Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Never could get why Darkseid was written so 2-dimensional...evil for evil's sake.
    Acquittal doesn't mean exoneration

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Never could get why Darkseid was written so 2-dimensional...evil for evil's sake.
    I actually liked that about him. Sometimes I don't need some misguided morally grey code for a villain to work.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

I guess I'm comparing Darkseid with Thanos...
    To be fair, Thanos originally was just as 2-d...and when Jim Starlin took over with his cosmic operas, things got really going with "Magus," Warlock's evil incarnation...the entire story of that gets a little...baroque at times to me. (And Starlin's habit of killing his...work...)
    But Thanos was pretty awesome even then.
    Acquittal doesn't mean exoneration

Marvel:
    Spider-Man
    Hulk
    Wolverine

DC
    Deathstroke
    Joker
    Green Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I guess I'm comparing Darkseid with Thanos...
    To be fair, Thanos originally was just as 2-d...and when Jim Starlin took over with his cosmic operas, things got really going with "Magus," Warlock's evil incarnation...the entire story of that gets a little...baroque at times to me. (And Starlin's habit of killing his...work...)
    But Thanos was pretty awesome even then.
    Darkseid is supposed to be an allegory of the devil; evil incarnate, which makes sense given Jack Kirby's intention with the character and the entire myth that surrounds Darkseid. He's opposite Highfather of New Genesis, pretty much DC Comics' God allegory. Without the New Gods, Darkseid is kind of bland. That's DC Comics' biggest mistake when they just have him invade Earth and battle The Justice League. It would be like using Darth Vader without Luke Skywalker. The most interesting thing about Darkseid is his son, Orion, his desire to overthrow Highfather and the other New Gods, attain the Anti-Life Equation, and essentially become God himself. Stripped of that surrounding mythos, he's just evil for evil's sake.

I always disliked Thanos because he's BLATANTLY Darkseid's rip off, with a big ridiculous wrinkled pink chin to boot. They couldn't even rip it off well. The chair was ripped right out of Metron's Mobious Chair, and Metron, who was originally the character Marvel was ripping off until an editor said "no, rip off the big guy!" So yeah. Thanos = Darkseid ripoff in Metron's Mobious Chair. I mean, that's common knowledge for most comic book fans, but I could never get over that and find Thanos even remotely interesting because of the fact.
    Last edited by Kyphael; Yesterday at 01:49 AM.

Thor
    Starlord
    Loki

Aquaman
    Green Arrow
    Green Lantern maybe?
    Attention all members of staff, corporate asks that in these trying pandemic times we stay safe and avoid spreading the virus, therefore please remain at your desks at all times, you ARE allowed to contact friends and family using company phones, but you must always maintain productivity. Leaving your desk will result in a written warning, and leaving the office will result in immediate termination.

Marvel

1. Cyclops - I identified a lot with the character, bit of a stiff, bit of a loner, unironically similar to how I am. Didn't always care for how Marvel chose to write him though.
    2. Apocalypse - I loved the concept for him, being an ageless mutant. His mini series was pretty good. Jon Colicos was the perfect voice for him in the animated series. Didn't care for what Marvel did to him in the 12 storyline, revealing him to basically be Mr Magoo in an Apocalypse suit, dumb.
    3. Bit of a tie here, between Cable & Mr Sinister. Cable - Because he's the wild man of Borneo. Thought he had a pretty interesting story, good twist when it was revealed who he was. Sinister - Rather mysterious, though more of his origin has certainly been filled in.

DC

1. Batman - Because....he's Batman.
    2. Superman - He can certainly be boring, but he's the poster child of what it is to be a superhero, the Doomsday story springs to mind, willing to give his life to stop Doomsday, the newer animated film covering the story was really good too.
    3. Joker - Sometimes it's easy to understand why he lost his marbles.
    Do I really look like a guy with a plan?

Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    DC: Batman, Superman, Flash

Marvel: Spider-man, Wolverine
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

Warrior-Magi at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron