Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    21,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    You are only making a fool of yourself by presenting us with timegates THAT MAKE SENSE and are for the greater good of game design and for the players.

    This one...makes no sense...and is for the greater good of no one.
    And there it is, you fell for it.

    "timegates THAT MAKE SENSE and are for the greater good of game design and for the players."

    Who are you to decide what timegates are, and are not for the greater good of game design, and for the players?

    Who are you to decide having to wait 4 days to craft a mooncloth, and needing 12 of them to craft a peice of armor GOOD for the player. but then to say having to wait 3 and a half days for corruptions to rotate is BAD for the players?
    I think i should be able to craft a mooncloth whenever the fuck i like, as long as i get the items needed to craft it, who are YOU to decide that timegate is good, while corruption shop rotation is bad?



    Who the fuck are you to decide that hm"?


    Remebmer when only like 5 minutes ago you were saying all timegates are bad? now suddenly you are saying "Oh vanilla timegates were good, only new timegates are bad!" and there is the Bias showing shadow, oooof how sorry for you mate.

    1 second its "all timegates are bad" next second its "no my timegates are good, yours are bad!"
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2020-05-24 at 03:34 PM.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    But EVERY SINGLE PERSON replying to me instead of presenting counter arguments and using common sense...they are personally attacking me????????
    This only makes it worse and make me think even harder this is a scheme...which is only making things worse...for me, at least.

    So...could any of you defend Blizzard on this game design without attacking me and using common sense?
    Please?
    Oh spare me the pity party. You're going around accusing people of being knowing complicit in some grand Blizzard scheme to waste people's time so you're in no position to start feeling victimised by "personal attacks".

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    No, I mean exactly what I stated in response to the other persons attempt at an example and how it falls flat.
    Also, I’m really tired to this excuse of “keep people subbed.” If people are subbed to play the game, then waiting for a cycle of something to be available makes no difference as that person is still subbed regardless of waiting for a specific item to be available.
    If said person is waiting for that item to then join in and play, then they can obviously just unsub until it’s up and then resub when it’s up to play them. This point is even further terrible decision making as said person is even further behind for just not doing the content they want said items for, especially when they lose power by waiting out and not doing what they want.
    This example of yours, and others, is terrible and makes no sense when actually given any real thought.
    In this post you say why my argument makes no sense. Ok, fair enough

    But you dont explain why the Blizzard's design makes sense though...why is this timagate "a thing".

    why?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Great Destiny Man View Post
    Oh spare me the pity party. You're going around accusing people of being knowing complicit in some grand Blizzard scheme to waste people's time so you're in no position to start feeling victimised by "personal attacks".
    Then tell us "Why" is this timegate good and makes sense for the player...

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    In this post you say why my argument makes no sense. Ok, fair enough

    But you dont explain why the Blizzard's design makes sense though...why is this timagate "a thing".

    why?
    That wasn’t the question you posed to me. Others have also answered you, so why should I repeat their answer to you?
    Also, I refer back to the rest of my post that you ignored:

    “Also, I’m really tired to this excuse of “keep people subbed.” If people are subbed to play the game, then waiting for a cycle of something to be available makes no difference as that person is still subbed regardless of waiting for a specific item to be available.”

  5. #45
    entitled mentality in a nutshell. so boring. these people should just quit if they hate it so much. never understood how can someone play a game that he feels so hateful to even write on forums how bad it is yet still keep playing it. baffling. i have things i dont like in its current state but i still play every day and not planning to stop. so what corruption sucks. big whoop.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    That wasn’t the question you posed to me. Others have also answered you, so why should I repeat their answer to you?
    Also, I refer back to the rest of my post that you ignored:

    “Also, I’m really tired to this excuse of “keep people subbed.” If people are subbed to play the game, then waiting for a cycle of something to be available makes no difference as that person is still subbed regardless of waiting for a specific item to be available.”
    Like i said...yet again...you are not defending Blizzard...you are attacking me like everyone else...

    Non arguments.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Then tell us "Why" is this timegate good and makes sense for the player...
    I already gave you my reasoning in the original reply to you. Actually read what people are saying before you try to claim no-one has any counter arguments.

  8. #48
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    21,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    In this post you say why my argument makes no sense. Ok, fair enough

    But you dont explain why the Blizzard's design makes sense though...why is this timagate "a thing".

    why?

    - - - Updated - - -



    Then tell us "Why" is this timegate good and makes sense for the player...
    Please then, if we need to explain AGAIN why the corruption timegate should exist, i would love if you could defend all the timegates you just moments ago said were good time gates.


    Professions- time gated
    gathering- time gated
    rare mobs- time gated
    questing- time gated
    leveling- time gated, why do you think its so slow to get around?
    Molten core- time gated
    ZG- time gated
    Onyxia's lair- time gated
    Blackwing lair- Time gated
    AQ20- time gated
    AQ40- time gated
    Nax- Time gated
    PVP rank- time gated
    PVP holidays- time gated
    holidays- time gated
    Events- time gated
    patch releases- time gated
    world bosses- time gated
    head hand in- time gated


    Please explain why all these time gates were good. and before you cry "straw man straw man!" i said these, and you literally responded with "those were good time gates" so please, if you are going to ask us to explain why corruption vendor is a good time gate, you must then explain why the above are good time gates, so we can compare.


    we already explained why the corruption vendors rotation is a "good time gate"
    but you say its bad.
    but the above stuff you also say is all good.
    so please explain why all of those are good.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2020-05-24 at 03:43 PM.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Please then, if we need to explain AGAIN why the corruption timegate should exist, i would love if you could defend all the timegates you just moments ago said were good time gates.


    Professions- time gated
    gathering- time gated
    rare mobs- time gated
    questing- time gated
    leveling- time gated, why do you think its so slow to get around?
    Molten core- time gated
    ZG- time gated
    Onyxia's lair- time gated
    Blackwing lair- Time gated
    AQ20- time gated
    AQ40- time gated
    Nax- Time gated
    PVP rank- time gated
    PVP holidays- time gated
    holidays- time gated
    Events- time gated
    patch releases- time gated
    world bosses- time gated
    head hand in- time gated


    Please explain why all these time gates were good. and before you cry "straw man straw man!" i said these, and you literally responded with "those were good time gates" so please, if you are going to ask us to explain why corruption vendor is a good time gate, you must then explain why the above are good time gates, so we can compare.
    Before i start answering i think is funny your argument now is "all timegates are bad, so why is this any different"

    So...you are admitting timegates are bad? WHich is a bad start (>_<)

    The only reason why "we" accept timegates like we accept them now is because Blizzard led us to believe is for a greater good.
    Either a more enjoyable experience or for casual players to not be left behind against no lifers.

    This must be documented via blue posts

    This corruption timegate...on the other hand...would need a bit of clarification.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Before i start answering i think is funny your argument now is "all timegates are bad, so why is this any different"

    So...you are admitting timegates are bad? WHich is a bad start (>_<)
    They were quoting you, Dumbass. You were the one who said "ALL TIMEGATES ARE BAD." then you were shown all these other timegates and you suddenly changed your tune to "Some timegates are bad." because you were called out and shown to be a liar or so stupid you need to get off the internet and go back to school.

    This isn't the first time, you've done this all over the forums that basically nobody believes a word you say.

    But if you want to know why this TimeGate isn't bad here's one. Without it everyone on this forum would be rushing in saying how they HAVE to grind 100 visions in 1 day just so they can get their infinite stars Rank 3 because blizzard didn't put in gates to stop them. Much like how they cried about it with AP needing to be capped because "I'M FORCED TO SPEND ALL DAY ON ISLANDS OR BLIZZARD WILL SHOOT ME AT THE RAID INSTANCE REEEE!" posts.

  11. #51
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    21,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Before i start answering i think is funny your argument now is "all timegates are bad, so why is this any different"

    So...you are admitting timegates are bad? WHich is a bad start (>_<)

    The only reason why "we" accept timegates like we accept them now is because Blizzard led us to believe is for a greater good.
    Either a more enjoyable experience or for casual players to not be left behind against no lifers.

    This must be documented via blue posts

    This corruption timegate...on the other hand...would need a bit of clarification.
    lol nice try, im not the one who said all timegates are bad, you did bucko.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Im trying to not get mad at petty things IRL and on the forums.

    But i always get mad at "timegates for the sake of timegating and without another game design purpose"

    And i think you will always see me mad about it on the future.

    The real life comparison is not so strange...if you consider a "timegate" disrespects your real life time.
    Its a total disrespect...thats why i get mad about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    So...is a timegate for the sake of timegating and wasting your time?
    Because thats what it looks like...

    (i chose to fight this fight because i think this kind of timegates are a total disrespect to the people and a total disrespect to its players)

    Then suddenly when we brought up the classic wow timegates you got all defensive of time gates.


    i love to watch your little squirm here, constantly changing sides.

    "Timegates are horrible they are a disrespect for our real life time"

    Then "No those are all good time gates, for the good of the player!"

    now back to "We only accept timegates cause blizz has led us to believe it is for the greater good"

    Your starting to remind me of eleccy bub.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    They were quoting you, Dumbass. You were the one who said "ALL TIMEGATES ARE BAD." then you were shown all these other timegates and you suddenly changed your tune to "Some timegates are bad." because you were called out and shown to be a liar or so stupid you need to get off the internet and go back to school.

    This isn't the first time, you've done this all over the forums that basically nobody believes a word you say.

    But if you want to know why this TimeGate isn't bad here's one. Without it everyone on this forum would be rushing in saying how they HAVE to grind 100 visions in 1 day just so they can get their infinite stars Rank 3 because blizzard didn't put in gates to stop them. Much like how they cried about it with AP needing to be capped because "I'M FORCED TO SPEND ALL DAY ON ISLANDS OR BLIZZARD WILL SHOOT ME AT THE RAID INSTANCE REEEE!" posts.
    Read again all my posts.

    Im not "new" to MMO-C

    I did not make the mistake of saying "all timegates are bad"

    Because i knew this would possibly happen.

    Read all my posts again...slowly.

    SPOILERS: I said "timegates for the sake of timegating"
    @FelPlague

    As you can see...you are misquoting me

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    so please explain why all of those are good.
    you are banging your head against the wall of stupidity, thinking you will leave a dent in it...

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Before i start answering i think is funny your argument now is "all timegates are bad, so why is this any different"

    So...you are admitting timegates are bad? WHich is a bad start (>_<)
    Literally not what he's saying. Only point being made by Felpague is that time gates have been an intrinsic part of the game since the beginning. Stop drawing your own conclusions and stick to what's actually being said.

    The only reason why "we" accept timegates like we accept them now is because Blizzard led us to believe is for a greater good.
    Either a more enjoyable experience or for casual players to not be left behind against no lifers.

    This must be documented via blue posts

    This corruption timegate...on the other hand...would need a bit of clarification.
    Timegates have always been about pacing, both for players benefit and for Blizzard's. The fact that there's benefits for Blizzard doesn't automatically make it a "scheme".

    And like I pointed out to you already (which amusingly you've again neglected to even touch upon), pacing the purchasable corruption retains value for the corruption items obtained via RNG means.
    Last edited by Great Destiny Man; 2020-05-24 at 04:07 PM.

  15. #55
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    21,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Read again all my posts.

    Im not "new" to MMO-C

    I did not make the mistake of saying "all timegates are bad"

    Because i knew this would possibly happen.

    Read all my posts again...slowly.

    SPOILERS: I said "timegates for the sake of timegating"
    @FelPlague

    As you can see...you are misquoting me
    And again, who are you to decide what timegates are "timegates for the means of timegating" and "Timegates for the better of the player"

    We asked you to explain why all those timegates are good timegates, while this one is not, but you refuse to, cause you cant. meanwhile we have already explained why it is a good timegate, many times.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Licketysplit77 View Post
    Morning

    So struggled to make it to work this morning, Pulled up to get petrol but unfortunately it was on this weeks cycle, only Diesel & LPG were on the vendor this week. So as my car was stuck on the forecourt and i got a the bus to work, Everyone who needed Diesel and LPG were able to fill up and zoom away.

    Why , what is the reason there is a cycle of Corruption, waiting 5 weeks for your own to come around :-0
    unless your character somehow became unplayable without your bis corruption (which you obviously didnt have before and was still able to play), and i mean LITERALY unplayable, that you have to logout in champer until its available, this is the worst analogy ive ever heard...

  17. #57
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    21,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Destiny Man View Post
    Felpunk
    Wow never heard that one, pretty good actually, i like it.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    meanwhile we have already explained why it is a good timegate, many times.
    Ahahahah, no you didnt?

    edit: YOU were the only one

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Wow never heard that one, pretty good actually, i like it.
    Whoops, was having a senile moment

  20. #60
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    21,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Ahahahah, no you didnt?
    *Ahem*
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    it's only 4 weeks btw; 52 corruptions, 13 a week. and to be honest, I want mine to be the last that come out... because by then I will be able to get 2 or 3 rather than 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Why is it a thing?
    1. hopefully to not overload the average player with massive choices
    2. A way to add variety, and while manipulative, RNG excitment "Finally my thing is up!"
    3. to keep corruptions still in somewhat of a check, they are buyyable now yes, but you cant get them right away
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Destiny Man View Post
    If full list of corruption pieces were on vendor it'd completely destroy the value of getting corruption through RNG (e.g. caches/visions) because then it just becomes a game of getting items with most optimal stats, purging them of corruptions (even if they're good) and reapplying BiS corruptions.

    Given that I have a lot of shit corruption pieces from RNG it'd be nice if I could buy them all now but I appreciate why Blizzard have done it this way and considering they didn't even have to give us purchasable corruptions at all I'm happy being met halfway.

    Also I know you're cynical of the game but try to be mature enough not to bundle people who have a different view point as being "part of the problem" ok champ
    Quote Originally Posted by ComplexSignal View Post
    To avoid degenerate play
    I am done here, im getting distracted when i should be working, plus this has gotten pathetic.

    Actually as jester joe says, its the same as saying the Black Market Auction house is a timegate.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2020-05-24 at 04:11 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •