New 4k Digital Backgrounds Available

New 4k Digital Backgrounds Available
    Blizzard has posted a few 4k digital backgrounds. To see the full high-quality digital backgrounds click the thumbnails in this post.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We’ve recently seen some requests from the community for some high-quality digital backgrounds for use in home streaming or work-from-home setups. To help you in your quest to set the right mood for your streaming audience, or to just add a bit more Azeroth to your work-from-home setup, we’ve put together some 4k digital backgrounds that we hope will hit the mark.

These digital backgrounds include scenes from Visions of N’Zoth and iconic settings from World of Warcraft, as well as a peek into upcoming Shadowland zones.

Check out the available options below:

Last edited by Lumy; 2020-05-21 at 09:59 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    The Necropolis one is awesome!

I know I'm being nitpicky, but why are these jpegs? A high resolution background image needs to be png or it will have compression artifacts.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Shadowlands looks wicked.

15+ Year Old Account
    Think I have myself a new desktop background image! These are awesome.

World of warcraft is insanely picturesque, such beautiful environments the artists are great.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    I know I'm being nitpicky, but why are these jpegs? A high resolution background image needs to be png or it will have compression artifacts.
    Checked to see if anyone would find something to complain about here. You did not disappoint.

How about some phone wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Casperite View Post
    Checked to see if anyone would find something to complain about here. You did not disappoint.
    Some complains are valid, however small. Not every complaint aimed at Blizzard is garbage. People like you are no better than the whining spam in the forum dumpster fires.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

The detail of the new zones, then the sudden clash in quality against Stormwind and Ogrimmar... it's rather jarring.

Quote Originally Posted by Casperite View Post
    Hahaha I did exactly the same thing. Clicked comments thinking "how can we be negative about this one" expecting maybe "WOW WHY ARE THE DEVS WASTING TIME ON THIS INSTEAD OF GIVING ME ESSENCES FOR FREE REEEEEEEE" but "these 4k backgrounds aren't 4k enough for me reeeeeeeee" will suffice

Orgrimmar, Stormwind and Lordaeron look like trash compared to all the others.

These are really great. Thank you very much!

These are awesome. I would love them to upload them into then under the media section on the official site.

Currently there is only Bolvar listed as s wallpaper there

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    I mean, they're not wrong though. JPEGs do tend to have a lot of artifacting.
    .jpg files are generally fine, especially if file size may be a concern. I do wish Blizzard would offer .png versions, though...
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

I can dig these, but I miss the old wallpapers site WoW had ( http://us.battle.net/wow/en/media/wa...h?view=zulaman ).
    It had options for major patches in all common resolutions.

Very cool, thanks a lot for posting them!

Stormsong Valley <3 I actually took a very similar picture myself. It looks gorgeous