Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I'll never understand why people would want to turn this game to even less of an MMO.
    Its quite nice to learn dungeons as a tank or a heal, with most dps being entitled little shits and so on.

As much as I like the idea of more solo-oriented content in WoW, such as Torghast, I feel like applying that sort of thing to dungeons across the board might be pushing it a bit. That sort of group content should be left alone, I think.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Why play an MMO then?
    Can you point me to the single player game that has wow's lore, Character design, Classes, Gameplay, world design, and so on?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Why can't there just be the option for those thing in WoW as well tho?
    Because you can't have options for everything in every game. It dilutes what a game is supposed to be, it destroys its essence.

I mean I can solo any dungeon on my dh so mission accomplished?

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Can you point me to the single player game that has wow's lore, Character design, Classes, Gameplay, world design, and so on?
    Witcher 1/2/3, most if not all main story FF games, Bulduars gate, icewind dale, divine divinity. I mean, many of these games have numerous factors which are superior to wow, and some which fall short, and that will be the case for ANY game when comparing.

FYI i dont agree with OP at all and think there is plenty of solo content in the game and dungeons should remain as is. The only thing i could see being done is:

Rename Normal to Story and nerf it to be comfortably solod, but with quest quality loot.
    Rename Heroic to Normal and match it to normal difficulty

This way, heroic is "removed" but imo its completely redundant anyway - we have M+0 to replace it.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2020-05-21 at 03:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Because they cannot exist in the same space. If the *option* is there to solo everything or group for everything, then pretty much everyone is gonna solo.
    So the general consensus is that group content is really not that good and the only way to get people to participate is to make it their only option?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Im all for this. Why force people to spend time with the majority of the toxicity that wow brings ?
    And people claiming gear should be harder to get. Why should it ? why should you doing the work with bots be harder to get gear than joining a raid and die on litteraly the first mechanic and the raid kills the boss and you still get loot or pay for someone to boost you ?
    It takes more effort to socialize and befriend a group, and to play the Auction House than it does playing with bots and eased dungeon mechanics.

They've already trivialized outdoor and dungeon content.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2020-05-21 at 03:36 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Witcher 1/2/3, most if not all main story FF games, Bulduars gate, icewind dale, divine divinity. I mean, many of these games have numerous factors which are superior to wow, and some which fall short, and that will be the case for ANY game when comparing.

FYI i dont agree with OP at all and think there is plenty of solo content in the game and dungeons should remain as is. The only thing i could see being done is:

Rename Normal to Story and nerf it to be comfortably solod, but with quest quality loot.

This way, heroic is "removed" but imo its completely redundant anyway - we have M+0 to replace it.
    I think you kinda misunderstood what I was saying. I'm not saying wow is a perfect game but I find a lot of it's elements match up for me. There is no single player game like it on the market right now. Yes, some come close, but not close enough I would call it a single player wow experience.

I would buy a single player wow game re-balanced to be able to solo through it. Though I wouldn't want wow itself to change to a solo game.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    It takes more effort to socialize and befriend a group, and to play the Auction House than it does playing with bots and eased dungeon mechanics.

They've already trivialized outdoor and dungeon content.
    it does not take more effort to buy a boost, join a random pug who facerolls bosses or buy a token and buy gear off the AH than it does to play with bots and having to do mechanics. No one has said a word yet on difficulty. They can add mythic bosses which is really hard on that one player, harder than any heroic raid pug

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    Maybe they just don't like to group, like some people don't like apples?
    Then why are they on an apple orchid? What right do they have to say to the owners "why the fuck aren't there any fucking bananas? There's an orchid over in Japan that has fucking bananas. Why don't you have them?. You know what? I'm going to go to a site you don't even care about, orchirds-champion.com, to complain".
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post

I'd be entirely fine with the option of running a dungeon in "story/quest" mode, which would be about the difficulty of a single player scenario and with loot to match (that is, pretty much nothing, except some silver off the mobs, maybe a quest level rare off the end boss). You could however complete any quest related to said dungeon. Oh and maybe make it not award reputation apart from quests, so people don't get the idea of grinding rep from it.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    How is the act of grouping a pain in the ass?
    Have you met people in WoW? Love the game, hate the players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Then why are they on an apple orchid? What right do they have to say to the owners "why the fuck aren't there any fucking bananas? There's an orchid over in Japan that has fucking bananas. Why don't you have them?. You know what? I'm going to go to a site you don't even care about, orchirds-champion.com, to complain".
    Customers are allowed to give feedback and influence. We do it all the time at work "Hey buy this new machine and the pipes you produce for us will be higher quality"

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    People want to remove the stress of toxic people But still want to progress their gear.

Also, some people like to just be able to "do" things without a lot of set up or queue times.
    Then go play something else, fuck outta here with turning the game completely soloable
    lets be able to do raids with bots too!
    anything to stop the T O X I C players.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

It would make sense for normal and heroic dungeons. I have to agree with that. They have lost all meaning and value to the playerbase after the first 2 weeks of the expansion, might as well turn them into the training wheels mode for dungeon grouping in WoW. They could also actually use the zone relevant NPCs that way, instead of just having them spawn to drop some lines of dialogue before fucking off again; twiddling their thumbs.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

I don't agree with this. People are talking about toxic players when they are running 15+ mythic stones as a new players in the expansion and they didn't even read the skills of bosses. How many people died on workshop just cause the healer didn't know he must to dispel the tank on KUJ0 on a mythic+?

This is not an excuse for toxic players but not even a reason to make dungeons soloables.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Because they cannot exist in the same space. If the *option* is there to solo everything or group for everything, then pretty much everyone is gonna solo.
    thats not even close to true, trusts in ffxiv (ai controlled dungeon teams) are used FAR less when compared to group finder as they take 2-3x as long to do a dungeon and cannot be used above normal dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumpeltilzky View Post
    I don't agree with this. People are talking about toxic players when they are running 15+ mythic stones as a new players in the expansion and they didn't even read the skills of bosses. How many people died on workshop just cause the healer didn't know he must to dispel the tank on KUJ0 on a mythic+?

This is not an excuse for toxic players but not even a reason to make dungeons soloables.
    If they don't dispell the tank then that is a "they" problem, either their shittastic spaceship unitframes don't show debuffs, or they don't know their fucking class and think about dispelling them. Even the standard UI highlights this to you these days.

This also doesn't adress the lower difficulties where you can pretty much AFK with the whole group and auto-walking your way to the last boss, because those abilities have no impact there. The 12342353 insta-bann troll account of the OP also hardly left us with enough food for discussion. No one said this is about making it the case for m+0. It would certainly make alot of sense for leveling (aka. normal) dungeons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    thats not even close to true, trusts in ffxiv (ai controlled dungeon teams) are used FAR less when compared to group finder as they take 2-3x as long to do a dungeon and cannot be used above normal dungeons.
    Also this. Trusts in FFXIV are highly inefficient. They are kinda interesting for learning your class, the dungeon or trying some things, but my god, they certainly are not intendet to be run as a replacement for the dungeon finder. The sheer fact that your trust companions don't AoE and won't properly spam-heal you alone makes them so much more of a pain.. but then the person you quoted is pathologically wrong about everything anyway.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-05-21 at 06:54 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Then there is nothing to say because people can actually do dungeons by themselves. This thread is useless.

Quote Originally Posted by 2525r423ftr345 View Post
    Introduce bots with which we can run dungeons like in FF14 already Blizzard!
    There is no need cause you can do it without bots. There is no need to read more because we are talking about a MMO game. And well, if it was possible to do that, the gear should be green items... and not farmeable