Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    But im not asking to change WoW (well...thats a first)
    Are you suspicious this genre might kill the MMORPG genre or something? You are gatekeeping so hard the "fantasy-rpg-gameplay" right now.

I dont even know why you are so much against this :S
    Naah I am not against it but don't fucking mix it and call it MMORPG. Again as I mentioned above what you are asking is not an MMPRPG because MMORPG require time (which over time got reduced and casualized thanks to players like you but never mind that now) and dedication if you want to play end game and guess what? leveling and gearing are major elements of almost any RPG in this world really.

What you are asking is a fantasy battle royale fast paced game which exist long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by G3 Ghost View Post
    How deep are you looking to go into the RPG side of it?

I have to ask because I think that you'd be hard pressed to gamify the RPG elements in the sometimes really short matches that could happen.

I mean, technically, an Aratho Basin can be over in ten minutes if you have all the points for your side.

I guess you could RPG in between the matches. Have the lobby be a town, sort of like Dauntless. NICE for gear purchasing from the currency you earn from competing.....

Hmmm.......
    Shadow Arena and Hunter's Arena are pioneering in the genre...but they are Battle Royales

I was thinking just a lobby based Arathi Basin simulator...and yes...maybe RPG elements before a match or during the match...didnt thought much about it but Shadow Arena already has this (only during the match, like a MOBA, i think)

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of Vermintide, be nice if someone tried that model but..not warhammer(Not a fan so..yeah).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Naah I am not against it but don't fucking mix it and call it MMORPG. Again as I mentioned above what you are asking is not an MMPRPG because MMORPG require time (which over time got reduced and casualized thanks to players like you but never mind that now) and dedication if you want to play end game and guess what? leveling and gearing are major elements of almost any RPG in this world really.

What you are asking is a fantasy battle royale fast paced game which exist long time ago.
    I would understand better your defensive stance if WoW was some kind of pinnacle of social interaction and player progression...
    But what the hell man...is mediocre at best.
    My only reasonable choice is waiting for this genre to exist...because i sure as hell am not going to spend years leveling a character in every MMORPG on the market just to experience PvP (-___-) is this what you want me to do?

Well...is my only choice actually or just play Guild Wars 2 Vanilla PvP
    Last edited by Roanda; 2020-05-21 at 12:28 AM.

Shadow Arena and Hunter's Arena are pioneering in the genre...but they are Battle Royales

I was thinking just a lobby based Arathi Basin simulator...and yes...maybe RPG elements before a match or during the match...didnt thought much about it but Shadow Arena already has this (only during the match, like a MOBA, i think)
    You know what. I'm on board. Especially if they added a Vermintide style PvE mode as well.

The problem really is what type of battle are you looking for? As tab targeting (WoW, SWTOR, FFXIV), action with skills (Elder Scrolls Online), a combination (Wildstar), or something all together different?

10+ Year Old Account
    I would understand better your defensive stance if WoW was some kind of pinacle of social interaction and player progression...
    But what the hell man...is mediocre at best.
    My only reasonable choice is waiting for this genre to exist...because i sure as hell am not going to spend years leveling a character in every MMORPG on the market just to experience PvP (-___-) is this what you want me to do?

Well...is my only choice actually or just play Guild Wars 2 Vanilla PvP
    Again who said I am talking about WoW here? are you really that old to the point you don't even know what I am trying to write here? years in lvling up? what the hell man I am a slow leveler myself and even I can get a character from lvl 1 to max level in less than a month in almost any MMORPG again talking in general here not just WoW! and I am a slow leveler myself!

I am talking about in general MMORPG require time investment and more dedication. Leveling and gearing up progressing is major elements of any RPG (talking about RPGS and MMORPGs in general) IN GENERAL not talking about World of Warcraft here! got it? thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by G3 Ghost View Post
    You know what. I'm on board. Especially if they added a Vermintide style PvE mode as well.

The problem really is what type of battle are you looking for? As tab targeting (WoW, SWTOR, FFXIV), action with skills (Elder Scrolls Online), a combination (Wildstar), or something all together different?
    What is this "Vermintide" people speak of? i have no idea what it is

The type of combat?
    Anything is good...i enjoy all.

Action combat is more fun to me but i enjoy almost everything in th RPG genre.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is this "Vermintide" people speak of? i have no idea what it is

The type of combat?
    Anything is good...i enjoy all.

Action combat is more fun to me but i enjoy almost everything in th RPG genre.
    Vermintide is basically just Left4Dead in the Warhammer Fantasy setting.

Anyways... Now that I think about it, I seem to recall playing the beta for something very much like what you're looking for a long time ago, I want to say maybe like 2006-7? But I cannot for the life of me remember what it was...
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Anyways... Now that I think about it, I seem to recall playing the beta for something very much like what you're looking for a long time ago, I want to say maybe like 2006-7? But I cannot for the life of me remember what it was...
    I cant remember anything like this that is not a shooter or a moba.

Ive played:
    -Guild Wars 2
    -WoW
    -B&S
    -BDO
    -Tree of Savior
    -Eternal Magic
    -Aura Kingdom
    -several more i cant remember

I played all of this crap just so i could experience PvP in endgame...what the hell man...this is literally insanity.
    Spending hours, weeks, months just because i have no other option...this is messed up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fury, it was called Fury.

It only lasted a year before it got shut down, got terrible reviews... Laid off all employees 2 months post-launch.

I remember liking the beta but I couldn't remember why I didn't play post launch... But, from wikipedia: "The game was initially well received in beta testing and during a pre-release event known as the Fury Challenge; however, many aspects of the game were changed before the public release."

So, that explains it.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2020-05-21 at 12:54 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Fury, it was called Fury.

It only lasted a year before it got shut down, got terrible reviews... Laid off all employees 2 months post-launch.

I remember liking the beta but I couldn't remember why I didn't play post launch... But, from wikipedia: "The game was initially well received in beta testing and during a pre-release event known as the Fury Challenge; however, many aspects of the game were changed before the public release."

So, that explains it.
    That's so underground i cant even find it on youtube (^_^)

10+ Year Old Account
    Asking about RPG and don't want to progress and level up? you do know leveling and gearing progressing is a core elements of almost all RPGs right?

How fucking lazy some new generation players really are really?

How about you log in and get a free win in battleground pvp and get a gladiator title while afking and not suffering (as you call it suffering..) through matches and winning or losing?

It is players like you that we barely have any recent decent MMORPG other than the big three ones (WoW, FFXIV, and ESO) and fast paced moba and battle royale games flooding the gaming market. because you guys (your type of players) want everything fucking super fast paced if you don't have time for leveling in MMO or gearing up then don't play fucking MMO as simple as that.
    Good lord, settle down dude. All that ranting about laziness and new generation players. Why can't games of all sorts just exist without having to trash other people's tastes just because you don't jive with a certain playstyle ,genre, or audience that it's intended for. The gaming market is thriving on all fronts. We're blessed to have a saturation of games of all sorts catering to every kind of gamer. Some games are intended for more casual folks, some for those seeking more challenge, for those who enjoy to grind and those who want to break themselves achieving what the game has to offer. Can't you just stay in your lane without having to put someone else's taste down?

As to OP: doesn't Smite sort of fit that bill? It's the only MOBA I enjoy mostly due to it being third-person over isometric. I also like the concept of Gods fighting eachother. It's a blast to play. Also, so many great skins!
    Last edited by Nachturnal; 2020-05-21 at 01:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    Good lord, settle down dude. All that ranting about laziness and new generation players. Why can't games of all sorts just exist without having to trash other people's tastes just because you don't jive with a certain playstyle ,genre, or audience that it's intended for. The gaming market is thriving on all fronts. We're blessed to have a saturation of games of all sorts catering to every kind of gamer. Some games are intended for more casual folks, some for those seeking more challenge, for those who enjoy to grind and those who want to break themselves achieving what the game has to offer. Can't you just stay in your lane without having to put someone else's taste down?

As to OP: doesn't Smite sort of fit that bill? It's the only MOBA I enjoy mostly due to it being third-person over isometric. I also like the concept of Gods fighting eachother. It's a blast to play. Also, so many great skins!
    Trust me I am settled down really. I just dislike people who want everything handed to them in a silver plate without investing time to it. Don't call them MMORPG if you don't want core major elements of an RPG to be in the game in the first place...then it will be different game entirely that is all.

Y'all need Rakion in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Echeyakee View Post
    Y'all need Rakion in this thread.
    Holy crap
    It actually exists...a 2005 game...that re-released this year.
    Ahaha, wtf!

I will download it.

Doesnt seem to have abilities though

Last edited by Roanda; 2020-05-21 at 01:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trust me I am settled down really. I just dislike people who want everything handed to them in a silver plate without investing time to it. Don't call them MMORPG if you don't want core major elements of an RPG to be in the game in the first place...then it will be different game entirely that is all.
    You might want to actually read the OP because he didn't call what he wants an MMORPG... He said he wanted RPG style combat in a lobby style game, and called it "fantasy battlegrounds".
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2020-05-21 at 01:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You might want to actually read the OP because he didn't call what he wants an MMORPG... He said he wanted RPG style combat in a lobby style game, and called it "fantasy battlegrounds".

You're getting upset over absolutely nothing.
    That doesn't change the fact that RPGS core elements are gearing up and leveling you motherfucker lazy ass new generation players who dislike leveling and progressing are the main reason why you seems so supportive and biased toward the OP.

He clearly said he wanted to play an RPG but doesn't want to suffer through leveling or gearing up then IT WILL NOT BE AN RPG IF THEY REMOVED THE LEVELING AND GEARING UP PROGRESSING

how that is hard to understand for you guys? is beyond me? no wonder though I am not surprised since most of you dislike leveling or gearing up and want everything fast paced really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Me thinks you aren't and are acting like a stereotypical hardcore gamer dude...

Like chill, Hunter Arena said "MMORPG elements" not actually calling it a MMORPG

You're getting upset over absolutely nothing.
    What he said.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    That doesn't change the fact that RPGS core elements are gearing up and leveling
    No shit.

you motherfucker lazy ass new generation players who dislike leveling and progressing
    I don't dislike leveling, don't presume to know me, I probly leveled more characters to max in WoW than you ever did, for no reason other than I enjoyed leveling during Vanilla, TBC, and Wrath.

Also enjoy the report for the insult there, you're definitely not "settled down", you are in fact very upset and need to chill.

are the main reason why you seems so supportive and biased toward the OP.
    Nope.

He clearly said he wanted to play an RPG but doesn't want to suffer through leveling or gearing up then IT WILL NOT BE AN RPG IF THEY REMOVED THE LEVELING AND GEARING UP PROGRESSING

No, he quite specifically said he wanted RPG style combat without the RPG backend.

The style of combat is absolutely not dependent on RPG backend mechanics (leveling, gearing) any more than FPS are dependent on those things being absent... If FPS combat can cross the isle like so many looter shooters have (Destiny, Borderlands, The Division, etc), then why should typical RPG targeted ability style combat not be able to go across the isle as well?

You are being obtuse and absurd. People are allowed to like things you don't.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2020-05-21 at 01:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Me thinks you aren't and are acting like a stereotypical hardcore gamer dude...

Like chill, Hunter Arena said "MMORPG elements" not actually calling it a MMORPG

What he said.
    Trust me I am chilled as ice really.

MMORPG elements = leveling and gearing progress. Yet the OP doesn't want that how can you call it an MMORPG then? as I said with my football example it is like asking to play a football match but without the ball ?

As I said no wonder you guys are so supportive toward the OP because players these days want everything fast which is why moba games and fps call of duty shit are thriving and real RPG and MMORPGs are in major decline these last couple of years really.

- - - Updated - - -

No shit.

I don't dislike leveling, don't presume to know me, I probly leveled more characters to max in WoW than you ever did, for no reason other than I enjoyed leveling during Vanilla, TBC, and Wrath.

Nope.

No, he quite specifically said he wanted RPG style combat without the RPG backend.

The style of combat is absolutely not dependent on RPG backend mechanics (leveling, gearning) any more than FPS are dependent on those things being absent... If FPS combat can cross the isle like so many looter shooters have (Destiny, Borderlands, The Division, etc), then why should typical RPG targeted ability style combat not be able to go across the isle as well?

You are being obtuse and absurd. People are allowed to like things you don't.
    More than me? you clearly have no idea who you are talking to really man listen I have been playing video games when you were inside your mother womb really. And yes I leveled up a lot of characters in my WoW career and played so many RPGs (as I mentioned I have been playing since the early 80s) before most of you even know what a video game hobby is really.