Page 1 of 3
LastLast

New Preserved Contaminants - May 22, 2020

New Preserved Contaminants - March 22, 2020
    New Preserved Contaminants are now available for purchase from MOTHER in the Chamber of Heart.

Available in this Rotation

Choosing Your Corruption
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Choosing Your Corruption

In addition to any unlocked Essences, MOTHER will now also offer several new Preserved Contaminants, which allow for a specific Corruption effect (and the associated Corruption penalty) to be applied to a selected item. The inventory of available Preserved Contaminants will change twice each week, mirroring the Assault cadence, and will cycle through all available Corruption effects at various levels of potency.

You can use a Preserved Contaminant to apply the Corruption you purchased to any uncorrupted item that can be Corrupted, much like an enchant.
    Last edited by Lumy; 2020-06-16 at 07:52 PM.

I'm so glad that instead of relying on RNG drops from items, we now have the luxury of relying on the RNG from a vendor.

It really fixes the problem of LULRANDOM that was at the heart of people's criticism of corruption SO nicely. I can't wait to pull my hair for 6 weeks straight because the one I want didn't pop!

5+ Year Old Account
    This rotation is so garbage, Leech and Avoidance.

horrible rotation

- - - Updated - - -

horrible rotation, oh well. Hoping reset ones are better

i wish it was march

15+ Year Old Account
    Mostly not great here if you're aiming for a BiS corruption set.

Versatile 3 might be BiS for a handful of players, including tanks, PvPers, and a couple specific specs.

Ineffable Truth 2 might fit into specific builds, but as a whole, Ineffable Truth 1 is flat out better.

10+ Year Old Account
    You may want to change the Month to May!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Might pick up the acoupal vers on my prot warrior since he already has 2 of the 800vs on damage ones
    My spriest just gets more time to amass echos for when the crit one appears

Guess I can spend the next few days stockpiling Echoes for the next reset.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I'm so glad that instead of relying on RNG drops from items, we now have the luxury of relying on the RNG from a vendor.

It really fixes the problem of LULRANDOM that was at the heart of people's criticism of corruption SO nicely. I can't wait to pull my hair for 6 weeks straight because the one I want didn't pop!
    There's no "instead of" here, it's an additional system on top of what we already have. It's not like they disabled weekly caches or vision gear to suddenly never roll the corruptions you want.

Also it's not RNG, it's just that we dont know what the actual rotation is at this time.

Thanks blizz, rank 3 avoidance and rank 2 leech.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post

is it RNG though? or is it just on a cycle? currently 52 corruptions so should cycle through them at least once every 4 weeks going off this week's at least

Versatile rank 3, it begins. Hope you guys are ready for the meme builds. Full versatile corruption on every piece with vers optimal gear and essences.

Quote Originally Posted by RyusekiV2 View Post
    Versatile rank 3, it begins. Hope you guys are ready for the meme builds. Full versatile corruption on every piece with vers optimal gear and essences.
    Yeah! Arena is going to be pure cancer!
    Or... even more cancer. Already locks and mages spamming 1-2sec bolts/pyros.

Arena is even more of a joke now than it has ever been.
    Can’t be taken serious unless they put a limit on how many of each corruption you can have equipped...

10+ Year Old Account
    Just give TD already.

My only issue with this system so far is that some rank 3s, like the stat buff ones, cost 5k, but then you have rank 3 proc effects that cost like 13-15k.

They should release all corruptions and reduce the price 90% so we can try out different things and have fun with whatever corruptions we want, this system is ridiculous and frustrating. Also, they should solve the problem for people who had all essences but were unable to loot any of this valueable currency meanwhile other players simply stockpiled 20-30k echoes on their mains randomly getting full bis haste last cycle.

22 march so we teleport back in time ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dewd View Post
    i wish it was march
    ye unlucky we live in may and blizzard still lives march

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    My only issue with this system so far is that some rank 3s, like the stat buff ones, cost 5k, but then you have rank 3 proc effects that cost like 13-15k.
    Because they evidently don't have the same weight, thus why rank 3 stats only add +20 corruption as opposed to the +75 corruption that things like TD/IS add.

You can quite clearly see that costs are scaling with the amount of corruption each gives.

Imagine TD3 or Severe 3 would have been up within the 1st two rotations.
    Everybody and their mothers would whine because they do not have enough echos and people that could earn Echos before have an advantage.

There might be a reason they are holding back on those for a while...

So stop whining

BTW the cost is 200 Echos per corruption point on all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Destiny Man View Post
    Because they evidently don't have the same weight, thus why rank 3 stats only add +20 corruption as opposed to the +75 corruption that things like TD/IS add.

You can quite clearly see that costs are scaling with the amount of corruption each gives.
    But the ranks remain the same regardless of amount of corruption. For classes like my Hunter main, I’m clearly at an advantage of cost efficiency in corruption cost than other classes. For doing less work I get my max rank 3 corruption for almost 60-70% less cost than someone looking to get TD or IS.
    I’m just stating my personal opinion that ranks should determine the cost, not the corruption amount. Whether that means higher cost on stat ones or lower cost on proc ones, it just seems more fair.