Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Sounds like you were still able to get where you needed. Just had to put in a little extra effort to get there. No problem seen.
    By effort you mean "keep that sub running and wait" ?
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2020-05-24 at 03:00 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    1- How is not having all options always available less overwhelming? How is preventing you from buying them any better?
    2- Variety? This system only makes more room to make the mistake of buying something you dont want...but is the only thing available at the time.
    3- Your third point is the one that makes the most sense...IF im not mistaken you can "sell" on the AH this corruptions, correct?

So is this system to keep the Auction House in check?
    Yeah no, you dont even know how this fucking system works, shadowpunk, get ahold of yourself, you used to think about these things abit better

Literally went and bought a corruption just to show you.
    Shadow you used to be legit man, what happened?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Just wanted to make sure.
    So people like you know exactly this is a scheme to keep people subbed longer but you simply "dont care because is better than nothing".

I think is all fun and games at this point...but if in the future Blizzard designs the game around this system because it "keeps players subbed longer"
    It will be the death of a game, for me at least.
    It's a scheme to give players the thing they asked for, albeit not in the manner they were expecting? Yea totally agree

If full list of corruption pieces were on vendor it'd completely destroy the value of getting corruption through RNG (e.g. caches/visions) because then it just becomes a game of getting items with most optimal stats, purging them of corruptions (even if they're good) and reapplying BiS corruptions.

Given that I have a lot of shit corruption pieces from RNG it'd be nice if I could buy them all now but I appreciate why Blizzard have done it this way and considering they didn't even have to give us purchasable corruptions at all I'm happy being met halfway.

Also I know you're cynical of the game but try to be mature enough not to bundle people who have a different view point as being "part of the problem" ok champ

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Yeah no, you dont even know how this fucking system works, shadowpunk, get ahold of yourself, you used to think about these things abit better
    Literally went and bought a corruption just to show you.
    Shadow you used to be legit man, what happened?
    Ok so...the ONLY thing that could possibly make sense out of this system is not true.

You CANT put this items on the AH...

So...is a timegate for the sake of timegating and wasting your time?
    Because thats what it looks like...

(i chose to fight this fight because i think this kind of timegates are a total disrespect to the people and a total disrespect to its players)

7+ Year Old Account
    Players are not staying subbed like "alright im paying 15$ a month just waiting for my thing to appear so i can buy them!" even though they all come within a month. so no matter what even if they were all available at once, or rotate, BOTH require you to subscribe for a month.

literally they could have been given to you for free when you log in, and it still would require you to buy a month to get them, none of this changes.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok so...the ONLY thing that could possibly make sense out of this system is not true.

You CANT put this items on the AH...

So...is a timegate for the sake of timegating and wasting your time?
    Because thats what it looks like...

(i chose to fight this fight because i think this kind of timegates are a total disrespect to the people and a total disrespect to its players)
    Then quit the fucking game, why the fuck have you been playing this game for 15 years, are you a machocist? if you feel timegating is a disrespect to the player, but then just happily pay for timegating for fifteen fucking years, who is the problem? you.
    Timegates are commonly used for the players well being. If not for time gating, any time a raid came out you would be "required" by your guild to spend all day doing the raid over and over and over and over until you get every BIS from the raid, then onto the next difficulty, weeks and weeks of 12 hours a day doing the raid over and over, then well you quit, cause youve just done the raid like 100 times in 3 weeks, and now your full BIS.

you have already proven you dont know how the system even works, and yet your still trying to push stuff about it.

Yeah no, thats not how people work.
    People who were just about to click uninstall on the game, were not suddenly stopped in their tracks and now playing for another... 3 weeks... so they can get the perfect corruptions... to not use cause then they are going to quit.

that is not how people work mate. i mean if you have a few people you can show me sure, but people are not going to resubb, just to get their best corruptions, then quit again.

and even if they were, that would not change even if they were all available at the start. cause that would stil require them playing for the month, which means they paid their 15$

I feel like the only fucking way you would be happy, is if they had added every corruption to the vendor, and made them all free, cause even if they were all available at once, you would still cry "wow forcing us to grind corruptions through currency!? wow boosting MAU!"

i garuntee you are a right out liar, people do not go "oh i should resub to wow to get my BIS corruptions" log in, grind their corruptions, then quit again.
    Maybe a bit of hyperbole there, but if you think adding the corruption isn't a shot in the arm for hours played, or your desire to keep playing to get better gear, I disagree.

Everyone i play with is working hard now to grind keys, or pvp to get currency, either to buy something now, or in anticipation of some good coming up.

The dot of the desire to quit is still ticking hard, some more than others, but it's like everyone just got topped off to full with this change. For some it'll last two weeks, for some it won't matter, and for some it'll carry longer.

Although temporary, our whole guild as a social entity is more deeply committed to the game just get these bis corruptions, and if course extra gear to enchant. I'm sure situational bis is coming, where once we hit bis, we start tweaking for a certain dungeon/ affix. I mean it's pretty much choose your own bis just like the MDI servers, you just need to grind it out.

For many in the guild, they came back during COVID-19 and this is a very effective way to keep people engaged across your content. Just like choose your own legendary at the end of legion.

That said, I'm a firm believer that if you're going to have mega powerful rng, people feel better when you can grind to beat bad rng. Loot coins started that way, m+ drops only 10 ilvl lower than the chest, legion awarded leggos from practically all content. Systems that let you beat bad rng through a grind are generally preferable to just getting bad rng.

The downside is that some of the player base if given an option to grind for a reward, now feels it is essential to grind. Ie arcano crystal (could have capped currency), or AP grinds, or the many players currently grinding echoes non stop.

this is not a timegate. stop washing it together. a timegate is like sunwell raid where it was locked for progress. this is a simple currency vendor. dont like it dont farm it. if you dont farm it you dont need it. if you dont need it you dont care about it. if you dont like farming and working on your character in an mmorpg thats a whole other issue. its a good QoL sidepiece system.

I wish Blizzard would just remove the system now, because im tired of all the tears from the children (not literally in most cases) that play this game.

How lost can people be to think this as a big conspiracy to keep people subbed? If they would be slapped to vendor all at once instead of cycling them all through a timespan of 4 weeks, you honestly think there's any kind of effect on how long people are gonna keep their subs up?

"Baah such a disrespect towards players"-people get a fucking hold of yourselves jesus christ.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xiloclipse View Post
    Maybe a bit of hyperbole there, but if you think adding the corruption isn't a shot in the arm for hours played, or your desire to keep playing to get better gear, I disagree.

Everyone i play with is working hard now to grind keys, or pvp to get currency, either to buy something now, or in anticipation of some good coming up.

The dot of the desire to quit is still ticking hard, some more than others, but it's like everyone just got topped off to full with this change. For some it'll last two weeks, for some it won't matter, and for some it'll carry longer.

Although temporary, our whole guild as a social entity is more deeply committed to the game just get these bis corruptions, and if course extra gear to enchant. I'm sure situational bis is coming, where once we hit bis, we start tweaking for a certain dungeon/ affix. I mean it's pretty much choose your own bis just like the MDI servers, you just need to grind it out.

For many in the guild, they came back during COVID-19 and this is a very effective way to keep people engaged across your content. Just like choose your own legendary at the end of legion.

That said, I'm a firm believer that if you're going to have mega powerful rng, people feel better when you can grind to beat bad rng. Loot coins started that way, m+ drops only 10 ilvl lower than the chest, legion awarded leggos from practically all content. Systems that let you beat bad rng through a grind are generally preferable to just getting bad rng.

The downside is that some of the player base if given an option to grind for a reward, now feels it is essential to grind. Ie arcano crystal (could have capped currency), or AP grinds, or the many players currently grinding echoes non stop.
    And now question is, do you think the second they get their corruptions they will quit?

Do you think the only reason they are playing the corruptions?
    ask em, go ahead and ask them.

or is it cause... they are getting the corruptions.. so they can do the raid and stuff easier...

they are not ONLY playing the game because of corruptions, they are playing because of the raid, or pvp, and this corruption vendor is a way for them to power themselves up in that.

Your friends and guildies are farmign the currency, so they can... keep playing the game for the next while, with those better corruptions, they are not grinding those "so then they can quit as soon as they get the corruptions"

Also idk if you know, but your guildies grinding the currency... would suddenly not be happening if these were all available all the time, they would be grinding them all the same.
    they are grinding them cause they are trying to get the corruptions ASAP. if they were all available, they would still be grinding.
    making them all available at once would not suddenly make them FREE.

Quote Originally Posted by Lubefist View Post
    How lost can people be to think this as a big conspiracy to keep people subbed? If they would be slapped to vendor all at once instead of cycling them all through a timespan of 4 weeks, you honestly think there's any kind of effect on how long people are gonna keep their subs up?

"Baah such a disrespect towards players"-people get a fucking hold of yourselves jesus christ.
    The absolute entitlement in the WoW playerbase knows no ends.

I don't really care about this seeing I am only playing like 3 hours per week atm and that's mostly to get some gold, but it seems strange to me that they didn't just put them all up. Or well not strange, because we know why(not because of MAU which 90% of the posters on mmo-champ don't know what it really means, but because of having a new reward each 3-4 days to play for, different classes/specs on peoples alts and so on) but they should just put them all out.

There is a lot of time gating that makes sense. This is not one of them.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-05-24 at 03:28 PM.

Then quit the fucking game, why the fuck have you been playing this game for 15 years, are you a machocist? if you feel timegating is a disrespect to the player, but then just happily pay for timegating for fifteen fucking years, who is the problem? you.
    Timegates are commonly used for the players well being. If not for time gating, any time a raid came out you would be "required" by your guild to spend all day doing the raid over and over and over and over until you get every BIS from the raid, then onto the next difficulty, weeks and weeks of 12 hours a day doing the raid over and over, then well you quit, cause youve just done the raid like 100 times in 3 weeks, and now your full BIS.

you have already proven you dont know how the system even works, and yet your still trying to push stuff about it.
    And here is my problem:

Im presenting the argument this is a "scheme game design" and this design should be avoided because is a disrespect to the players.

Negative, i know...correct?

But EVERY SINGLE PERSON replying to me instead of presenting counter arguments and using common sense...they are personally attacking me????????
    This only makes it worse and make me think even harder this is a scheme...which is only making things worse...for me, at least.

So...could any of you defend Blizzard on this game design without attacking me and using common sense?
    Please?

7+ Year Old Account

I garuntee you come shadowlands, people are gunna see the pvp vendors and go "wow blizzard timegating us, we can only earn X amount of conquest a week, and it takes us Y weeks to buy this gear? what the fuck blizz timegating us this is fucking bullshit"

speak of the devil, classic is so fucking shit, the game is absolute fucking trash.

Professions- time gated
    gathering- time gated
    rare mobs- time gated
    questing- time gated
    leveling- time gated, why do you think its so slow to get around?
    Molten core- time gated
    ZG- time gated
    Onyxia's lair- time gated
    Blackwing lair- Time gated
    AQ20- time gated
    AQ40- time gated
    Nax- Time gated
    PVP rank- time gated
    PVP holidays- time gated
    holidays- time gated
    Events- time gated
    patch releases- time gated
    world bosses- time gated
    head hand in- time gated

classic wow is just the worst fucking shit, look at all these time gates!

- - - Updated - - -

And here is my problem:

Im presenting the argument this is a "scheme game design" and this design should be avoided because is a disrespect to the players.

Negative, i know...correct?

But EVERY SINGLE PERSON replying to me instead of presenting counter arguments and using common sense...they are personally attacking me????????
    This only makes it worse and make me think even harder this is a scheme...which is only making things worse...for me, at least.

So...could any of you defend Blizzard on this game design without attacking me and using common sense?
    Please?
    Cause we told you how and why you were wrong and you just started spoutting stuff that was incorrect.
    dont be surprised when people make fun of you for talking about something you know nothing about.

It sounds like you've got a good mass transit system, so I'd call that a win. My roommates used to have to leave 3 or more hours early to take a bus to work.

It's genuinely amusing to watch people go from the point of "I'm dissatisfied with the game" to launching a one man crusade against Blizzard. It's like it's heresy just to think "well guess the game is no longer for me, gonna move on with my life".

I garuntee you come shadowlands, people are gunna see the pvp vendors and go "wow blizzard timegating us, we can only earn X amount of conquest a week, and it takes us Y weeks to buy this gear? what the fuck blizz timegating us this is fucking bullshit"

speak of the devil, classic is so fucking shit, the game is absolute fucking trash.

Professions- time gated
    leveling- time gated, why do you think its so slow to get around?
    Molten core- time gated
    ZG- time gated
    Onyxia's lair- time gated
    Blackwing lair- Time gated
    AQ20- time gated
    AQ40- time gated
    Nax- Time gated
    PVP rank- time gated
    PVP holidays- time gated
    holidays- time gated
    Events- time gated
    patch releases- time gated
    world bosses- time gated
    head hand in- time gated

classic wow is just the worst fucking shit, look at all these time gates!

- - - Updated - - -

Cause we told you how and why you were wrong and you just started spoutting stuff that was incorrect.
    dont be surprised when people make fun of you for talking about something you know nothing about.
    You are only making a fool of yourself by presenting us with timegates THAT MAKE SENSE and are for the greater good of game design and for the players.

This one...makes no sense...and is for the greater good of no one.

No, I mean exactly what I stated in response to the other persons attempt at an example and how it falls flat.
    Also, I’m really tired to this excuse of “keep people subbed.” If people are subbed to play the game, then waiting for a cycle of something to be available makes no difference as that person is still subbed regardless of waiting for a specific item to be available.
    If said person is waiting for that item to then join in and play, then they can obviously just unsub until it’s up and then resub when it’s up to play them. This point is even further terrible decision making as said person is even further behind for just not doing the content they want said items for, especially when they lose power by waiting out and not doing what they want.
    This example of yours, and others, is terrible and makes no sense when actually given any real thought.

- - - Updated - - -

You are only making a fool of yourself by presenting us with timegates THAT MAKE SENSE and are for the greater good of game design and for the players.

How was anything time gated in Vanilla somehow better and for the greater good? Again, a foolish argument when given thought.

You have no argument. People complain about corruption RNG, Blizzard puts them for sale on a vendor where at worst case scenario you have to wait for whole 4 weeks to have your desired corruption and yet the entitled crybabies see this as a huge spit on the face using some twisted logic that only "everything for me right now"-generation are capable of.

This is not timegating. People have farmed corruptions for months now and some haven't gotten the ones they want/need still and now we have them on a vendor yet few weeks of waiting is apparently unbearable.

7+ Year Old Account

And there it is, you fell for it.

"timegates THAT MAKE SENSE and are for the greater good of game design and for the players."

Who are you to decide what timegates are, and are not for the greater good of game design, and for the players?

Who are you to decide having to wait 4 days to craft a mooncloth, and needing 12 of them to craft a peice of armor GOOD for the player. but then to say having to wait 3 and a half days for corruptions to rotate is BAD for the players?
    I think i should be able to craft a mooncloth whenever the fuck i like, as long as i get the items needed to craft it, who are YOU to decide that timegate is good, while corruption shop rotation is bad?

Who the fuck are you to decide that hm"?

Remebmer when only like 5 minutes ago you were saying all timegates are bad? now suddenly you are saying "Oh vanilla timegates were good, only new timegates are bad!" and there is the Bias showing shadow, oooof how sorry for you mate.

1 second its "all timegates are bad" next second its "no my timegates are good, yours are bad!"
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2020-05-24 at 03:34 PM.