Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    How does it make the player sub for longer?

Idk if you know, but people dont go farm forever to get a corruption, put it on their gear... then quit...

Please, tell me, why the fuck would someone spend weeks to go through the trouble to enchant their gear, only to quit
    no the people using this system are farming it, to make their future runs better and faster...

"Hey i just spent 3 weeks to farm this corruption onto my gear! time to quit the game now until corruptions are removed" you fucking serious?
    Imagine not knowing why MMOs do timegates. Especially subscription based ones. top lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Err, what? Time played is bad? I think you may have mixed me up with another poster. I'm saying what Blizzard wants by creating the system the way it is. I'm not saying everything Blizzard wants is bad. No idea why you'd think that if you aren't just trying to disprove everything negative I say about Blizzard.

Blizzard could've made the system maximally QoL for the sake of the player without reducing the prices meaning in total the time you spend on farming corruptions and buying them is entirely up to you. What's your theory on why they didn't do that if you're so sure I'm wrong?
    2. Yes, you can - I'm not really talking about people who are on the fence of quitting entirely, but rather getting people who already play to play more than they'd want to naturally. Also, unsubbing and waiting for the right corruption rotation means you'll need to have the right amount of echoes farmed beforehand - that's still played hours Blizzard wants.
    No you very much said it. "You will have to farm. That's still played hours blizzard wants." Again. So your saying, making people play the game to progress. Is "a tactic made by blizz to get what they want"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Imagine not knowing why MMOs do timegates. Especially subscription based ones. top lol.
    Imagine not being able to read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

No you very much said it. "You will have to farm. That's still played hours blizzard wants." Again. So your saying, making people play the game to progress. Is "a tactic made by blizz to get what they want"
    It.. is. That doesn't mean it's necessarily bad. If the system had all corruptions available at once, you could farm your corruptions and then quit after having fun with them, the way it is now means you'll have to stay longer especially if you don't manage to buy the ones you want when they were available. Again, what's your theory on why if you're so sure I'm wrong?

It.. is. That doesn't mean it's necessarily bad. If the system had all corruptions available at once, you could farm your corruptions and then quit after having fun with them, the way it is now means you'll have to stay longer especially if you don't manage to buy the ones you want when they were available. Again, what's your theory on why if you're so sure I'm wrong?
    I mean, is entirely possible this is for some kind of "greater good" for the game.
    Im not rulling out this possibility but it just doesnt seem like it, to me.

It could all be in good faith

But i choose to press "X" to doubt

7+ Year Old Account
    So you think players are staying... Because of corruptions. And are willing to spend extra months and extra hours. Just to get corruptions. That they will then go "alright I got it! Time to unsub"
    Yeah no. And me and many others said atleast 5 times now earlier. Look at the thic skilled messeged from shadow, you will find my response with all of the qoutes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Because Blizzard hates you, and you in particular.
    This is actually true. As someone on the alpha I can confirm they have made it even more obvious. They have hired an employee for every player who watches you play and makes sure to make you loot drop as little as possible, and all your father quests to drop 1 until your 19/20 then suddenly the last mob pack drops 8. They have really gone overboard.

So you think players are staying... Because of corruptions. And are willing to spend extra months and extra hours. Just to get corruptions. That they will then go "alright I got it! Time to unsub"
    Yeah no. And me and many others said atleast 5 times now earlier. Look at the thic skilled messeged from shadow, you will find my response with all of the qoutes.
    I'm not sure if you're intentionally being obtuse to troll, but I'm gonna assume you're able to extrapolate from an example anyway. Chill the fuck out and read what I'm saying again. You even brought up ICC as bad timegating as if that makes all timegating that comes after it good? ICC and SWP were both examples of egregious timegating which sucked. They were far worse examples.

You're still ignoring the question for some reason - what's your theory on why they've decided to do the corruption vendor system the way it is? I genuinely want to see your theory considering your righteous fury in attacking me for criticizing it.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure if you're intentionally being obtuse to troll, but I'm gonna assume you're able to extrapolate from an example anyway. Chill the fuck out and read what I'm saying again. You even brought up ICC as bad timegating as if that makes all timegating that comes after it good? ICC and SWP were both examples of egregious timegating which sucked. They were far worse examples.

You're still ignoring the question for some reason - what's your theory on why they've decided to do the corruption vendor system the way it is? I genuinely want to see your theory considering your righteous fury in attacking me for criticizing it.
    I told you. It's all.in this thread, you just need to fucking read my dude.

Here since reading seems to be a complication.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    it's only 4 weeks btw; 52 corruptions, 13 a week. and to be honest, I want mine to be the last that come out... because by then I will be able to get 2 or 3 rather than 1.
    Why is it a thing?
    1. hopefully to not overload the average player with massive choices
    2. A way to add variety, and while manipulative, RNG excitment "Finally my thing is up!"
    3. to keep corruptions still in somewhat of a check, they are buyyable now yes, but you cant get them right away
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Destiny Man View Post
    If full list of corruption pieces were on vendor it'd completely destroy the value of getting corruption through RNG (e.g. caches/visions) because then it just becomes a game of getting items with most optimal stats, purging them of corruptions (even if they're good) and reapplying BiS corruptions.

Given that I have a lot of shit corruption pieces from RNG it'd be nice if I could buy them all now but I appreciate why Blizzard have done it this way and considering they didn't even have to give us purchasable corruptions at all I'm happy being met halfway.

Also I know you're cynical of the game but try to be mature enough not to bundle people who have a different view point as being "part of the problem" ok champ
    Quote Originally Posted by ComplexSignal View Post
    To avoid degenerate play
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2020-05-24 at 07:12 PM.

I told you. It's all.in this thread, you just need to fucking read my dude.
    Alright my guy, you're clearly just being angry someone is "attacking" daddy Blizzard and aren't interested in discussions that aren't positivity only. I'm not even negative about the system and you're still acting like a child lol. I'm out.

7+ Year Old Account
    Alright my guy, you're clearly just being angry someone is "attacking" daddy Blizzard and aren't interested in discussions that aren't positivity only. I'm not even negative about the system and you're still acting like a child lol. I'm out.
    Surprise. You refused to read. Then when I put it right there for you "oh no your being mean, I guess I was right all along I'm not gunna read it"

You were wrong and you refuse to admit it.

Surprise. You refused to read. Then when I put it right there for you "oh no your being mean, I guess I was right all along I'm not gunna read it"

You were wrong and you refuse to admit it.
    Look, I know you want to feel big about the last word and all, but I'd genuinely love to admit to being wrong but you literally haven't presented any arguments beyond "omg you're so negative that makes me extremely angry". This "conversation" has been me treating you like an adult and you treating yourself like a child.

This is actually true. As someone on the alpha I can confirm they have made it even more obvious. They have hired an employee for every player who watches you play and makes sure to make you loot drop as little as possible, and all your father quests to drop 1 until your 19/20 then suddenly the last mob pack drops 8. They have really gone overboard.
    Ah right, and since we all know there are only about 100 active WoW players left this isn't even a monumental task for Blizzard to take on!

7+ Year Old Account
    Ah right, and since we all know there are only about 100 active WoW players left this isn't even a monumental task for Blizzard to take on!
    100? wow you fucking blizz shill, my addon has only 28 downloads, that is proof there is only 28 people playing wow, go back to shilling shill.

Typical MMO-C move

Lets paint "this people" in bad light with...what is this exactly? A quote of something we never said?

Very imaginative.
    Keep fighting the good fight! The bad people never stop attacking. We must protect defend and serve!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Just another example of instead of DEFENDING blizzard you choose to attack the poster instead.
    Yes...this is surreal.

Just kill me with arguments, which should be easy if this game design is easily defendable and honest.
    If you can come up with a reason why a vendor changing what they hold on a rotation twice a week is suddenly time gating, but only having one chance a week to get gear from a raid is fine, then let's here it.

People are getting frustrated with this probably because there's been many examples as to why people believe what you're saying is wrong, yet it's still being argued.

I gave you a flat reason why this isn't time gating. It's not really something that was up for debate. It's just basic facts. The vendor is not preventing you from doing anything. You can still go and farm corruption from other sources. You're not locked out of content.

But it was somehow twisted into "well I can't buy it RIGHT NOW, so that's time gated!".

Corruption effects aren't content to be done.
    It's not like the Broken Shore or Suramar where you're waiting to continue a story.

Typical MMO-C move

Lets paint "this people" in bad light with...what is this exactly? A quote of something we never said?

Very imaginative.
    Keep fighting the good fight! The bad people never stop attacking. We must protect defend and serve!
    I mean, you might want to look up the definition of sarcasm. Especially when it's as obvious as that... like, really?

Look dude, I get it: It's time gating. And time gating is GRRRR BAD. Full disclosure, I kind of don't agree with Blizzard here but it's kind of hilarious that every time Blizzard does anything -- regardless of whether it's good or bad -- threads like this become echo chambers of negativity. And instead of people attempting to reason why Blizzard did something the way they did it, you just get the same canned, "THEY'RE DESPERATELY TRYING TO KEEP YOU SUBBED" bullshit responses copy and pasted for page after page. If you want a participation trophy for having the truly enlightened perspective that Blizzard hates its players, that's fine. You do you. As I've said to you and many other people on this forum: You won't have any trouble finding people who share this perspective and provide you with that rush of endorphins you get when somebody quotes you in agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Licketysplit77 View Post
    Why , what is the reason there is a cycle of Corruption, waiting 5 weeks for your own to come around :-0
    The same reason for everything that activision is doing right now. Timegating. They dont want you to play the game for 2 months and be done with it. You better play the game until shadowlands comes out or the shareholders will not be pleased.

Here is a little trick that I myself found to be quite succesful: Dont give a fuck about BFA. Its not worth your time or money.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    If you can come up with a reason why a vendor changing what they hold on a rotation twice a week is suddenly time gating, but only having one chance a week to get gear from a raid is fine, then let's here it.

People are getting frustrated with this probably because there's been many examples as to why people believe what you're saying is wrong, yet it's still being argued.

I gave you a flat reason why this isn't time gating. It's not really something that was up for debate. It's just basic facts. The vendor is not preventing you from doing anything. You can still go and farm corruption from other sources. You're not locked out of content.

But it was somehow twisted into "well I can't buy it RIGHT NOW, so that's time gated!".

Corruption effects aren't content to be done.
    It's not like the Broken Shore or Suramar where you're waiting to continue a story.
    Im at a lack of words.
    I literally dont know what to reply to you.

From saying a "rotation" is not a timegate...to "corruptions are not content"

I literally dont know what to say here.
    I ask the help of others here to reply to Jester Joe.

How is this "rotation" not a timegate...and literally people are waiting for their corruptions to come up?
    Last edited by Roanda; 2020-05-24 at 08:59 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    The same reason for everything that activision is doing right now. Timegating. They dont want you to play the game for 2 months and be done with it. You better play the game until shadowlands comes out or the shareholders will not be pleased.

Here is a little trick that I myself found to be quite succesful: Dont give a fuck about BFA. Its not worth your time or money.
    CORRUPTION VENDOR IS NOT TIMEGATED!!! How many times does this need to be shouted to the fucking heavens!!!!! EVERY. SINGLE. CORRUPTION. IS. IN. THE. GAME. RIGHT. NOW. so if you want Infinite Stars Rank 3 then you can get it - just not from the vendor at this point in time.

- - - Updated - - -

I at a lack of words.
    I literally dont know what to reply to you.

From saying a "rotation" is not a timegate...to "corruptions are not content"

I literally dont know what to say here.
    I ask the help of others here to reply to Jester Joe.

How is this "rotation" not a timegate...and literally people are waiting for their corruptions to come up?
    see above comment. A timegate is not what it happening here; the content (corruptions) is already in the game!

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    CORRUPTION VENDOR IS NOT TIMEGATED!!! How many times does this need to be shouted to the fucking heavens!!!!! EVERY. SINGLE. CORRUPTION. IS. IN. THE. GAME. RIGHT. NOW. so if you want Infinite Stars Rank 3 then you can get it - just not from the vendor at this point in time.
    It's half measures vs. full measures. Corruptions on the vendor with a cycle is a half measure and players would (obviously) prefer a full measure. The reason Blizzard didn't is pretty obvious (players can't help themselves) but that gets thrown out the door when you're just making an empty, hollow accusation of Blizzard not caring.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2020-05-24 at 09:15 PM.