Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    This shouldn't really be shocking to anyone - they do it to inflate played hours, and to create an artificial sense of urgency and need to play.

    Likely also random which means nobody who still wants corruptions can stop playing for more than 4 days at a time, as if you knew the corruption you want is available in 4 weeks you could just stop playing until then.

    Simple as shit. Somewhat scummy, but mild as far as scumminess in this industry goes.
    They're really pushing the envelop with the rotational bullshit, such as the invasions/dailies and rares locked behind them.

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    It's as if people are just looking to latch onto some piece of shit and make a frikkin' meme out of it.

    Rotating vendor is a "time-gating" now, apparently. You forgot to add "clunky", "Activision", "MAUs" and "slap in the face" there, just to compete the classic MMO-C shitposter repertoire.

    Some people are simply in these forums to shit on just about everything they can imagine, if you hate the whole thing so much to the point you hate everything Blizz does in just about every thread ever, then just move on. Why suffer?

    There is no point even holding discussion, that Shadow-whatshisface boy already made his position abundantly clear in many similar threads, so it's just useless back and forth at this point that will go for another 20 pages of "NO U" arguments and counter-arguments.

    Massive waste of time and electricity.
    Except you are being part of the problem here?

    Crap we need to ignore in every thread:
    -classic knighting
    -classic hate
    -retail hate
    -retail knighting
    -personal attacks

    You are being part of the problem? Where is your argument in favor of this "rotation"?

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    *blahblah*
    I'm sorry, it seems you are under impression I am holding some sort of conversation with you? I assure you, it's not the case. I'd rather not waste my time, as I pointed out.

    Just clarifying for a fellow forum friend.

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I'm sorry, it seems you are under impression I am holding some sort of conversation with you? I assure you, it's not the case. I'd rather not waste my time, as I pointed out.

    Just clarifying for a fellow forum friend.
    you mentioned my name and me on your post.

  5. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Until you get a new piece with better item level (or stat priority).

    You get insanly excited! Woo woo! Time to corru...oh wait...is not up at this time.

    Time to play the waiting game. Man...i get so triggered by the waiting game. Im sorry guys
    I have 3 expedients in my inventory waiting for better items to put them on. Your strat sucks shit.

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Im at a lack of words.
    I literally dont know what to reply to you.

    From saying a "rotation" is not a timegate...to "corruptions are not content"

    I literally dont know what to say here.
    I ask the help of others here to reply to Jester Joe.

    How is this "rotation" not a timegate...and literally people are waiting for their corruptions to come up?
    And this is why people are getting frustrated with you.

    You're not actually trying to discuss it, you're just acting like you're right while having nothing to actually back up what you're claiming.

    Which normally in a discussion, ends with accepting that maybe the original claim (that this is a time gate) is reconsidered.


    Like, what's next.
    Affixes are time gates for m+?

  7. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    And this is why people are getting frustrated with you.

    You're not actually trying to discuss it, you're just acting like you're right while having nothing to actually back up what you're claiming.

    Which normally in a discussion, ends with accepting that maybe the original claim (that this is a time gate) is reconsidered.


    Like, what's next.
    Affixes are time gates for m+?
    I finally understood "why you dont think is a timegate" with the help of another poster

    Here is my reply in case you missed it:

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Ahhhh, now i get the "is not a timegate" argument thanks

    Is not a timegate because you are not locked out of doing raids, instances etc
    You are simply less effective.

    Ok

    You are still waiting 1 month to get something you want though Happy waiting (no sarcasm, have fun with whatever else is in the game)
    Last edited by Shadoowpunk; 2020-05-24 at 11:41 PM.

  8. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    If you can come up with a reason why a vendor changing what they hold on a rotation twice a week is suddenly time gating, but only having one chance a week to get gear from a raid is fine, then let's here it.

    People are getting frustrated with this probably because there's been many examples as to why people believe what you're saying is wrong, yet it's still being argued.

    I gave you a flat reason why this isn't time gating. It's not really something that was up for debate. It's just basic facts. The vendor is not preventing you from doing anything. You can still go and farm corruption from other sources. You're not locked out of content.

    But it was somehow twisted into "well I can't buy it RIGHT NOW, so that's time gated!".

    Corruption effects aren't content to be done.
    It's not like the Broken Shore or Suramar where you're waiting to continue a story.
    It is pretty easy to argue that it is time gated. A more apt comparison between corruptions would be the vp vendor or the gear upgrade system from MoP. Trying to compare them to content isn't really relevent.

    Now I can see reasons for why these are time gated. It stops everyone from rushing out and getting their BiS corruptions right off the bat but this is a time gate that isn't something you can debate.

    What you can debate is the reasoning behind the time gate. I personally think its to stretch out content a little bit more and make it feel like a gradual power gain rather then a sudden shock to your read team as everyone suddenly hits harder and heals more.

  9. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    I finally understood "why you dont think is a timegate" with the help of another poster

    Here is my reply in case you missed it:
    And yet it's basically word for word what I said 4 pages ago-

    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    This isn't a time gate.
    It's as simple as that.

    It's not preventing you from playing any content. It's not preventing you from accessing anything.
    And hell, it's not the only source of Corruption.


    Is it an arbitrary, kinda silly decision? Yes.

    But it's not a time gate at all. It's not gating you out of anything.
    :l which you argued against at the time.


    Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    It is pretty easy to argue that it is time gated. A more apt comparison between corruptions would be the vp vendor or the gear upgrade system from MoP. Trying to compare them to content isn't really relevent.

    Now I can see reasons for why these are time gated. It stops everyone from rushing out and getting their BiS corruptions right off the bat but this is a time gate that isn't something you can debate.

    What you can debate is the reasoning behind the time gate. I personally think its to stretch out content a little bit more and make it feel like a gradual power gain rather then a sudden shock to your read team as everyone suddenly hits harder and heals more.
    It's not time gated though. Time gated implies you're waiting a duration for something to become accessible in general, a la Suramar content/Broken Shore.

    Island expeditions aren't time gated for being on a rotation.
    The crates aren't time gated for being on a rotation.
    Mythic+ affixes aren't time gated for being on a rotation.

    And the logic of "To stop people from rushing out and getting their BiS corruptions" is faulty to begin with, considering Expedient rank 3 was on the very first rotation.

  10. #170
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    It is pretty easy to argue that it is time gated. A more apt comparison between corruptions would be the vp vendor or the gear upgrade system from MoP. Trying to compare them to content isn't really relevent.

    Now I can see reasons for why these are time gated. It stops everyone from rushing out and getting their BiS corruptions right off the bat but this is a time gate that isn't something you can debate.

    What you can debate is the reasoning behind the time gate. I personally think its to stretch out content a little bit more and make it feel like a gradual power gain rather then a sudden shock to your read team as everyone suddenly hits harder and heals more.
    I only understood later with another poster his reasoning.
    He doesnt consider corruptions "actual content".
    So is not gating you out of "anything" content-related...so is not a timegate.

    I dont agree but at this point i dont know if i should keep talking...

    I just wanted to reply to say, i was not expecting you, Laughingjack to be the one to point it out and somewhat "come to the rescue"
    We have a lot of bad blood spilled on this forums with arguments between you and me.
    You had no reason to do this and im shocked.
    And im not saying this only because you agree with me...is more because you could have easily shit on me and you didnt.
    Sorry for calling min maxers "you people" and shitting on your community.

    Is a pitty fest! everyone close your eyes (>_<)

  11. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    And yet it's basically word for word what I said 4 pages ago-



    :l which you argued against at the time.




    It's not time gated though. Time gated implies you're waiting a duration for something to become accessible in general, a la Suramar content/Broken Shore.

    Island expeditions aren't time gated for being on a rotation.
    The crates aren't time gated for being on a rotation.
    Mythic+ affixes aren't time gated for being on a rotation.

    And the logic of "To stop people from rushing out and getting their BiS corruptions" is faulty to begin with, considering Expedient rank 3 was on the very first rotation.
    I think they don't want every single person buying their best at once. If they roll them out slowly the raids overall damage levels will increase more gradually then if everyone buys their best all at once.

    I understand what your trying to say with your examples but I have to disagree with it. We are talking about powerful stat increases compared to islands cosmetic rewards.
    I am unsure what you mean by crates either dailies or pvp drops? I am going go assume the former. Those are in fact time gated as well. Mythic+ isn't really a gate but a set of conditions the rewards are identical every week regardless of affixs.

    When people talk about time gating with the vendor they are referring to the time it takes to get their BiS corruption and considered how massive of the a different the best and worst corruptions are (no damage to roughly 30-50% of your overall dmg depending on spec) It is easy to see where the frustration is coming from.

    I honestly think people just want to be "done" with corruption. It was a despised system from its launch and now that people see a way to get it locked in once and for all they want to take it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    I only understood later with another poster his reasoning.
    He doesnt consider corruptions "actual content".
    So is not gating you out of "anything" content-related...so is not a timegate.

    I dont agree but at this point i dont know if i should keep talking...

    I just wanted to reply to say, i was not expecting you, Laughingjack to be the one to point it out and somewhat "come to the rescue"
    We have a lot of bad blood spilled on this forums with arguments between you and me.
    You had no reason to do this and im shocked.
    And im not saying this only because you agree with me...is more because you could have easily shit on me and you didnt.
    Sorry for calling min maxers "you people" and shitting on your community.

    Is a pitty fest! everyone close your eyes (>_<)
    I think your a bit over invested in forum posting. My overall goal or perhaps desire for the game is it to be based more on how you spend you time rather then how much of it you spend to be the limiting factor.

    I dislike systems like this because it feels like the goal is simply to have players wait rather then to help them succeed. Our differing views on covenants stems from that same vein. The goal was always to give players as much agency and control over the content they enjoy as possible. All there was to it.

  12. #172
    many guilds came back during COVID-19

  13. #173
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    I think they don't want every single person buying their best at once. If they roll them out slowly the raids overall damage levels will increase more gradually then if everyone buys their best all at once.

    I understand what your trying to say with your examples but I have to disagree with it. We are talking about powerful stat increases compared to islands cosmetic rewards.
    I am unsure what you mean by crates either dailies or pvp drops? I am going go assume the former. Those are in fact time gated as well. Mythic+ isn't really a gate but a set of conditions the rewards are identical every week regardless of affixs.

    When people talk about time gating with the vendor they are referring to the time it takes to get their BiS corruption and considered how massive of the a different the best and worst corruptions are (no damage to roughly 30-50% of your overall dmg depending on spec) It is easy to see where the frustration is coming from.

    I honestly think people just want to be "done" with corruption. It was a despised system from its launch and now that people see a way to get it locked in once and for all they want to take it.
    The island expedition crates.

    And just because it's a power increase thing doesn't mean it's time gated.

    Does it make the system stupid and infuriating to a degree? Yes.

    Time gated though, no.

  14. #174
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    The island expedition crates.

    And just because it's a power increase thing doesn't mean it's time gated.

    Does it make the system stupid and infuriating to a degree? Yes.

    Time gated though, no.
    Ahh I would say both are time gated myself as you have to wait to buy the specific one you target. I think corruption irks more because its direct power rather then cosmetics.

    I value cosmetics highly but I am far more comfortable waiting for them compared to major power upgrades to my character. Both are time gates but ones more egregious or at least I would argue it is.

  15. #175
    That is a horrible analogy, OP, and you know it. If you want to compare corruptions to car-related items, they're more like the entire car itself. Before the vendor, you already had a car that worked and had a decent top speed, but you were unlucky with winning a better car. Now there's a car dealer in town that cycles their stock.

    Unfortunately, you're a shit driver and getting a better car isn't going to help.


    addons
    weakauras
    Lua Wall of Shame
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •