1. #1

    If TBC and WotLK Servers Come Out We NEED To Raise The Level Cap Again To At Least 80

    Otherwise it will feel weird that live has 60 levels max
    while WoTLK - hopefully the last classic server type -
    will have 80

    Live needs to match max level of a potential WotLK throwback server.

  2. #2
    Eh levels themselves dont mean much. They are just a means to the end game so I wouldnt worry too much.

  3. #3
    No we don't. Stop making it sound like it's mandatory while it's completely irrelevant.

  4. #4
    Levels in retail are pretty meaningless tbh. The max level could be level 2 and not much would change. The only reason they kept going up was to force you into questing and go over the new landscape. They could realistically just scale everyone’s level down to 50 again with a new expansion and add in shadowlands alongside legion BfA or other leveling areas

  5. #5
    What we really need to talk about is a Classic: Shadow Lands server.

  6. #6
    They need to cap at 60 and just have "prestige" levels. Doing the whole 60-70-80-90-100-110-120 again seems kinda pointless.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    Levels in retail are pretty meaningless tbh. The max level could be level 2 and not much would change. The only reason they kept going up was to force you into questing and go over the new landscape. They could realistically just scale everyone’s level down to 50 again with a new expansion and add in shadowlands alongside legion BfA or other leveling areas
    This is what they will most likely do. Just continue the system they have now. Doing this will keep new players coming in and not getting shafted by the leveling experience we have now regarding story.

  7. #7
    They made classic the same as old classic wow didn't they? Why would they not make any other legacy servers the same as they were?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    They made classic the same as old classic wow didn't they? Why would they not make any other legacy servers the same as they were?
    he means retail

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    What we really need to talk about is a Classic: Shadow Lands server.
    What exactly would that be?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Iiz View Post
    Otherwise it will feel weird
    Why would it feel weird?
    You're not able to separate these two, different products in your head?

  11. #11
    Merely a Setback breadisfunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    flying the exodar...into the sun.
    Posts
    25,425
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    No we don't. Stop making it sound like it's mandatory while it's completely irrelevant.
    then what is the point of a "classic" server if your just gonna get the same amount of levels as in retail? its like restoring a classic car but deciding at the last minute deciding to go with a modern interior cause it "looks better". yeah it will get you there but you just sort of defeated the point of restoring the car to classic condition. also now you have to go back and rebalance top end vanilla encounters because leveling stops at 60....
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

  12. #12
    Brewmaster Whitedragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Definitely not behind you
    Posts
    1,316
    Ya no I don't think we need to match classic servers in anyway. who cares if classic BC is 10 levels over retail.

    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    then what is the point of a "classic" server if your just gonna get the same amount of levels as in retail? its like restoring a classic car but deciding at the last minute deciding to go with a modern interior cause it "looks better". yeah it will get you there but you just sort of defeated the point of restoring the car to classic condition. also now you have to go back and rebalance top end vanilla encounters because leveling stops at 60....
    they are referring to Classic BC and WotLK (If we do indeed get them at some point) having a cap of 70 and 80 (effectively having a higher cap then current content), not moving Vanilla to 70 and 80.

  13. #13
    Mechagnome Wolfrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Tarren Mill (EU)
    Posts
    683
    We understand why you think this, but if you look at the big picture: Max level is just for new people that are levelingl up to us as veteran players it mean nothing ( since we have everyone at max level... and we will just level 10 more levels and be done.

    having a low max level makes the game look more lucrative and intereseting for new people, giving them a goal they can reach soon and each level can have its rewards.

    The thing that World of Warcraft has sufferd for a long time now is that we are getting fewer and fewer new players... that it self is horridlbe for an MMORPG... since veteran players will leave (because of life... family... job... ecc)


    So we understand that you dont want to have higher levels... but for the good of the game and the health of WoW, it should stay at 60 and at each new expansion we are pushed down to 50 to level up 10 more levels...


    This will be so good for the game and the future for us veteran palyers since the very Health of our game will be 100 times better.


    PS: the reason we ended up at level 120... was because at the time there was no system or technology that could do the squish with out making a total mess... or blizzard had not yet understood that a max low level is very health for the game since it drags new people to it.
    -

    One Learns most when Teaching others!

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    What we really need to talk about is a Classic: Shadow Lands server.
    #NoChanges

  15. #15
    For retail I think 60 feels like the most approachable number for new players when looking at the game
    and it also more easily allows us to get more abilities or ranks of them per level when it's 60

  16. #16
    How do these people get themselves banned so quickly?

  17. #17
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    27,189
    Wrong subforum and we've already got plenty of threads discussing TBC/WotLK servers. Closing this.
    "Here lies a toppled god.
    His fall was not a small one.
    We did but build his pedestal,
    A narrow and a tall one."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •