Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    tbh when i first saw Moonkin form i thought it was one of those stupid things when they run out of ideas yet they have to implement new features for the xpansion

to my surprise it's still in game.. why? isn't the druids original form the caster form? why would an animal be better at spellcasting?

it's just bizzare and makes the class look silly imo

10+ Year Old Account
    What? Running around as a big chicken shooting lasers is why I love Balance.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Sounds like you haven't heard of Glyph of the stars.
    Yeah looking like giant papa smurf came all over you isn't really a good option.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Because it is.

If you are not in chicken form while playing balance. You do not deserve to play balance. If you play balance using glyph of the stars or what ever that horrible glyph is, it should reduce all dmg the balance druid does by 90%. Just because of how horrible a "choice" the player made.

- - - Updated - - -

Any person who rolls using glyph of the stars should have their druid instantly deleted the moment they use it.
    this has gotta be one of the most condescending, elitist posts i've seen in awhile lmao. Get real bro

Quote Originally Posted by Kaibhan View Post
    Yeah looking like giant papa smurf came all over you isn't really a good option.
    Exactly this.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchiMotoros View Post
    Basically any ability which requires moonkin form or references it can be reworked/renamed
    into something else, so that is in no way an objection

Owlkin frenzy doesn't even exist anymore visibly!
    Sure you can make all kinds of things, all the while taking the aspect of being a druid away. Why don't you just roll a mage then.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchiMotoros View Post
    Balance druid is a caster hence they don't need any form just like resto,
    and unlike feral or guardian.

We could even get the armor buff it provides, by making Barkskin have a passive armor increase,
    as well as a passive ability Shapeshifter - in which the druid shrugs of polymorph effects.

Even the master shapeshifter pvp talent can be reworked: Balance Affinity
    After you cast Moonfire, the cast time of your Solar Wrath, Lunar Strike and Starsurge is reduced by 30% for 10 sec. Can only occur once every 30 seconds.

All "problems" solved.
    By that logic ferals and guardians don't need forms either. You can just go like "ima take aspect of cat and rip you, lololol" - other melees can already use bleeds w/o requiring forms.

As I said, you can "fix" all "problems" if you take literally the core of being a druid and throw it away. Really, just reroll the other class that you wannabe like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterland View Post
    In the realm of 'stats I pulled out of my ass'...
    Eh. Maybe. But I wouldn't be playing balance anymore, I don't like the chickenbird. And people like Ultrabbit can kiss my Astral ass. I don't see a problem with the current system. People who like boomkin can play boomkin. People who don't have Glyph of Stars. Everyone (except Ultrabbit for some reason) is happy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    While I personally enjoy the glyph of stars since it’s basically shadow form for Balance, it’s still a bandaid solution.

But it also represents a slippery slope; if we allow balance to have cosmetic only forms, what about feral or bears?

The big issue is really that moonkin just look so irredeemably stupid.
    Which brings up another possibility, alternate boomkin forms.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Because....the entire fantasy of the druid is shape shifting. It has been since literally day 1 vanilla beta. All you people asking to change it are the ones whi ruined it.

The already destroyed it by introducing that fail glyph in the first place.
    YOUR "entire fantasy of druid" is shapeshifting. Thank fuck you dont get to decide things for every other player, even though you think you do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Which brings up another possibility, alternate boomkin forms.
    Would be dope if Balance form were like Malfurion, mostly humanoid but with added druidic features like antlers and feathered arms etc, but that would probably be hard to do with gear.

Or hell, give druids class specific customizations like DKs and DHs have.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    To be fair, the spec does throw stars at people
    Yeah, but they dont cast starsurge. That's not druid enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine playing a class that's all about changing into the form of an animal or some type of animal-kin and then complaining about it. Seriously, how stupid can you be? It's like complaining about going into stealth as a rogue. It's like complaining about using pets as a hunter. It's like complaining about charge as a warrior. Go find a wall and bash your head into it until you realize the fact that druids aren't for you if you don't like shape-shifting. Go play a mage, warlock, shadow priest or w/e if you want to be a caster and not shape-shift. I'm tired of all these idiots complaining about stuff when there's no grounds to complain. "I want to look cute in my transmog I worked so hard for" You didn't work hard, you wasted your time doing legacy content and did so on a class that knowingly shape-shifts in almost every single spec (minus resto). Thanks OP, didn't realize I had that pent up, felt good to get it out. You're still wrong though.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Just make a glyph to show current character and gear. If players don't want to be in moonkin form, them seek out a glyph to change. Shape shifts are core to the Druid class. It should be baseline. If you want something different make the change. I support glyphs to see the character race over shapeshift for all forms
    as well as good what i said.

as long as eveybody has all 3 options (caster, moonkin, stars) everything is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    Sure you can make all kinds of things, all the while taking the aspect of being a druid away. Why don't you just roll a mage then.

By that logic ferals and guardians don't need forms either. You can just go like "ima take aspect of cat and rip you, lololol" - other melees can already use bleeds w/o requiring forms.

As I said, you can "fix" all "problems" if you take literally the core of being a druid and throw it away. Really, just reroll the other class that you wannabe like.
    don't repeat your same bullshit over and over

you don't have arguments, so just shut the fuck up

be happy it will still be available as a glyph and not removed the fuck away

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Imagine playing a class that's all about changing into the form of an animal or some type of animal-kin and then complaining about it. Seriously, how stupid can you be? It's like complaining about going into stealth as a rogue. It's like complaining about using pets as a hunter. It's like complaining about charge as a warrior. Go find a wall and bash your head into it until you realize the fact that druids aren't for you if you don't like shape-shifting. Go play a mage, warlock, shadow priest or w/e if you want to be a caster and not shape-shift. I'm tired of all these idiots complaining about stuff when there's no grounds to complain. "I want to look cute in my transmog I worked so hard for" You didn't work hard, you wasted your time doing legacy content and did so on a class that knowingly shape-shifts in almost every single spec (minus resto). Thanks OP, didn't realize I had that pent up, felt good to get it out. You're still wrong though.
    Go suck a donkey's dick if you love animals that much you fucking moron

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emmithyst View Post
    Yeah, bring tree form back!!
    https://www.wowhead.com/item=136787/...ds-treant-form

I'm fairly certain it was a minor glyph during at least one expansion, but they appear to have moved it into a learned ability (for no practical reason I can see).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/item=136787/...ds-treant-form

I'm fairly certain it was a minor glyph during at least one expansion, but they appear to have moved it into a learned ability (for no practical reason I can see).
    It's really inconvenient to basically just being pointless. As a druid you shit all the time, nobody wants to spend a global to shift in a form you will shift out of in mere seconds. In PvP anyway. I think they should make it an option like they do with the Druid flight mounts, just for cosmetic reasons, when you heal you turn into tree in combat.

Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post

So by your faulty reasoning any class which doesn't have KFC form is a "wannabe mage"?

Fuck, even DKs are wannabe mages because they cast spells duh :O

you utterly miss two points:

1) KFC form is still available as a skill book

2) Casters are not melee classes - which means bears and cats need their form to attack, while balance and resto druids do not.

Play the way you want. Choice is never a bad thing. Don't creepily stare at other people.

Seeing as how we just got high elves, I'm expecting this change to be out sometime soon

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post

you fucking idiot:

One: There are unique abilities like Pick Pocket only usable in Stealth, unlike kfc form which doesn't even get you anything new.
    Not to mention, druids have stealth too, and they can see first hand how much it differs.

Two: Hunters can already opt out of pets if they so desire. Ever heard of Marksmanship?

Three: Seeing as how you already ran out of options, charge isn't even an ability which changes visuals

you are just a fucking retard trying so hard to be a smartass.
    Last edited by Asmogold; 2020-05-28 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmogold View Post
    So by your faulty reasoning any class which doesn't have KFC form is a "wannabe mage"?

2) Casters are not melee classes - which means bears and cats need their form to attack, while balance and resto druids do not.

Play the way you want. Choice is never a bad thing. Don't creepily stare at other people.

Seeing as how we just got high elves, I'm expecting this change to be out sometime soon
    No, DK's are DK's. If you took spells away from DK's they'd just become wannabe warriors, just like you want to do for druids by taking their shapeshifting away.

1) You can currently play without moonkin form just fine, and like I said earlier you could just have moonkin form not increase the damage of your spells - but other benefits such as armor or Owlkin Frenzy don't make sense to have without it

2) Rogues and warriors can attack just fine without any forms, monks can do all their damage with fists too. Theres no reason, according to your logic, for ferals and guardians needing their forms. You could just "still have them in spell book, but do all damage and get all benefits in caster form"

Choice is not a bad thing, you can reroll a mage if you want to play a mage and you can reroll a druid if you like shapeshifting and forms mattering.

No caster druids in lore use that stupid form.. why are players forced to? I don't get it.
    I love playing my druid and Glyph of Stars is a half measure but I'd rather just look normal and not like a blue ghost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmogold View Post

- - - Updated - - -

you fucking idiot:

One: There are unique abilities like Pick Pocket only usable in Stealth, unlike kfc form which doesn't even get you anything new.
    Not to mention, druids have stealth too, and they can see first hand how much it differs.

Two: Hunters can already opt out of pets if they so desire. Ever heard of Marksmanship?

Three: Seeing as how you already ran out of options, charge isn't even an ability which changes visuals

you are just a fucking retard trying so hard to be a smartass.
    I applaud your emotional spewfest, but you're still wrong and moonkin isn't going anywhere. So like, deal with it buddy. Druids shapeshift, end of discussion.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.