Poll: Which set do you prefer?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Angry Mail Night Fae Armor - New Set vs Old Set

Go ahead and vote, but I have to ask
    No way I'm alone in being straight irked at this, right?

I already raced-changed my Shaman based on the first 'Shellbug' looking set, and now I don't want to go anywhere near the Night Fae with this.

Sure, it's my fault for doing that so early, but it's like if I pre-ordered the expansion based on the Plate Armor they showed off. IMAGINE the outrage of Plate wearers if they changed those. ( <<< Ignore this dumbass comment of mine honestly.)

Original

New

Hell I might have to shelf my Shaman until I can justify race changing it again now. Yeesh Blizz, what a blow to my hype.
    Last edited by Archmage Xaxxas; 2020-05-22 at 06:34 PM.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post

I already raced-changed my Shaman based on the first 'Shellbug' looking set, and now I don't want to go anywhere near the Night Fae with this.

Sure, it's my fault for doing that so early, but
    there's no "But" about it. it's an alpha. you made a poor decision, blizz isnt responsible

Don't make financial decisions based on early alpha. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Redzonetode View Post
    there's no "But" about it. it's an alpha. you made a poor decision, blizz isnt responsible
    Totally there's a But about it. It just takes empathy to see. You excluded the reasonable question I ask, as to if the Plate sets were changed, how would people feel and react? Probably worse than I feel.

They ain't responsible, no, though I didn't claim they were.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Don't make financial decisions based on early alpha. Thanks!
    Yea well, first and* last time I guess. Never had trust issues with Blizzard before. Isn't this unprecedented? Has a set ever been just swapped so willy-nilly? I've been watching Datamining since Cata and I can't recall another time it's happened.
    Last edited by Archmage Xaxxas; 2020-05-22 at 01:47 AM.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    For Azeroth!

10+ Year Old Account
    Is OP for real? There's no way anybody is this dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Is OP for real? There's no way anybody is this dumb.
    Unnecessary comment, but yes I am. (For real)

Edit: Only just realized your clever way to get me to insult myself, nice one.
    Last edited by Archmage Xaxxas; 2020-05-22 at 01:48 AM.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    For Azeroth!

First of all, there is no conspiracy where blizzard bows and scrapes to chad plate wearers then like a battered housewife turns around abuses poor put upon mailwearers.

Secondly, blizzard will probably reuse the assets down the line either in a later patch or maybe even for the night fae levelling gear.

Finally, don't race change based on an alpha, dont preorder any product ever and don't trust Blizzard to you have what was promised in your hands.

Edit; I prefer the older one, exclusively because those weird tight hood with the face covers look goofy as hell.
    Last edited by Saltysquidoon; 2020-05-22 at 01:39 AM.

I like bugs and even I would easily pick the second set over the first set.

I do like the asymmetrical-ness of the old mail shoulders but the new one's better overall.

The new set looks way better, that being said i hope the shellbug asethic get used in other armour sets during Shadowlands.

But yeah this entirety rests on your head

This is the most autistic post I’ve read today.

10+ Year Old Account

Sure, it's my fault for doing that so early, but it's like if I pre-ordered the expansion based on the Plate Armor they showed off. IMAGINE the outrage of Plate wearers if they changed those.

Hell I might have to shelf my Shaman until I can justify race changing it again now. Yeesh Blizz, what a blow to my hype.
    100% your fault. Making a decision like that despite the early/WIP state that Shadowlands is in was straight-up dumb, and nothing but.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    100% your fault. Making a decision like that despite the early/WIP state that Shadowlands is in was straight-up dumb, and nothing but.
    You must have missed the part where I said it was my fault
    Last edited by Archmage Xaxxas; 2020-05-22 at 01:54 AM.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    For Azeroth!

Sure, it's my fault for doing that so early, but it's like if I pre-ordered the expansion based on the Plate Armor they showed off. IMAGINE the outrage of Plate wearers if they changed those.

Original

New

Yeah that ones on you. Why would you even do that?

Also the new armor looks so much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I don't care if he committed tax fraud. Scoring political victories and crushing the aspirations of your political opponents is more important than adhering to moral principles.
    Well at least they're being honest now.

Uhm people would be saying the exact same thing they're saying to you, that you're incredibly stupid for race-changing for something that is only datamined and is months away from release.

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    Yeah that ones on you. Why would you even do that?

Also the new armor looks so much better.
    Trying to be Blizz's little good boy I guess.

I wouldn't have done it, if I didn't feel compelled to try each covenant for Blizzard's sake. My Mag'har Orc from BFA wasn't fitting into SL lorewise at all for me, so I figured taking a Zandalari to Ardenweald would be a decent fit.

Thing is, I wasn't doing it for the shellbug armor, but because since that -was- the mail armor, and my Blackrock/Fiery-Eyed Orc wasn't going to fit into this borderline 'lightning' looking set.
    But now I'm not even sure where to bring the Zanda, if I want a new armor set still, that is.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    For Azeroth!

Old was better yes but not in theme with the furry stuff of that covenants I see how the new one could appeal to that fantasy

Has the old one been removed? Seems like this is just another set that exists. Might be the Ardenweald dungeon or levelling greens?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Honestly, somebody made a pretty good comment before. Maybe the bug set will be a cosmetic set from the Mists of Tirna Scithe dungeon (which has one of those beetle bugs as a last boss that the set is based on), and the new set will become the mail Ardenweald set.

The same way BfA had that Cloth Tidepriest set from that dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Has the old one been removed? Seems like this is just another set that exists. Might be the Ardenweald dungeon or levelling greens?
    I hope I'm jumping the gun here too, but given the attitude of the masses replying, it seems I'd be even more naive to keep hoping that.

So far it doesn't seem like each Covenant/Zone is coming with Leveling gear. It seems the Oribos recolours will drop in each respective zone during questing.

Revendreth/Venthyr styled sets are only doubling over because of the Raid.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    For Azeroth!