What is the leveling speed on Alpha?

I know its faster than retail. That has been stated many times.

But is it faster than retail with or without the 100% buff?

I am talking mostly about 10-50. The last 10 sre probably very slow as always.

I heard the world record on alpha is 6 hours or so. But thats the extreme 0.1% so it doesn't help me much.

Without being in it I can only speculate but if the leveling path blizz wants for new players from 10-50 is bfa content then go through the leveling content for Kul'tiras/Zuldazar and time yourself. Figure 2-3 of the zones and you will probably hit 50. 1-10 has been streamed a lot so it's safe to say ~1 hour and I doubt that will change much.

Maybe if you are a particularly slow player, you like to read quests, and rp walk... 15 hours? Less than 10 is a safe bet though.

The person I play with most is playing alpha and has levelled 2 toons to 50. He like me isn't super fast. He also levelled without doing any instances. First time took just under 12 hours /played and 2nd time just under 10 hours (making different choices). I don't think you can draw much from this as they encountered a few things like treasures that were rewarding too much xp and some unpredictable times when xp per mob seemed to suddenly dip after dinging a level. Also it seemed to him some expansions weren't yet totally fixed for the new 10-50 experience. It's also possible they might retune things when they have a good sense of how long it is taking on average.

5+ Year Old Account
    DesMephisto, the guy who achieved the 6 hour lvl cap, does not represent the "extreme 0.1%." You can watch his stream and none of his leveling tactics are unusual. He follows a similar route to AAP and doesn't use any crazy exploits. He's just very efficient. You can probs get to 10-50 in 8-9 hours as a normal player with heirlooms.

Quote Originally Posted by TorAndre View Post
    I know its faster than retail. That has been stated many times.

But is it faster than retail with or without the 100% buff?

I am talking mostly about 10-50. The last 10 sre probably very slow as always.

I heard the world record on alpha is 6 hours or so. But thats the extreme 0.1% so it doesn't help me much.
    You will be able to level from 10-50 in one expansion's zones (such as Northrend). One man said he was able to level a new character up to 50 casually in about 12 hours without heirlooms. So if you're not an extreme leveler but you are consistent about it, I would expect it to be reasonable to level a character in about 10 hours. Blizzard has already stated they want to speed up the leveling time considerably, but since it's Blizzard, who knows if they'll stick with that.
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

Quote Originally Posted by caninepawprints View Post
    You will be able to level from 10-50 in one expansion's zones (such as Northrend). One man said he was able to level a new character up to 50 casually in about 12 hours without heirlooms. So if you're not an extreme leveler but you are consistent about it, I would expect it to be reasonable to level a character in about 10 hours. Blizzard has already stated they want to speed up the leveling time considerably, but since it's Blizzard, who knows if they'll stick with that.
    Ok thanks. I heard the same. But when they said that, the 100 percent buff was allready out so I was curious if they wanted to speed it up even more.