6ee1LW0.png


    its pretty fucking hilarious...'


    but OT, nah dungerons should not be soloable, only should when you get to the point you are super duper geared. Few instanced content should be soloable, as that opens stuff for bots, the stuff that is solo able instanced should be well stuff like visions and torghast, where you cant really bot it.
    I dont think you read his post, but only the title as so many else quick to post in this thread.

    Choose between queueing with players and wait while you quest and do stuff, or choose to get a fast queue with NPCs to get a quicker queue.
    There could be plenty of other ways this could be beneficial to the player who wants to experience the rp in dungeons, but cant because of "gogogo" mentality.

    But yeah, some people are really quick to find problems for every solution.

  12. #192
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    But yeah, some people are really quick to find problems for every solution.
    And those problems have even already been solved by plenty of other MMO's, so they're not even really problems. Solo dungeons in addition to group dungeons can be done just fine with no problems. Some people are just frightened by the word "solo" because they rely on this game to force people to socialize with them because they apparently can't do it on their own.
    Shut your goddamn mouth, Gene!

  13. #193
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    And those problems have even already been solved by plenty of other MMO's, so they're not even really problems. Solo dungeons in addition to group dungeons can be done just fine with no problems. Some people are just frightened by the word "solo" because they rely on this game to force people to socialize with them because they apparently can't do it on their own.
    then people can play those solo MMORPG games. Blizzard want wow to be about playing with other people, not AI. Albeit alot of wow can be done solo now, they shouldnt go all the way and incorporate fancy AI everywhere.

    just because it can be done, doesnt mean it should be done.

    AND BTW, im saying this as someone who mostly play "alone" and rely on PUG activity. I get on just fine.

  14. #194
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    then people can play those solo MMORPG games. Blizzard want wow to be about playing with other people, not AI. Albeit alot of wow can be done solo now, they shouldnt go all the way and incorporate fancy AI everywhere.

    just because it can be done, doesnt mean it should be done.

    AND BTW, im saying this as someone who mostly play "alone" and rely on PUG activity. I get on just fine.
    Apparently they want players to have the choice of playing with AI's since they keep putting more of that technology in the game, so I dont see your point.

  15. #195
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    21,091
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    I dont think you read his post, but only the title as so many else quick to post in this thread.

    Choose between queueing with players and wait while you quest and do stuff, or choose to get a fast queue with NPCs to get a quicker queue.
    There could be plenty of other ways this could be beneficial to the player who wants to experience the rp in dungeons, but cant because of "gogogo" mentality.

    But yeah, some people are really quick to find problems for every solution.
    I did read it, no you should not be able to do dungeons solo, you should have to go with players, you should not be able to go in with bots and do the dungeon.

  16. #196
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I did read it, no you should not be able to do dungeons solo, you should have to go with players, you should not be able to go in with bots and do the dungeon.
    Im glad that blizzard disagrees with you then, judging by their advancements in putting new AI to NPCs in the game.
    Im pro-choice in the matter, but some people just want to go backwards instead, its allways like that regardless of the subject.

  17. #197
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    21,091
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Im glad that blizzard disagrees with you then, judging by their advancements in putting new AI to NPCs in the game.
    Im pro-choice in the matter, but some people just want to go backwards instead, its allways like that regardless of the subject.
    except they havent put them in actual content yet, they have literally only made therm enemies, and only for stuff like islands, so no, blizz does not diagree with me, they disagree with you.

    But hey if you say blizz agrees with you, please show me where you can play allied with AI NPCS that otherwise would be players, please, go right ahead!

    I know of enemies, you know, the AI BG enemies, and the AI Island enemies, but those are enemies, not allies like you say they are, or are you saying its a slippery slope?
    "They are adding Ai enemies, that means they agree with me and are going to add AI allies!"
    No, not true at all.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2020-05-23 at 11:03 AM.

  18. #198
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    except they havent put them in actual content yet, they have literally only made therm enemies, and only for stuff like islands, so no, blizz does not diagree with me, they disagree with you.

    But hey if you say blizz agrees with you, please show me where you can play allied with AI NPCS that otherwise would be players, please, go right ahead!

    I know of enemies, you know, the AI BG enemies, and the AI Island enemies, but those are enemies, not allies like you say they are, or are you saying its a slippery slope?
    "They are adding Ai enemies, that means they agree with me and are going to add AI allies!"
    No, not true at all.
    you want proof of AI helping you?

    Proving Grounds in MoP like 7 years ago.

    I rest my case.

  19. #199
    The Patient Sanstos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    310
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I'll never understand why people would want to turn this game to even less of an MMO.
    You mean like dungeon finder? When was the last time you queued in LFG and after it was over you all added each other in BNET and played together, you know, like an MMO?

    You mean like scenarios in MoP?, instanced questing? Phasing? Not making the entire game scaled like SWtoR?

    We might as well toss in the lone dungeoning at this point.

  20. #200
    I know somebody who has one of those casino games on their ipad pro. They have it set up so they don't have to pull the lever to spin on the digital machine. Let that sink in. They basically place the ipad on a stand and just watch the ipad playing itself and somehow get enjoyment out of this.

    The OP and this person I know are the same type of gamer.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •