Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    The story is not a linear plot progressing over time. The story has 20 different lines of plot, stopping and starting whenever. Also, you need to buy things outside of the game (books) to understand what is happening, now and during the gap between expansions. In short, most people playing the game have no idea what is going on. Will this ever change? Will WoW ever tell a main story and stick to it, instead of telling 20 different stories, stopping and starting at random points each?
    Hence why they are changing the way you level and choose which expansion. While newer players jump right into the most recent expansion so their not dealing with cata then bc/wrath then back to cata or mop but missing the entire plot as to why we got there. Once their max and want to go see the old stories / content they can. Giving newer players more content at end game. Im excited for this "pick any expansion to level through" especially with the new character customization. You can to an extent create your own story for how / when this character started out.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    I don't think so at this point. I think Blizzard has settled into their "theme park" design where each continent, each zone, and each quest hub is its own self-contained self-themed little area.

I'd love to see a WoW with the kind of linear in-depth storytelling of say an FF14, but I don't think it's happening. This is the niche WoW made for itself.
    9.0 Speculation Thread #1 Leakbuster

Finally guessed the expansion right for the first time since MoP.

Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

I would have to agree that the storyline in wow is very disjointed. Wasn't Sargeras meant to be the overall bad guy? Now that he is captured we won't see him again? How do the void lords fit in? I don't get it.

I love that there are books between xpacs. The game itself does move the stories forward, it might be as seamless as I'd like and there's definitely discrepancies.. That said, its super cool to read a novel, then log in and go visit the places in game where things occurred in the novel.

War of the Ancients, then doing the Well of Eternity (Cata) dungeon was awesome.

Doubt it blizzards writing have been terrible for along time now and not only that but they retcon pretty much everything.
    Do you hear the voices too?