Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Shadowlands Alpha - Oribos Preview

Shadowlands Alpha - Build 34490 - Undead Customization, Single Shoulder Transmog

Shadowlands Alpha - Oribos Hub Preview
    The first iteration of Oribos is now available for viewing on the Shadowlands Alpha. This will be the main hub for both the Horde and Alliance during the expansion. There are currently no quests to do, but here are some notes of interest:

• There are currently four floors to explore. The main floor is the largest, with a set of stairs that lead to a small lower section and teleport pads in the center that lead to the portal room. The upstairs is currently unavailable.
    • The portal room is currently empty. Temporary placeholder portals are accessed on the outer ring of the main floor.
    • The inn is located on the right of the inner ring of the main floor.
    • The Enclave
      • Located in the lower left of the inner ring of the main floor.
      • The PvP vendors are located here. There is a conquest vendor and an honor vendor allowing you to purchase PvP gear with both currencies. There is also an upgrade NPC next to them for upgrading gear much like in Pandaria and Warlords.
      • There are also covenant embassies in this area.
    • Hall of Curiosities
      • Located in the lower right of the inner ring of the main floor.
      • You will find the barber shop, transmog NPCs, stable masters, and vendors here.
    • Hall of Holding
      • Located in the upper right of the inner ring of the main floor.
      • The bank is located here.
      • There is a large vault next to the bank in the upper right inner ring. This seems to be the location of looting your weekly chests and accomplishments.
    • Hall of Shapes
      • Located in the upper left of the inner ring of the main floor.
      • This wing is entirely devoted to professions.

Last edited by chaud; 2020-05-22 at 04:10 AM.

IDK maybe it's just because it's unfinished, but this doesn't really wow me as much as I hoped it would. Looks pretty boring so far.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure I saw a streamer visit there weeks ago, and it looked similar then.

The style looks draenei + blood elf-ish.

Looks cool though, don't know what the others were expecting.

I'm sure that won't get old fast when they add Pathfinder flying but we can't fly in there.

Hope we at least get a 100% movement speed boost indoors.

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    The style looks draenei + blood elf-ish.

Looks cool though, don't know what the others were expecting.
    I'd have described it more as Vrykul (Odyn's lot) and dwarfish.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, looks rather bland compared to SL zones. Although skybox looks amazing. I think I'll rather AFK in my covenant place.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I'd have described it more as Vrykul (Odyn's lot) and dwarfish.
    The architecture - yes. But check the furniture and ornaments.

Definitely underwhelming so far. I'd personally be on board with them just knocking out all the "walls" and everything, and just make it much more open. The skybox looks cool, and I think it would truly feel much more "otherworldly" if there were nothing but odd columns and pillars, but no real "building" of any kind.

Definitely needs a LOT of work, either way.

Looks like they took all the Pandaria art and assets and darkened the lighting a little

Honestly, I'm fine with Oribos looking bland, considering the covenant sanctums are supposed to be the "main" cities we care about, and we're gonna spend more time out in the zones anyway.

As long as we can mount indoors or get a speed buff like the Paladin/Priest order halls, whatever. It doesn't sound like we're getting many more portals than Org and Stormwind, though, and that's a bit of a concern; in Boralus and Dazar'alor we can currently portal to most of our faction's major cities, and you just know Blizzard are going to remove all but the Org/Stormwind and Nazjatar/Silithus portals from those cities.

Looks like Titan architecture and I like seeing more of that.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    I'm sure that won't get old fast when they add Pathfinder flying but we can't fly in there.

Hope we at least get a 100% movement speed boost indoors.
    See the floating waygates just in front of the skybox specific to the four covenants? When Pathfinder patch goes live, it will be activate and be the fly towards your portal, then loading screen and automatic you're in your covenant sanctum.

some of the npcs looks sad lol.

Hoping for a more open city hub though. Dont like it when they cram things together and lock it up

Futuristic architecture? ✔️
    Stone walls everywhere? ✔️
    Skybox with space oriented objects in it? ✔️
    What appears to be golems standing guard? ✔️
    Locals with legs that bend backwards? ✔️
    Massive beam of light emanating from the center of the city? ✔️

Welcome to Shattrath City 2.0 everybody.

All the interior areas I've seen this expansion have been so dark... There's like no contrast outside of some glowy props or the skybox

Quite disappointed with this. It’s missing some nice scenery - something that makes you go "wow, that's beautiful!". For example, that skybox is perfection. I’d like some indoor waterfalls. Dazar’alor, Boralus and Suramar all are gorgeous and complex. This is a 3/10 compared to them so far. It also appears to be too big and dull - too many empty spaces too. Alpha is alpha. Fair enough... but they have much more work to do.

Hope it is not full of invisible walls. Spoils the immersion. Give me the option of committing suicide if i choose to!!

This is soooooo boring

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    dalaran was far more beautier than that.