Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Night Fae and Venthyr Allied Races

Worgen and Undead are still missing their allied races.
    The back of each embassy still needs another final flagpole for both Horde and Alliance.

Kyrians can just fuck off - we got 2 types of humans already.
    And Maldraxxus has nothing to offer besides skeletons, which we also got in the form of Undead.

Worgen get Night Fae.

Undead get Venthyr - Finally a proper vampire race - so we can properly roleplay vampires vs werewolves.

Actually I want kyrians because I want to RP as an evil genocidal deus vult archangel. So please make kyrians playable asap and possibly add the dark variant as well, the rest can wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    unfortunately, you hit on why kyrians will be the next allied race. They are humans, but blue. Hence they'll be alliance while the horde get the gargoyles. Then *maybe* near the end of the expansion we'll get a worse version of both night fae and venthyr.

Also make sure to guess correctly which race will go to which faction to save a month+ of grinding~
    A simple change that can improve the female worgen:
    http://tinypic.com/r/1zq7p0g/7

Quote Originally Posted by Rakshata View Post
    unfortunately, you hit on why kyrians will be the next allied race. They are humans, but blue. Hence they'll be alliance while the horde get the gargoyles. Then *maybe* near the end of the expansion we'll get a worse version of both night fae and venthyr.

Also make sure to guess correctly which race will go to which faction to save a month+ of grinding~
    Why would anyone get Gargoyles instead of Venthyr? Gargoyles are not happening.

15+ Year Old Account
    How would any of these dead races be playable races? These are all truly dead. That we know of anyway.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    How would any of these dead races be playable races? These are all truly dead. That we know of anyway.
    Not saying it will happen but if the rift doesn't close I'm sure its possible many from shadowlands would want to come experience the "real world". Or if we do some could get stranded here. Plus not every race is dead some are native to the Shadowlands. And hunters are getting a ton of pets in Shadowlands and a massive stable size increase its not like all those new pets are going to disappear once Shadowlands is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Why would anyone get Gargoyles instead of Venthyr? Gargoyles are not happening.
    Because Gargoyles are cool as fuck and since they are created both the Horde and Alliance would probably want that "technology". But I think he was making a joke about how they just slap some paint on the Alliance allied races while they actually created a unique race (vulpera) for the Horde. I doubt we would ever get them though even if they have already shown a willingness to create races that can only show 45% of their armor(mechagnome)
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2020-05-23 at 05:58 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Chad Satyr > virgin fauns
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

If we get Venthyr, and they don't have a metamorphosis racial that turns them into Gargoyle forms, I'm going to riot.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    so are the forsaken and death knights?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    so are the forsaken and death knights?
    True, but we are meeting souls in the SL, and I’m not sure how their bodies would look in Azeroth; if the soul of a human becomes Kyrian, for example, would they be raised back from their original human body? Would it even be accessible any longer?

To be fair, if the desire for these to be Allied races is there, they can create a plot device to make it work, and they have the Calia Menethil resurrection template to create Forsaken without some of the less desirable side effects, so anything is possible
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Not saying I agree with people wanting these as playable races, but Shadowlands is just where the dead go. It doesn’t mean everything there is dead or on the same plane of existence. Think of Heaven and Hell in most religions. The dead go there but it doesn’t mean God and the angels or the Devil and the demons are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I want to RP as an evil genocidal deus vult archangel. So please make kyrians playable asap and possibly add the dark variant as well, the rest can wait.
    That's what Lightforged Draenei are for.

Quote Originally Posted by Rune B View Post
    That's what Lightforged Draenei are for.
    Draenei are goofy and dont have quite the same appeal as angels.

True, but we are meeting souls in the SL, and I’m not sure how their bodies would look in Azeroth; if the soul of a human becomes Kyrian, for example, would they be raised back from their original human body? Would it even be accessible any longer?

To be fair, if the desire for these to be Allied races is there, they can create a plot device to make it work, and they have the Calia Menethil resurrection template to create Forsaken without some of the less desirable side effects, so anything is possible
    In the DC universe it's possible to open a portal to the land of the dead with just a dead rat and a bottle of whiskey. Not much is in the way of dead people coming back to life, either. Warcraft lore rules are even loosie-goosier than DC comics, so I don't see that being such a big deal, could be as basic and boring as them stepping through a portal.

Quote Originally Posted by ASIS View Post
    Worgen and Undead are still missing their allied races.
    The back of each embassy still needs another final flagpole for both Horde and Alliance.

Kyrians can just fuck off - we got 2 types of humans already.
    And Maldraxxus has nothing to offer besides skeletons, which we also got in the form of Undead.

Worgen get Night Fae.

Undead get Venthyr - Finally a proper vampire race - so we can properly roleplay vampires vs werewolves.
    It's a tossup as to whether the Night Fae would be the worgen or Night Elf Allied Race, in my opinion, because Void Elves could be seen as both races' counterparts.

They're elves, sure, but they're also transformed by an outside force and determined to master its power despite the constant danger of succumbing to it, which is a theme they share with worgen.

This is important because when it comes to Allied Races, Blizzard aren't shy about stealing their own lore; the Nightborne are just TBC-era Blood Elves.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

the only thing i want from allied races right now is a new alliance race that can be a paladin.

Covenants are shared, so we will likely never see races from any faction restricted to a single faction. The realistic possibility is we get to unlock a new race based on our dedication to a particular covenant, and the race will get to choose a faction (like Pandarans)

Do people really think we'll be getting allied races this expansion? Why would we?
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Kynario View Post
    Do people really think we'll be getting allied races this expansion? Why would we?
    They have all but confirmed the Allied Race concept is how races will be added going forward.

It has benefits to base races. First, they can be added at any time to the game as opposed to launch day.
    They start a a higher level and as of Shadowlands, the highest you can start a new character (Base Races DK as well as DH start at 8).
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2020-05-24 at 08:24 PM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Chad Satyr > virgin fauns
    This guy gets it.