Spider-Man
    Hulk
    Wolverine

DC
    Deathstroke
    Joker
    Green Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I guess I'm comparing Darkseid with Thanos...
    To be fair, Thanos originally was just as 2-d...and when Jim Starlin took over with his cosmic operas, things got really going with "Magus," Warlock's evil incarnation...the entire story of that gets a little...baroque at times to me. (And Starlin's habit of killing his...work...)
    But Thanos was pretty awesome even then.
    Darkseid is supposed to be an allegory of the devil; evil incarnate, which makes sense given Jack Kirby's intention with the character and the entire myth that surrounds Darkseid. He's opposite Highfather of New Genesis, pretty much DC Comics' God allegory. Without the New Gods, Darkseid is kind of bland. That's DC Comics' biggest mistake when they just have him invade Earth and battle The Justice League. It would be like using Darth Vader without Luke Skywalker. The most interesting thing about Darkseid is his son, Orion, his desire to overthrow Highfather and the other New Gods, attain the Anti-Life Equation, and essentially become God himself. Stripped of that surrounding mythos, he's just evil for evil's sake.

I always disliked Thanos because he's BLATANTLY Darkseid's rip off, with a big ridiculous wrinkled pink chin to boot. They couldn't even rip it off well. The chair was ripped right out of Metron's Mobious Chair, and Metron, who was originally the character Marvel was ripping off until an editor said "no, rip off the big guy!" So yeah. Thanos = Darkseid ripoff in Metron's Mobious Chair. I mean, that's common knowledge for most comic book fans, but I could never get over that and find Thanos even remotely interesting because of the fact.
    Last edited by Kyphael; 2020-05-29 at 01:49 AM.

Marvel

1. Cyclops - I identified a lot with the character, bit of a stiff, bit of a loner, unironically similar to how I am. Didn't always care for how Marvel chose to write him though.
    2. Apocalypse - I loved the concept for him, being an ageless mutant. His mini series was pretty good. Jon Colicos was the perfect voice for him in the animated series. Didn't care for what Marvel did to him in the 12 storyline, revealing him to basically be Mr Magoo in an Apocalypse suit, dumb.
    3. Bit of a tie here, between Cable & Mr Sinister. Cable - Because he's the wild man of Borneo. Thought he had a pretty interesting story, good twist when it was revealed who he was. Sinister - Rather mysterious, though more of his origin has certainly been filled in.

DC

1. Batman - Because....he's Batman.
    2. Superman - He can certainly be boring, but he's the poster child of what it is to be a superhero, the Doomsday story springs to mind, willing to give his life to stop Doomsday, the newer animated film covering the story was really good too.
    3. Joker - Sometimes it's easy to understand why he lost his marbles.

10+ Year Old Account
    DC: Batman, Superman, Flash

Marvel: Spider-man, Wolverine
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Mr Sinister, Onslaught and Dr Doom

Marvel:
    Punisher - best hero that is not a hero, the older I am, the more it appeals to me
    Psylocke - best ass
    Venom - best look by McFarlane

DC:
    Lobo - best misogynistic hero
    Batman - only the dark stuff
    Green Lantern - omg I wanted that ring so badly when I was a teenager

Marvel
    1 Chamber - hits me in the demographics
    2 Col. Liger - Kicked ass, had a talking gun and survived suicide by Wolverine
    3 Madrox - He/his possibilities are endless

DC
    1 Constantine - A piece of British grit in the (often sugary) American melting pot
    2 Shade (the Changing Man) - Because Pop Art had forgotten how to Dada
    3 Anarky - Lots of potential, gets used as a real wildcard and puts a spotlight on Batman's bullshit

Marvel:

Cable - Always loved his ends justify the means of doing most things. Plus time travel and being older that is father is always neat to see how they interact.
    Cyclops - Because Cyclops was right.
    Apocolypse - Always got more excited to see stories involving him than any other X-Men villain.

DC:

Guy Gardner - Went to University of Michigan, my alma mater. Plus it was fun seeing what a typical jock would be as a superhero as opposed to a villain.
    Hal Jordan - Boring old Hal, but the quintessential GL.
    Eobard Thawne - Always loved this character.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    If only there were a group of people who has could help train young mutants to get there powers under control.

She’s also not the first person to go though trauma and doesn’t know if they can go on that doesn’t make murdering her any more justified.

He puts him self above her because of his ego and as she points out he would never have made the other choice.
    But they have to be willing. She wanted out and saw no other way, except for X offing himself, which she knows is not going to happen, nor should it because of his importance. Yes it is his ego why he wouldn't do that, but she also wanted to die to end the problems.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    DC comics are irrelevent. Though Joker from Dark knight was pretty good.
    I actually agree. I find most if their stuff boring and very unrelatable. Although I have always had a fondness to the lantern corps/space opera stuffs and the speed forces and speedsters are always fun. But seriously DC the strength, sage , and still forces?

Pedestrian as some of these are, there's a reason they're popular.

Marvel
    • Iron Man. I loved him long before the movies came out, even during his dick phases. And yes, he's had more than one. I mean, who wouldn't want to have a bunch of awesome exoskeletal suits that can fly and do all kinds of marvelous things, all while being stupid rich, charming, handsome, and a hit with the ladies (or men if that's your preference)?
    • Deadpool. Say what you will about him being a rip off (like many other Marvel characters, Iron Man included; he's just Batman with cooler gadgets and a better personality), but Deadpool is a lot of fun. And I enjoy being entertained.
    • Spider-Man. I mean, he's Spider-Man. He's had his ups and downs just like everyone else in comics, but overall he's just a really great character who has to deal with real world issues, has a fun power set, and a personality that's not only easy to relate to, but fun to read.

DC
    • Superman. Again, say what you will, but he's the modern day incarnation of Hercules, and I've always loved Greek and Roman epics. Fuck his movie adaptations (yes, that includes Christopher Reeves'), but when he's written and depicted properly, he's literally the pinnacle of a superhero that all the others look up to. The 90's animated series' was probably the best portrayal of the character I can possibly think of, even amongst the comics. My only criticism is that they draw him as being way too muscular for a dude who gets all his strength from eating sunlight.
    • Batman. Also again, he's popular for a reason. Except he was not only portrayed well in the 90s series', but there's been several runs in the comics in which he was pretty much iconic. And his rogue's gallery is the best out of pretty much any other superhero, DC or Marvel.
    • Flash. When portrayed correctly (fuck you CW, and fuck you WB live action movies) he's right up there with Spider-Man for likability and relatibility. Sure, his power set is grossly overpowered and never, ever, ever portrayed as powerful as it really is (E=mc², dammit!), nevermind horribly inconsistent ("Hi, I'm the CW Flash, I can only run like a couple hundred miles per hour and it takes me several seconds to just run around a single block, but watch me run to another city, buy some pizza, and run back in the blink of an eye!), but it's still a really fun to imagine having.

Marvel:
    1:Venom
    2:Spiderman
    3:Moonknight/Darth Vader (Marvel does the Star Wars comic line, so i am shoe-horning them in lol)

DC
    1:Batman
    2:Superman
    3:Constantine

DC:
    Joker: the frickin Joker man. Does things for the sake of chaos and his own personal enjoyment, yet still has methods to his madness.
    Harley: before she became a scantily clad fan service favorite, she was an awesome sidekick/partner to Joker in the animated series. She also came across tragic and emotional when it showed her abusive relationship with the Joker, but still has moments where she comes across strong and self reliant while being just as crazy as Joker.
    Batman: shouldn’t even have to be said. Just a regular guy with money that gets by on intelligence, martial arts training, and inventions. Took down Superman.

Marvel:
    Spider-Man: original merc with a mouth, but as the wise cracking friendly neighborhood Spider-Man.
    Wolverine: looking back he’s almost a worthless character, but he comes across as awesome. So many people my age loved this guy from simple awesome factor.
    Morbius: mainly just due to being an immortal vampire. Has an awesome design. He’s also a freaking vampire.