Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Look guys, it's pretty simple. If you want to buy gold, then sell a token. Anything else is RMT. If you RMT, you deserve a ban.

dont buy gold,it will got your account banned

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    Well...no...the token didn't come out until 2015 which means that the strategy before that time was to get rid of black market gold sales because it damages the economy, player experience and often involves hacked accounts. Now the strategy is to force the buyer to buy tokens after a brief ban so Blizz can prop up quarterly reports on a game in decline.
    Sorry. Force the buyer to buy tokens? I don't follow what you are implying.

As for propping up quarterly reports. I guess people just loves conspiracy theories. Gives people something to gossip about.

Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    I mean how does this effect botting?
    Where do you think the gold sellers get their gold? Stooges buy gold off their websites, get their accounts stolen, the gold sellers use the accounts to bot up more gold to sell to more stooges, rinse and repeat. All the while Blizzard has to sort out all the "wah blizz my account was hacked restore it for me" tickets.
    "Remember, never look over the long term story and try to piece together what Blizzard planned, only take singular moments out of context and blow them way out of proportion. We can argue better that way. Every time I try to look at the story as Blizzard are presenting it I'm either called a shill or a fanfiction writer." Powerogue 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Thats a lie, you dont make "millions in days" by playing the AH. Quite weird to use a throwaway account to post something like that tbh.
    With VERY little effort (just the time to set up TSM correctly, really, which CAN be time consuming - a few hours the first time - i was clearing ~250K a day with about 15 minutes of “work” (mostly clicking “yes” because you cant automate a lot of stuff now).

Its really not that hard. Does rewuire you tomhave a decent bit of coin to start up (-500K or so) but its hardly something only an elite few can do.

who would have guessed blizzard would delete shit from people who buy gold?

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    Well...no...the token didn't come out until 2015 which means that the strategy before that time was to get rid of black market gold sales because it damages the economy, player experience and often involves hacked accounts. Now the strategy is to force the buyer to buy tokens after a brief ban so Blizz can prop up quarterly reports on a game in decline.
    I guess that's the cynical/conspiracy theory view.

The actual strategy now is to give players a legitimate way to buy gold from other players without all the negatives of the black market.
    • It's a win for players buying gold because of the significant reduction in risk of getting your account hacked
    • It's a win for players who are buying tokens for gold because they can play and access items on the shop in exchange for gold rather than real money
    • It's a win for Blizzard's profit margin because they get a cut
    • It's a win for Blizzard in that they have to spend less effort trying to curb black market activities and recovering hacked accounts
    • It's a win for every subscriber because the extra revenue Blizzard get from tokens - in addition to having to spend less on repairing the damage caused by goldsellers - means they don't have to increase subscriptions
    • It's a win for every player of the game because there is less botting and less negative impact on the game economy that goes hand in hand with goldseller activity

The only losers in this whole thing are gold sellers - who are a blight on the game and shouldn't be there anyway. Everyone else wins.

Sorry, but I honestly can't understand the need of some people to insist that this is some sort of devious plot/conspiracy...

What's next, i cant steal a computer and use it in jail? How the fuck is this on page 10.

Pro tip, if ur gonna RMT, do it with a throwaway account like i did back in TBC (dont hate, i needed my epic flying)
    R I P old signature.