Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lubefist View Post
    What are you on about?
    Is it not pretty straight forward? Specs that needed Expedient already got it now so there is no time gating for them.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    see above comment. A timegate is not what it happening here; the content (corruptions) is already in the game!
    So because there is RNG corruption in the game this system has no timegate at all?
    What?
    Im speaking of the deterministic way of getting corruption.

The RNG choice invalidates the timegate of the deterministic one?

I dont get it...

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    So because there is RNG corruption in the game this system has no timegate at all?
    What?
    Im speaking of the deterministic way of getting corruption.

The RNG choice invalidates the timegate of the deterministic one?

I dont get it...
    yeah it does.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    yeah it does.
    Are you telling me if i want gloves with the best item level possible with a specific corruption...i should just farm the RNG portion of the game non stop everyday?

The funny part is that you cant actually farm the best ilvl "non stop everyday" so...i have a nice double barrel argument here, no? :S

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Are you telling me if i want gloves with the best item level possible with a specific corruption...i should just farm the RNG portion of the game non stop everyday?

The funny part is that you cant actually farm the best ilvl "non stop everyday" so...i have a nice double barrel argument here, no? :S
    you can't farm non stop everyday but you can farm it. and you might get lucky and it might drop. it's in the game, therefore it's not timegated.

do you collect mounts? you been farming Lich King, Ragnaros and Deathwing for their mounts? would you consider that a timegate, since it is an RNG drop?

It not being 475 doesn't stop it being useful. Also not everyone is farming the relevant content to even get 475 pieces (and as you're someone who's professed multiple times that your prime source of enjoyment is random bgs I'm very sure you can appreciate that).

Quote Originally Posted by Great Destiny Man View Post
    It not being 475 doesn't stop it being useful. Also not everyone is farming the relevant content to even get 475 pieces (and as you're someone who's professed multiple times that your prime source of enjoyment is random bgs I'm very sure you can appreciate that).
    I dont know what to tell anyone at this point...and i feel like im at the wrong place to have this conversation

If i want a specific piece to corrupt with a specific corruption isnt that a 1/52 chance of happening? A 0,01% chance?
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2020-05-24 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    This shouldn't really be shocking to anyone - they do it to inflate played hours, and to create an artificial sense of urgency and need to play.

Likely also random which means nobody who still wants corruptions can stop playing for more than 4 days at a time, as if you knew the corruption you want is available in 4 weeks you could just stop playing until then.

Simple as shit. Somewhat scummy, but mild as far as scumminess in this industry goes.
    Can’t you just check Wowhead or here each Tuesday/Friday to see what is available?

I think it's completely fine to question decisions rather than fully accept them.

I do personally find it frustrating with the system they've implemented. I'm very glad they've allowed us to target corruptions but because I wasn't able to invest as much time into expedient 3 farming I was only able to purchase two. My friends I play with however were able to purchase 6-7 due to being able to farm more in those 4 days plus one having surplus echoes due to rerolling. I now have to wait a month while they get to enjoy their characters at almost BiS corruption.

We're all competitive in nature in our group in dps and it does actually feel worse for me right now than the previous system because i'm effectively 4 BiS corruptions behind now rather than say 1 or 2 and it's a long wait. I guess it's partly just unfortunate that exp3 was the first vendor. I'd like to have seen more corruptions per cycle as in my opinion one month is too long.

Quote Originally Posted by csguba View Post
    I think it's completely fine to question decisions rather than fully accept them.

I do personally find it frustrating with the system they've implemented. I'm very glad they've allowed us to target corruptions but because I wasn't able to invest as much time into expedient 3 farming I was only able to purchase two. My friends I play with however were able to purchase 6-7 due to being able to farm more in those 4 days plus one having surplus echoes due to rerolling. I now have to wait a month while they get to enjoy their characters at almost BiS corruption.

We're all competitive in nature in our group in dps and it does actually feel worse for me right now than the previous system because i'm effectively 4 BiS corruptions behind now rather than say 1 or 2 and it's a long wait. I guess it's partly just unfortunate that exp3 was the first vendor. I'd like to have seen more corruptions per cycle as in my opinion one month is too long.
    The first victim of the timegate.
    Welcome.

Im not saying you "have my back" on this discussion.

I walk alone in this path and i dont mind (>_<)

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    Can’t you just check Wowhead or here each Tuesday/Friday to see what is available?
    You can, but Blizzard doesn't design systems around the forum-going minority. Most won't, and even those who will won't know when it'll come and as such will have to stick around until it does.

The first victim of the timegate.
    Welcome.

Im not saying you "have my back" on this discussion.

I walk alone in this path and i dont mind (>_<)
    I don't quite agree with you as because others have said it's not quite timegating in the sense I'm still able to do all the content etc that is in the game.
    I'm just salty that the length of cycles mean I'm not going to be competitive for a month.

I dont know what to tell anyone at this point...and i feel like im at the wrong place to have this conversation
    You're focusing on one half of a system and pretending the other half doesn't exist. If all you want is people to agree with you then yea you're probably better off finding somewhere else to set up your echo chamber.

If i want a specific piece to corrupt with a specific corruption isnt that a 1/52 chance of happening? A 0,01% chance?
    0.02% actually but no class has a situation where 51/52 corruptions are utterly garbage. A R1 or R2 expedient isn't suddenly useless just because I'd like to have a R3. Likewise while specific corruptions might be BiS the actual DPS difference between BiS and next best alternative don't tend to be huge.

Edit: In fact what the fuck am I on about, I can't math. It's 1.9%
    Last edited by Great Destiny Man; 2020-05-24 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by csguba View Post
    I don't quite agree with you as because others have said it's not quite timegating in the sense I'm still able to do all the content etc that is in the game.
    I'm just salty that the length of cycles mean I'm not going to be competitive for a month.
    Ahhhh, now i get the "is not a timegate" argument thanks

Is not a timegate because you are not locked out of doing raids, instances etc
    You are simply less effective.

Ok

You are still waiting 1 month to get something you want though Happy waiting (no sarcasm, have fun with whatever else is in the game)
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2020-05-24 at 11:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's as if people are just looking to latch onto some piece of shit and make a frikkin' meme out of it.

Rotating vendor is a "time-gating" now, apparently. You forgot to add "clunky", "Activision", "MAUs" and "slap in the face" there, just to compete the classic MMO-C shitposter repertoire.

Some people are simply in these forums to shit on just about everything they can imagine, if you hate the whole thing so much to the point you hate everything Blizz does in just about every thread ever, then just move on. Why suffer?

There is no point even holding discussion, that Shadow-whatshisface boy already made his position abundantly clear in many similar threads, so it's just useless back and forth at this point that will go for another 20 pages of "NO U" arguments and counter-arguments.

Massive waste of time and electricity.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    This shouldn't really be shocking to anyone - they do it to inflate played hours, and to create an artificial sense of urgency and need to play.

Likely also random which means nobody who still wants corruptions can stop playing for more than 4 days at a time, as if you knew the corruption you want is available in 4 weeks you could just stop playing until then.

Simple as shit. Somewhat scummy, but mild as far as scumminess in this industry goes.
    They're really pushing the envelop with the rotational bullshit, such as the invasions/dailies and rares locked behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    It's as if people are just looking to latch onto some piece of shit and make a frikkin' meme out of it.

Rotating vendor is a "time-gating" now, apparently. You forgot to add "clunky", "Activision", "MAUs" and "slap in the face" there, just to compete the classic MMO-C shitposter repertoire.

Some people are simply in these forums to shit on just about everything they can imagine, if you hate the whole thing so much to the point you hate everything Blizz does in just about every thread ever, then just move on. Why suffer?

There is no point even holding discussion, that Shadow-whatshisface boy already made his position abundantly clear in many similar threads, so it's just useless back and forth at this point that will go for another 20 pages of "NO U" arguments and counter-arguments.

Massive waste of time and electricity.
    Except you are being part of the problem here?

Crap we need to ignore in every thread:
    -classic knighting
    -classic hate
    -retail hate
    -retail knighting
    -personal attacks

You are being part of the problem? Where is your argument in favor of this "rotation"?

10+ Year Old Account
    *blahblah*
    I'm sorry, it seems you are under impression I am holding some sort of conversation with you? I assure you, it's not the case. I'd rather not waste my time, as I pointed out.

Just clarifying for a fellow forum friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I'm sorry, it seems you are under impression I am holding some sort of conversation with you? I assure you, it's not the case. I'd rather not waste my time, as I pointed out.

Just clarifying for a fellow forum friend.
    you mentioned my name and me on your post.

Until you get a new piece with better item level (or stat priority).

You get insanly excited! Woo woo! Time to corru...oh wait...is not up at this time.

Time to play the waiting game. Man...i get so triggered by the waiting game. Im sorry guys
    I have 3 expedients in my inventory waiting for better items to put them on. Your strat sucks shit.