Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Actually seems like a bit of an unneeded point right now because WoW is already moving into more solo friendly content. Blizz has seen the success of Horrific Visions and taken it as a positive sign to move ahead with Torghast, which should be even better. Obviously a ton of people are looking forward to that next expansion as it seems to be taking front stage.

Ideally, a system I could see working is Raids for large groups, Mythic+ for small groups, and stuff like Torghast for solo players. They all reward gear and what not, but the difficulty increases with the less amount of players you have with you, being most difficult in solo content for the same itemlevel gear.

I would have preferred seeing 470 gear from HV a bit harder to get, seeing as just about anyone should be able to clear a 5 mask run now. But it's also balanced around the fact that HV gear only drops for a select few slots, and only 1 piece of gear per item level per week. Hopefully Torghast will have some different amazing rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    Or maybe the queue time is an issue? How long are DPS queue times these days?

Not everyone plays around the same time and also plays uninterrupted. Great for those who can. That is why some games have a pause button.
    As dps. Right now theres alot of people playing cause of the 100% exp buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    Tbh, the gogogogo crowd is like a 1 in a 1000 problem if you are a normal tank. It is really unnoticeable if you are not super slow. And if you are learning, announce that at the start. I don't know if the number of dps pulling additional stuff intentionally is in the double digits of my 1000+ dungeons ranked in legion+bfa.
    If every dungeon some tells you to ogogo, then you are the common denominator.
    They don't tell that to me, they tell that to the tank. I'm usually the healer. Still it annoys me because i don't like rushing through a dungeon and always acting as if there is some invisible time limit.
    Everyone just runs shortcuts and is evading everything and i wonder why they even play the dungeon it they hate it so much that they skip 60% of it. I see the necessity in Mythic+ but not in heroics. I had more fun in dungeons the way they were played before the introduction if M+ (tbh i liked the classic/TBC dungeon gameplay the most with cc'ing and planned pulls and stuff).

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    I still enjoy playing with others, but don't think it should be required to 100% of the time just to have fun in the game.
    and it isnt 100%. you can still go around and do stuff on your own....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    Why is it their problem that people are toxic? That kind of reply is not helping.
    The problem sits in front of YOUR monitor. You dont wanna play with people BUT you want all the goods... why not play something like diablo? thats 100% soloable and just when you want it you play with someone else. WoW was always intented as a GROUP game. deal with it or play something else.
    This game doesnt have to be ruined so that EVERY Joe is happy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Or just give us a solo option for those that prefer that.
    Why not expand the option to all content?
    because its a mmo and not diablo. go play diablo and be happy but stop trying to ruin a mmo

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    and it isnt 100%. you can still go around and do stuff on your own...
    Yes and I'd like them to expand on how much stuff that is.

So, at what point is internet not going to be a requirement? This is depressing.

I'm saying that in the context of the word 'viable' and 'bots'. I'm all for more options, and with that also comes solo-gameplay. But this just makes me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    They don't tell that to me, they tell that to the tank. I'm usually the healer. Still it annoys me because i don't like rushing through a dungeon and always acting as if there is some invisible time limit.
    Everyone just runs shortcuts and is evading everything and i wonder why they even play the dungeon it they hate it so much that they skip 60% of it. I see the necessity in Mythic+ but not in heroics. I had more fun in dungeons the way they were played before the introduction if M+ (tbh i liked the classic/TBC dungeon gameplay the most with cc'ing and planned pulls and stuff).
    Ok, sorry I thought you were implying that you were a tank.
    I have a question to you, why do people run dungeons? I think we can agree, that some stuff is (especially for the first time) is done for the exploration, excitement about what is to come, but that fades rather quickly. Mostly dungeons are done for the rewards. In the earlier times of WoW, dungeon trash gave rep. which means that people actually "needed" the trash, and yet how much trash was done, which was not necessary? People try to get done with the content as fast possible, or how do explain why people dont do every single trash mob in a dungeon?

Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post
    they'll definately consider solo-mode for all dungeons after finding out Torghast to be a killer feature (which is sad imo)
    Make raids/group content drop better stuff and people will flock to them. I am not fond how M+ drops even better than raid in many occasions. So either they go all the way and normalize drops through all content or make it a clear tier system you climb. Having it sitting halfway isn't really good.
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

wall of text
    How does it ruin your game or your fun if they were to introduce it? It dosen’t take away the ability to group up, Just gives the option to do it solo if you prefer that.

Orgimmar and stormwind visions can be played both group and solo.... and the game has not died yet because of it.

because its a mmo and not diablo. go play diablo and be happy but stop trying to ruin a mmo
    Fully agree with this. However they're just going to take the route that makes them more revenue and if it's full solo support, they're going to do it. They made raids basically """"""""""""useless""""""""""""" (add as many quotes you want) with the M+ scaled drop system. So they can fully do it. It all depends on playerbase reaction - which will obviously be rage, but after that if people who stay and don't complain is enough, they did what matters the most (for them).

As a side note, WoW took a lot from Diablo, from the old talent trees to the World Quests and M+ themselves (adventure mode / grater rifts in D3, with a lot more structure). And on the opposite side, D4 is taking a lot from WoW - persistent, fully explorable world, you can see players in it. Dungeons are in fixed spots with fixed themes/enemies; you can increase the dungeon levels/difficulty with keys. Open world events like bosses. Literally, WoW world scaled down to solo/small group without raids. Which is everything i wanted from the next gen Diablo game.

I don't think WoW will change much at this point. M+ have been a game changing feature and it's both easy to support and welcomed by most of the playerbase. Solo play is not considered aside it being a part of the experience, with Visions and Torghast.
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

How does it ruin your game or your fun if they were to introduce it? It dosen’t take away the ability to group up, Just gives the option to do it solo if you prefer that.

Orgimmar and stormwind visions can be played both group and solo.... and the game has not died yet because of it.
    Look man, do you understand the history of Blizzard on social at all?

Blizzard was dead set to release Diablo 3 and Starcraft with ZERO social features. There was not going to be ANY communication. Not even chat channels. You were not going to be allowed to talk to another player ever. EVER! There were multiple 25 page threads on their forums demanding chat. Threads automatically closed themselves when they hit page 25 so people would open a new one to keep yelling at Blizz. FINALLY, they reluctantly rolled out some really primitive and crappy chat channels with barely any features and that's all we ever got.

THAT'S why people get irate when Blizz does stuff like add shitty solo content like Visions or Torghast into WoW. We don't trust them on solo content at all. We know they want to go full solo. They tried it before. GET TORGHAST OUT OF SL or I am NOT playing it.

Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Happy to run visions?

You are forced to run them to get cloak upgrades. There's lots of people in Visions on alts for that reason.
    You’re attacking the wrong part of his post here, he means “Happy to do them alone rather than in a group”, i think we can all agree that nobody is going “Alright! I get to run another vision for the umpteenth time, yay!” by now.

Ok, sorry I thought you were implying that you were a tank.
    I have a question to you, why do people run dungeons? I think we can agree, that some stuff is (especially for the first time) is done for the exploration, excitement about what is to come, but that fades rather quickly. Mostly dungeons are done for the rewards. In the earlier times of WoW, dungeon trash gave rep. which means that people actually "needed" the trash, and yet how much trash was done, which was not necessary? People try to get done with the content as fast possible, or how do explain why people dont do every single trash mob in a dungeon?
    Sure i understand that, but i think that the act of actually playing the dungeon should still be a fun activity. Maybe rushing is fun for some people, don't know. But for me it isn't. And i you are at the point that it is so annoying that you hate it and thus optimize your run to make it as fast and painless as possible it might be time to think about your subscription.

I'd rather play a solo dungeon with a bot group than the gogogo rush groups i always seem to get since the introduction of M+.

Sure i understand that, but i think that the act of actually playing the dungeon should still be a fun activity. Maybe rushing is fun for some people, don't know. But for me it isn't. And i you are at the point that it is so annoying that you hate it and thus optimize your run to make it as fast and painless as possible it might be time to think about your subscription.

I'd rather play a solo dungeon with a bot group than the gogogo rush groups i always seem to get since the introduction of M+.
    I disagree with most of that. It depends what rushing means. I think it just normal to go at a decent pace, having the healer reg while i pull the next pack, pull as many packs as the group can handle. Would that be rushing to you?

I disagree with most of that. It depends what rushing means. I think it just normal to go at a decent pace, having the healer reg while i pull the next pack, pull as many packs as the group can handle. Would that be rushing to you?
    Well lets see, from my experiences... non stop moving, continue moving even when fighting trash mobs, starting bossfights before everyone is in the room, creative use of dungeon geometry to skip as much as possible, combined with constant salt when someone pulls trashmobs while doing that.
    And don't forget, i'm talking about heroics, not Mythics.

Well lets see, from my experiences... non stop moving, continue moving even when fighting trash mobs, starting bossfights before everyone is in the room, creative use of dungeon geometry to skip as much as possible, combined with constant salt when someone pulls trashmobs while doing that.
    And don't forget, i'm talking about heroics, not Mythics.
    Who complains about heroics? I could solo any mythic dungeon by the time I quit. You could probably pull the entire heroic dungeon and kill it if you're a good player who is ahead of the curve...

I've never once encountered a player complaining in that scenario. More people complaining that players like me take things into their own hand and show just how unneeded the rest of the group is.

"stop pulling so much!"
    "slow down!"
    etc.

As I continue to pull and murder everything without two seconds thought and no danger to a group wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Yes and I'd like them to expand on how much stuff that is.
    then you are in the wrong game.

- - - Updated - - -

wall of text
    why do you wanna ruin a game just so its a solo game instead of just playing a solo game?

- - - Updated - - -

why do you wanna ruin a game just so its a solo game instead of just playing a solo game?
    If you could just put your mind to it I believe you could understand there is a world out there with people with different opinions than yours.

- - - Updated - - -

Because i want to play WoW? and i don't want to rely on other people for my own progression?

and why do you all say "Why not play a single player game?".. Don't you get that single player games have an end? so they get stale and boring very fast, and these online games you can play for years without getting bored or running out of things to do.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    I'm not at all. Because as I said I enjoy doing group stuff with friends and cool People I meet, but would like to avoid Mouthbreathers and others like yourself when leveling.